Chefelf.com Night Life: what was the 1st video game you ever played - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

what was the 1st video game you ever played can you remember what the very first game was?

#46 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Digitaaliklosetti @ Feb 11 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man. I'm pretty sure the console was the Sega Master System. I'm not sure though. It was kind of squarish and bulky and had a fun feature I haven't seen in a console since; it had two ready made games INSIDE the console, that you could play if you turned the thing on without a cartridge stuck in. One was a shooting gallery type thingy, with various animals running about, that you had to shoot with the light pistol whatchamacallit and a motorcycle racing game.

So either one of those. I'm not sure which.

sounds like it was the Sega Master System, and the games you are referring to would be Hang-On and Safari Hunt. Its interesting that you note that these games were built-in, because some versions of the console did feature these titles built into the console, later versions did not. The consoles that have the games built-in are uncommon in American markets.

source: http://en.wikipedia....a_master_system

#47 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

I still have a Sega Master System 2 with Alex Kidd built in.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#48 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

in an arcade: space invaders
on a console: some empire strikes back game
on a IBMC PC: police quest
on an amiga PC: the killing game show (i think)
on a mac PC: beyond dark castle
hand held: oil panic or donkey kong or greenhouse or something...

i played something on an old apple IIe, and a micro bee, spome text driven adventure games...

#49 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:36 AM

The first game I recall playing was on a Hanimex cartridge system. Not sure if this was the name by which some larger brand went by, but it was certainly before the Atari 2600 because I do recall the envy when friends talked about it.

The first games on this system were both Pong (or a variation of it) and a motor cycle jump game where you had to build up speed, but the bike ran across three levels on the scree. It started at the top and then went off the sceeen to the right, reappreared on the left one level down and then continued until you hit the jump on the bottom (3rd) level. You never really crashed, it was more about how much speed you could build up and then thus how far you could jump. Ahh the old dot matrix games...
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#50 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 11 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny, my mum always begged me to let her play those games too. huh.gif I wonder if she needed to vent a bit...

Cheers for having a mum who enjoys computer gaming instead of condemning it. Lucky sod.

#51 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

I remember once my grandmother was looking after my brother and I when we were kids. We were playing Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 on our old Amiga 2000. I had just beat him (which lets face it, wasn't a major feat as he probably wasn't old enough to go to school at this stage) but he continued to claim that he won. We got into an argument, and Grandma got fed up and bet she could beat us both. So we instantly stopped fighting and told her to proove it. So, we loaded the 2 player mode up. She had the good joystick. I had the bad one, and to make matters even harder for myself I was playing with the drift correction knobs instead of the joystick itself. I finished the track, she ran out of time before the first checkpoint. I still remember that rather fondly.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 28 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#52 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Supes @ Feb 25 2007, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh the old dot matrix games...

dot matrix hasnt went away,..just improved considerably: Game Boy Advance

#53 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 15 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on a IBMC PC: police quest

Great game. laugh.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#54 User is offline   Lefty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

I fondly remember "Mr. Doo's Castle" in the arcades of the 1980s, where you played as a clown with a giant hammer (always a bad idea) running through castles, knocking blocks out of the floor that the enemies would fall in. I never really saw that again on any home-console, more's the pity.

Similarly, "Kanga" & "Pengo", when it comes to southern hemisphere animals starring in videogames..

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size