• « First
  • Last »

The Countdown Spoilers Center Spoilers only

#61 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

From the Bottom of Stairwell, go west thrice, north, then northwest twice.

#62 User is offline   Tnetalque Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

Thanks, I found it myself. I didn't search around that area, becuase I didn't think a kitchen located in a circular high-tech-lab-like hallway made much sense. Then again, the building was under heavy construction.

#63 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:12 PM

I have a sickly feeling that 6DAS does not resolve this issue, but rather fills a gap.

Personally I no longer have any idea on what 6DAS will be about.

After TN, I thought it would involve Somerset and what happen after the idol is destroyed and Chzo unleashed, but apparently the manor (mind) wasn't completly destroyed in 5DAS, so that's rather unlikely to happen.

Then, when I finished The Countdown 2, it became rather apparent that this red robbed guy, we've seen in the screenshot some months ago and in Countdown 2, will have a bigger role than what I expected in the next game. But considering he didn't rob the blade himself, I'm also unsure he'll be the protagonist of 6DAS.

The Countdown 3 will probably change my ideas about 6DAS again. All I can be sure of is that it will take place in the future, and involve the place we've visited in Countdown 2, but this time with more explorable areas, less room under construction, more pixels and more colors. But that's pretty much it. In fact. I'm not even sure it will offer a conclusion to the series. Somewhere some place, there is an universal rule that say every horror, slasher or creepy stories must end with a "And it was finally over... or was it?", and I fear it won't be any different with 6DAS.

This post has been edited by Blueskirt: 13 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

#64 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:12 AM

I really hope that you're not going to be right about that last point... I hate it when Steven King and all those other crappy horrorists do that. "Ohhh look, her hand's coming out of her grave again! Sequel, anyone? More popcorn? Merchandise? Boring repetition of the same slasher?"
Regarding this, I'm kinda happy that Mr. Yahtzee didn't make too much use of the Welder, but introduced another creepy villain and adds interesting story twists, so it still might actually work out just fine.

QUOTE (Blueskirt)
But considering he didn't rob the blade himself, I'm also unsure he'll be the protagonist of 6DAS.

Making a guy with supernatural powers and far too much knowledge the protagonist would kinda kill the whole atmosphere, I think, so I hope that he'll be just an ominous éminence grise character or something like that.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 14 January 2007 - 04:16 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#65 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

Well, I wasn't thinking about something as blatant as this. More like an unanswered question, a detail that is left unexplained, or a gray area that leave the door open for another sequel with the same or a different bunch of bad guys or something.

And you're right about that red robbed guy.

#66 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Jan 12 2007, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Find Freehorn's Blade. Put the knife on the pedestal. Take the blade. Et voilá.

I can't believe that's all it was. I knew I had the right idea, I tried switch, swap, replace, trade, exchange, interchange etc. Thankfully Chyld was online to help.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#67 User is offline   Remnant Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

I really hope that you're not going to be right about that last point... I hate it when Steven King and all those other crappy horrorists do that. "Ohhh look, her hand's coming out of her grave again! Sequel, anyone? More popcorn? Merchandise? Boring repetition of the same slasher?"

Gee, Halloween/Friday the 13th much?? (Elm Street doesn't even count, the guy was in people's dreams)

It definitely steals from the experience when the bad guy is shot, set on fire, blown up, ran over with a tank, shot, stabbed, injected, blown up again, thrown in a propeller, drowned, shot, electrocuted, shot, stabbed, shot and thrown off a very tall building to land in a truck of explosives that then detonate. If there's like... a sicko serial killer, there's some shred of "OMG no!" But if they get killed off in so many ridiculous ways, you have to start asking "Well why haven't they just wiped out humanity by now?" Makes it just a pain in the ass, 'cause no matter how many come upants they get served to 'em, they'll be back.

And back.

But I honestly prefer closure. I'll give Yahtzee a lot of credit - 1213 could have absolutely flopped in the last five minutes. Lesser storytellers would have flopped it. While it was really open-ended, it could have been a disaster. Three cheers for closure!

(Please?)

#68 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

*Cheer*

*Cheer*

*Cheer*

Now that that's done, I wonder will 6DAS be longer or shorter than previous episodes?
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#69 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (CJ Marren @ Jan 15 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that that's done, I wonder will 6DAS be longer or shorter than previous episodes?

7DAS was longer than 5DAS, and TN was longer than both. 6DAS will be the longest of them all. And, considering the time M0ds is taking to finish his part, looks like we gonna have high quality MP3 music in the game.

#70 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Really, I wish I could share your kind of optimism based on presumption and flawed deduction.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 15 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#71 User is offline   Tnetalque Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

Oh my, it seems I've joined the forum of horrible one-liners.

Anyway, I have no bloody idea what can happen with the next game. The red-robed man is obviously one of those masters of the universe from the Rob Blanc series, though. I mean, duh.

#72 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

Three cheers for closure!

Well, it always depend, it's case by case. Sometimes sequels are better than closure. Sometimes closure are better than sequels. No matter how much I wish they could stop making new Simpsons episodes and stop airing the latest crap episodes on the cartoons channels, I want to see new Futurama episodes. I want to see a sequel to Space Quest 6, I will always want to see sequel to the Hitman series, I'd like to see Ron Gilbert making a sequel to MI2, but I don't want a MI5, not after playing that crap Escape From Monkey Island game. I sure want more Indy adventure games, but when I see what that old fart of Lucas did with the Star Wars prequels, I'm unsure if I want to see another Indy movie. Definitivly case by case.

Would someone seriously get all "Hey oh! you said you wouldn't make anymore Days games, sold-out!" if that were to happen? wink.gif But quite frankly, considering 2006 was a rather Trilbyish year, I seriously hope it will ends at 6DaS, because I want to see something new, something as cool as GFW and 1213. Plus, more games in that series would make it feels forced.

When a story is well rounded, adding more chapters is impossible without breaking previously etablished rules and retconning shovelful of details (I look at you giant robot monkey of EMI!). In fact, I wondered why Trilby said in 7DaS to not attempt to destroy the idol unless they were sure they could completly destroy it, while in TN it was said destroying the body, mind and soul would create the bridge. If it felt a bit forced with TN, I don't want to imagine how it would be to add another chapter to that series which is quite complex already.

If Yahtzee feel like he's up to make something which is to TN-6DaS what TN was to 5-7DaS, then so be it, however, nothing also prevent him from starting a new creepy series from scratch which would be a better choice in my opinion.

And, considering the time M0ds is taking to finish his part, looks like we gonna have high quality MP3 music in the game.

This time I have no fears, I know it will rock and shatter my security blankets shell in 2 or 3 notes.

Oh my, it seems I've joined the forum of horrible one-liners.

No.

#73 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

Seconded.

#74 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 AM

Horrible one liners? No. Horrible posts in general? Quite a few. None by Gobbler, though.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#75 User is offline   MAX Acca Icon

• New Cop

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Interjecting a thought, I believe it's possible for 6DAS to encompass two seperate timelines.

For example, we could spend half the time following the adventures of Baldy the Red and spend the second half traversing whatever new playing field is opened up with Somerset in the farther future.

Likely? Damned if I know. Possible? Possibly.

Or maybe Baldy's a time-traveller. To that, I say no, for fuck's sake, please no.

This post has been edited by MAX Acca: 17 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size