Chefelf.com Night Life: Connection between "Trilby's Notes" and "The White Chamber"...?? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Connection between "Trilby's Notes" and "The White Chamber"...??

#16 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:47 AM

Now why did I have the feeling that you'd say that?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#17 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

It was needed. Nocturnal Illusions was very, very, very frustrating though, forcing you to walk around and actively search for things to happen. Was glad to have finished it, to be able to put it behind me. I liked Run Away City much more, it had a super duper plot. Well not really, but it actually had a story arch and a good concept that wasn't fucked up in execution. Enough about Hentai, go back to talking about Hotels and White Chambers using the House on Haunted Hill (1954) gig.

#18 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Egfu @ Jan 16 2007, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoilers ahoy.

It would have been interesting to find out why you were there and why you had random visions, but there were so many loose end by the time that game was over, it felt like nothing was really resolved. The very first Sarah asked, "Why was I in that coffin?" was never answered.

And just what was the deal with the white chamber? So there's an artifact that they nab from space, like in 7DAS. And they keep it in a padded room with wires on it. Why, so it doesn't go berserk and hurt itself? And what it do? Apparently it possessed someone, but why on earth would an artifact from space want you to kill everyone you knew? When Arthur "activated" it, what exactly did that entail? And a never-ending cycle of damnation?! I could go on, but my question mark key would break.

I agree that the puzzles were kind of illogical, but it worked because the game kept mixing itself up illogically. I liked how whenever you think you've figured something out, reality shifts and you have a totally different scenario to work with. But if you were the last survivor on a space ship, wouldn't you be a little tempted to make yourself a companion out of random body parts too?

The above text is spoilers. It is now safe to turn off your computer.

EDIT: Why is the spoiler text visible against the background in my post but not Egfu's?

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck: 20 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

#19 User is offline   Egfu Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Everything nerdy. Excluding Star Trek and anime.

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Jan 21 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would have been interesting to find out why you were there and why you had random visions, but there were so many loose end by the time that game was over, it felt like nothing was really resolved. The very first Sarah asked, "Why was I in that coffin?" was never answered.

Because she's dead (possibly killed herself after the rest of the crew) and the entire game is actually a depiction of her afterlife. That's how I figured it, anyway.

And just what was the deal with the white chamber? So there's an artifact that they nab from space, like in 7DAS. And they keep it in a padded room with wires on it. Why, so it doesn't go berserk and hurt itself? And what it do? Apparently it possessed someone, but why on earth would an artifact from space want you to kill everyone you knew? When Arthur "activated" it, what exactly did that entail? And a never-ending cycle of damnation?! I could go on, but my question mark key would break.

Yeah, the artifact wasn't explained so well. I can only guess it had a mind of its own and wanted to wipe out everyone for the same reason aliens and evil supercomputers always do. In other words, beats me. But maybe it's good to have some unanswered questions sometimes.

As for the circle of damnation, it's the whole afterlife thingamabob.

But if you were the last survivor on a space ship, wouldn't you be a little tempted to make yourself a companion out of random body parts too?

Nah, I'd rather just paint a face on a volley ball. It's way less trouble.

And in retrospect, I'm pretty sure I was going to talk about something actually spoileriffic in my previous post, but I left it out for some reason.
"When I was five, my uncle was decapitated by a watermelon."

#20 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Egfu @ Jan 21 2007, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the artifact wasn't explained so well. I can only guess it had a mind of its own and wanted to wipe out everyone for the same reason aliens and evil supercomputers always do. In other words, beats me. But maybe it's good to have some unanswered questions sometimes.

To pick this up again. It's been a while since I played WC, but this is how I understand the artifact:

The artifact was kind of like the Sphere in the film "Sphere". It made the user some kind of god. So the girl you play killed all crew-members out of greed and used the artifact to kill the last one in the chamber. This guy however stumbled back and dies while in contact with the artifact. That triggers something, and the artifact "throws out" the girl and let the guy fulfill the last wish he had before being dead: revenge. Hence the words "Do you regret?" at the beginning.

#21 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

Watched Event Horizon there last night and gotta say, it looks like 6 Days A Stranger was highly influenced by it.
Also, it's been fucking AAAAAAGES since I visited or posted here. Kinda went to hell once ZP kicked in and Yahtz disappeared from here.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size