Chefelf.com Night Life: what was the 1st video game you ever played - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

what was the 1st video game you ever played can you remember what the very first game was?

#31 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

I think I've posted this before, but I think my first game was 'Oink!' for the Atari.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#32 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

Never heard of that before. I still have a huge box of Atari discs stored away.

First games I played:

Lemmings. I got bored of that to the end levels.
Buggy Boy, interesting.
Falcon. Boring after a while.
Summer Olympiad. I like the music.
Lotus racing game.

To me they are nothing much compared to Wolfenstein 3D.

#33 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

My first game is probably Sonic the Hedgehog for my SEGA Genesis, now residing dejectedly in the computer room. I played that game all the time, and still never seemed to improve. It is from my ineptitude in this game, and my ineptitude in everyday tasks, I received my childhood nickname. I recently got the whole series (including the incomprehensible Sonic Spinball) on PS2 disc, and must say it isn't so terribly hard as I remember it. But Sonic Spinball still makes no sense.

This post has been edited by TheOrator: 29 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

#34 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

I think my first game of any sort was a Lemmings sequal. Those were the days, when we had DOS on some computer in the parents' bedroom.

First video game was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Master System. Still got it hidden somewhere, those were the days.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#35 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Dan_N_GameZ @ Jan 28 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Golden Axe, baby. Ohhh, yeah. Played it on my old 286 IBM with a black & white monitor. Used to play it all the time with my brother, and we kicked arse.

ha ha ha,...that kicks ass,..my first game system was an atari 2600 i had hooked up to a 13 inch black & white tv......theres something interesting about playing games in black and white.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheOrator @ Jan 29 2007, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first game is probably Sonic the Hedgehog for my SEGA Genesis, now residing dejectedly in the computer room. I played that game all the time, and still never seemed to improve. It is from my ineptitude in this game, and my ineptitude in everyday tasks, I received my childhood nickname. I recently got the whole series (including the incomprehensible Sonic Spinball) on PS2 disc, and must say it isn't so terribly hard as I remember it. But Sonic Spinball still makes no sense.

ah, but you must remember that it was sonic who was the first to start this phenomenon. since sonic, every other imaginable cute, furry or loveable character has been rolling up into balls and bouncing around on the pinball board....such as mario, kirby, and pikachu,..just to name a few.

now,..if we could only get george lucas to make an ewok curl up into a pinball and bounce it around on a pinball board with yoda saying something like "tilt the board,..you must not"..and vader saying "most impressive"....when you do something radical

#36 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

I can vaguely remember that the first game I was ever aware of was Pong, must have been in the very early 80s. Got much better memories of my first C64 games though, the glorious Hunchback and Wizards Of War kinda stuff. Those were the days...

#37 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

by the way,..extra points to those of you that actually remember the "action max" video game system

biggrin.gif

#38 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

To be fair, Sonic Spinball had some really catchy tunes.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#39 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (blueoceans @ Feb 5 2007, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ha ha ha,...that kicks ass,..my first game system was an atari 2600 i had hooked up to a 13 inch black & white tv......theres something interesting about playing games in black and white.
laugh.gif

I remember playing Super Mario Brothers 2 on a 10cmx10cm black and white screen at a friends house, and playing old Amiga 500 games on a slightly larger black and green monitor at another friends house. Oh, the hard to see memories. The advantage of the black and white is that it was actually grayscale. The black and green only came in black and green.

QUOTE (varyssa @ Feb 9 2007, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can vaguely remember that the first game I was ever aware of was Pong, must have been in the very early 80s. Got much better memories of my first C64 games though, the glorious Hunchback and Wizards Of War kinda stuff. Those were the days...

I can remember as a child saying that I hate Wizards of War, but I can't remember why.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#40 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Feb 10 2007, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can remember as a child saying that I hate Wizards of War, but I can't remember why.

I actually didn't like it that much either, but I didn't mind biggrin.gif Maybe that was because I always had to play against my mom, she was absolutely crazy about that one...

#41 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Feb 10 2007, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember playing Super Mario Brothers 2 on a 10cmx10cm black and white screen at a friends house, and playing old Amiga 500 games on a slightly larger black and green monitor at another friends house. Oh, the hard to see memories. The advantage of the black and white is that it was actually grayscale. The black and green only came in black and green.

I remember playing educational games at grade school. I want to say it was an Apple Computer. The game went something like this: two race cars racing each other, you was one, the computer was the other car. you had to type random words such as "airplane" or "basketall" to make you car advance further down the side-scrolling track. if you mistyped a word, the computer threw another word at you for you to type, usually a much easier word than the one you goofed up on. meanwhile, the computer's car took a big leap ahead and left you in the digital dust as you tried to type away faster and faster to catch up to it.

sigh,...if only we could have been trained on "Typing of the Dead"...then im sure my typing skills today would be of such high caliber,..id probably be working as a court reporter for the U.S. Supreme Court.

and there was this other game in grade school. i dont remember it having any kind of educational benefit correlated to it, but it was damn fun. it was played a lot like Broderbund's "Hyperlode Runner"...but featured the main character as a chicken that climbed up and down a series of ladders,..i dont really remember what the chicken was trying to collect. Extra points to those that can provide me with a screen shot of the game im referring to.

by the way, Super Brothers 2 is an awesome game, but I love the Japanese version much better (Lost Levels)

#42 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:24 AM

Doom. It was 1994 when my dad let me play the new-fangled state-of-the-art game that had just been installed on our 486. My mom was not happy when she saw her 4 year old son happily sawing away at demonic creatures and liquidating zombies with a rocket launcher.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#43 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:47 AM

Funny, my mum always begged me to let her play those games too. huh.gif I wonder if she needed to vent a bit...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#44 User is offline   varyssa Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

Or it's just the way Kraut mums are biggrin.gif

#45 User is offline   Digitaaliklosetti Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

Oh man. I'm pretty sure the console was the Sega Master System. I'm not sure though. It was kind of squarish and bulky and had a fun feature I haven't seen in a console since; it had two ready made games INSIDE the console, that you could play if you turned the thing on without a cartridge stuck in. One was a shooting gallery type thingy, with various animals running about, that you had to shoot with the light pistol whatchamacallit and a motorcycle racing game.

So either one of those. I'm not sure which.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size