Chefelf.com Night Life: Reasons to Hate Star Wars - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Reasons to Hate Star Wars About my articles.

#241 User is offline   GreviousMAKESmeSAD Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Chefelf..... WHEN IS THE OFFICIAL DATE????? YOU GOT ONE YET????

#242 User is offline   major_tom Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:48 PM

OK, I just discovered this site a few days ago, and I've been reading the 'Reasons to hate' for Eps I&II and laughing like a frigging drain. Some of the EpI ones in particular are hilarious. I registered here because I just noticed that the first batch of EpIII reasons are up, and I just wondered if chefelf had considered some of the particularly dunderheaded things about the opening space 'battle' (if you can call it that).

Firstly, when the Jedi are trapped in the ship's bridge with Grievous, A Republic cruiser fires on the cruiser they're in, causing it to crash on Coruscant. Why the hell would the Repulic ship do this? Surely they know that the damn Chancellor (the whole reason they're fighting, apparently) is on the damn ship and they're ENDANGERING HIS LIFE, AS WELL AS THOSE OF TWO JEDI KNIGHTS!. This is the equivalent of a group of secret service agents deciding to fire at a car that's being used to transport a recently-rescued President because no-one thought to tell them that the President's in it. Is it too much to expect a little communication during a rescue mission? How about letting the left hand know what the right one's doing? This is not the sort of behaviour one would expect from a galactic military power!

The other thing about the space battle which left me mighty pissed (apart from the fact that it was such a damp squib after so many idiots had been hyping it up) was the way Lucas tricks you into popping a boner by giving you a few glimpses of these huge ships firing at each other, and then squanders 90% of the precious space battle screen-time by showing the suspense-free, tension-free conflict between Obi-Wan's ship and some crappy little 'buzzdroids'. The exciting climax of this sequence is the fact that we get to see Anakin nudging the droids off Obi-Wan's ship, which is possibly the dullest use I can imagine for Lucas' CGI resources. What a gip.

I love the way the epIII batch of reasons is shaping up, chef - here's hoping they give me the hours (note:possible exaggeration) of enjoyment I got from their epI and epII predecessors!

p.s. I, too, wanted to smack each and every one of the idiots around me in the cinema who laughed when artoo set the two droids on fire. I'm still seething. Oh, and it was nice to see Chewbacca so skillfully and subtly inserted, too. It didn't feel in any way tacked-on or pointless, oh no.

#243 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

Okay, I'm closing this ancient thread and redirecting it to the new individual prequel movie forums:

78 Reasons to Hate: Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Official 78 Reasons to Hate Episode I Discussion Topic

64 Reasons to Hate: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
(Actually 82 Reasons)
Official 64 Reasons to Hate Episode II Discussion Topic

91 Reasons to Hate: Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Official 91 Reasons to Hate Episode III Discussion Topic

Thanks to everyone!

Closed. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked