• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

5DaS: The HL2 mod Someone want to make a 5DaS HL2 mod

#46 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

Yes, a lot ot people around here have already tried to develop something similar to a game. As far as I know, AGS is the most used engine. But as far as I know, nobody here has finished and published anything. Except Yahtzee himself, of course.

Talking about myself, I have my own amateur game development team, and I did some work (read it crap) with Blender 3D too. We're trying the Irrlicht Engine. We've got some ideas, but nothing is ready.

A while ago we formed a team with a couple guys and are developing a mmorpg using Torque Game Engine Advanced.

Torque, han? Quite professional, that's all I know. Do you have something to show? A screenshot, maybe?

#47 User is offline   Gekko Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Unfortunately our team is very small and we don't want to make a big show before it is certain the game will be finished. Yes, the game making has been pretty expensive so atleast that works as a motivator for us. Anyway, we have a webpage, but the team leader didn't want to publish it yet. I'll be more than happy if some Fully Ramblomatic visitors check our forums now and then after we have published the page.

#48 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:17 AM

I understand your position, but all I want to see are some 3d models, not the playable demo. But it's ok if you want to keep the professional silence.

#49 User is offline   Gekko Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

Well, I put together some models in blender as a work sample for the school I applied to.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Those are some sort of old WIP pictures. The lighting is wrong in those pictures, in the interior picture I forgot the window frames and in the barnhouse picture the stones are for some reason moved back to the origo point of the scene. The barnhouse has old texture for the roof and they don't have any game engine made effects such as lighting. I am currently on my laptop and I only had those old pictures here. I'll try to upload the better pictures tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Gekko: 23 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

#50 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

Your texturing is really good. Particulary on the first pic, the texture fit the floor and the furniture very well. With some more objects and the correct lighting, the perfect atmosphere can be made.

Is it 3ds or bsp?

#51 User is offline   Gekko Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

No, it is Blender 3D. I started my 3D career with Blender and I have liked it more than other programs. Blender is free and still very powerful tool in capable hands. I don't really know what extra features 3dsmax has compared blender.

EDIT: Oh, and the textures. I have taken lots of reference pictures and then made them to textures in Paint Shop Pro 8.

This post has been edited by Gekko: 23 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

#52 User is offline   Trilby Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:11 AM

If this stays true to the game, then i accept it... what about characters and voices?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size