• +

Kurt This day, 1994...

#16 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 03:23 PM

I remember when kurt died. I also remember when TuPac, Biggie, left eye, alyiah, George harrison, etc... died

I liked them all (no not reallY) And I m not going to jump on the bandwagon now.

Only bandwagon I jump on is the Vancouver Canucks. I hate hockey, but when they hit the playoffs, I m their number one fan.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 12 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#17 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:04 PM

Aaliyah's death meant nothing to me. Nor did Lisa Lopez'. Neither one of them really had any sort of effect on my life. George Harrison was obviously a tragedy, but not nearly as much as Lennon's death, in my opinion. Tupac, I think people should just let go of. He's released more music since his death than he did while he was alive, and that's sadder than his actual death. Besides, if our generation has witnessed the death of a true musical genius, it was Wesley Willis.

#18 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Apr 12 2004, 03:23 PM)
Only bandwagon I jump on is the Vancouver Canucks. I hate hockey, but when they hit the playoffs, I m their number one fan.

That happens to me too!

I don't hate hockey, but i never pay attention. But when play-offs come around, you can't help but be swept up in the frenzy. Hearing everyone in the neighbourhood scream and shout when they score is great (i don't do that personally).

George was the only person of the ones you listed who i care for, but i don't find his demise tragic at all. He was old, he made enough good music, and he himself knew that "All Things Must Pass." He was at peace. He lives on in his music (and his family, i guess)... not a big deal. Lennon on the other hand... i'd say that was tragic.

This post has been edited by Reader: 12 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

the tu-pac mention reminded me of something kind of funny. a few years ago I was doing a brochure for a friend, and sent him to the store for some zip disks (removeable media.)

So he goes in the store and asks the guy about a double-pack, and the guy responds. From my friend it went like this:

"do you have Zip disks?"

"yeah"

"do you have a 'tu-pak?'"

"'shu-kerrr'" tongue.gif

#20 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

Wakka wakka.

#21 User is offline   A Mighty Pirate Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

I kicked Birdman's Ass.
Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism.

#22 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:16 PM

1.) It was inevitable that the music media would be pasting Kurt and Nirvana all over the place at this juncture, because Nirvana touched enough people/shifted enough units, and its a nice watermark.

2.) I quite like Nevermind, and some of the stuff on the earlier/later albums is just as good.

3.)I myself am relativly indifferent to the death. While he was a great musician, he was a man, and all men die. Hendrix, Lennon, indeed Tupac, all suffered from being dead, and still do. Doesn't really affect the music (save of course that they can't make any more) unless you let it.

4.) True to form, Top of the Pops 2 (Britains rehashing of ancient performances from the show of a similar name) just came on, and Nirvana came on. Just a tange of coincidence there, although I did see it coming...

(Apologies for nonsense, or lack thereof)
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size