Chefelf.com Night Life: Check this page out - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Check this page out Measures your fascism level :o

#31 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Dec 28 2006, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.1 I'm more of an airhead than Jane!

I think I only even went that high because I said people who commit sex crimes deserved much worse than simple imprisonment.

Which they do, the sick twisted bastards...

"Some people are born with an urge to jump from high places."
Personally, I define that more along the lines of, "Some people are naturally bolder and greater risk-takers than others." but that's just me. For all I know it could mean, "Some people are naturally self-destructive." It could even mean both.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#32 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:20 AM

I never said he wasn’t oppressive I said their were worst dictators then him throughout history.

If Hussein was oppressive, mentioning him in a conversation about oppression is quite relevant. However, you claim mentioning him here was irrelevant, which definately implies a claim that he was not oppressive. Therefore, you are attempting to minimize his reputation as an oppressive dictator.

I was quoting Vesuvius, obviously you have a mental or optical problem, It was clearly directed at him, please keep your noise out of our discussion.

Or are you the kind of person that goes into a Public Park and starts talking to people at random?
rolleyes.gif

Since you don't know the difference between the superlative and the comparative, I would hazard to guess you don't know what a forum is either. A park is a place to walk, and a forum is "a public meeting place for open discussion." I am engaging in open discussion. You are trying to gloss over the fact you made a baseless statement by attacking me. That doesn't cut it. You're wrong from beginning to end, while I have neither a "mental (n)or optical problem".

Also- smiley faces are not a form of communication. Where I grew up, we used words. A little drawing of a man rolling his eyes is not an argument, it is simply an admission of ignorance or an inability to interact with the verbal universe we call "Teh Intranets".
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#33 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:15 AM

A flamewar is starting to break out. Cool.
Where's my popcorn?

#34 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 29 2006, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was quoting Vesuvius, obviously you have a mental or optical problem, It was clearly directed at him, please keep your noise out of our discussion.

Sorry, but I'll have to agree with Cyzyk here. This is a public board, so he has the right to talk. Quite simply, he saw your comment before Vesuvius and took the liberty of answering for him in the interests of moving the discussion along. If Vesuvius disagreed, he could then flesh out his answer when he next came online. No harm done. What I am concerned about is the unneeded flaming. Accusing somebody of having a mental problem in a debate is about as mature as calling them an idiot-face or some such rot. Let's try to refrain from the personal insults.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#35 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Vesuvius @ Dec 29 2006, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Palpatine isn't a real person. I said his name because he's oppresive. So what if he doesn't exist. A good number of people come to these forums (myself included) to talk about Star Wars.

I mentioned Hussein because he was an oppresive dictator. Would it suit you best if I said Mao Tse Dong? Well, hey, I guess I have 999 more oppresive dictators to go.

I didn't name a thousand dictators worse than Hussein because that would take a lot of space on the forums and time on my part to type out.

Anything else?

So why didnt you mention Mao in the first place? Why did you, in comparison, mention a small time thug?
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#36 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (Icey @ Dec 29 2006, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting into Jyhads over extremely trivial things tongue.gif

Look who's talking... *reads through your signature again*... yeah, just look... laugh.gif

Edit: And you're still Icicle Boy FTW! pirate.gif

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 29 December 2006 - 05:14 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#37 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:49 AM

I just had to create this topic...

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 29 2006, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why didnt you mention Mao in the first place? Why did you, in comparison, mention a small time thug?

The heck you say about Hussein being a small time thug! Do you think that the slaughtering of ten thousands and creating an unbearable life for the rest is just some ridiculous little ploy, slightly bigger form of bullying people around?

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 29 December 2006 - 08:51 AM

#38 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 29 2006, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't mention Mao in the first place because oppresive dictators do not loftily float on my conscience. If you are enamored with Mao, then by all means, read his little red book.

As for the "small time thug" comment, look who's being put to death in just a few hours for it. Again, I mentioned Hussein because he was an oppresive dictator.

It's like naming actors. Jude Law, Robin Williams, Ewan Mcgregor. But then someone has a problem that I didn't name Brad Pitt. Big deal. They are all actors none the less.

Hence, the character (Palps) and people (Saddam, Kim, Hitler) that I named were all oppresive dictators. Fictional, famous, or not.

This post has been edited by Vesuvius: 29 December 2006 - 01:10 PM

#39 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

I left it there lovingly, Gobbler. Because we now have enough of backstory to get naked under a blanket and have montage flashbacks.

#40 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

Oh, so it's official now? wub.gif Lovely. wub.gif wub.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#41 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Awwwww...so can we declare you two the official forum slash "OTP"? tongue.gif

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#42 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

YES! biggrin.gif

#43 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

DELIGHT! laugh.gif

XD

#44 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

I got the same score as Jane, but possibly for different questions. Liberal airhead, I suppose. I think though the question didn't test enough variables, or test any of those variables enough.

Also knowing what it was measuring certainly biased it. For instance, the question about dividing people into categories of weak and strong is obviously NOT a simple comment on how you can create infinite dualities when comparing people, like tall and short, bald and hairy. The purpose of the question and the assumptions that will be drawn from your response are obvious. Given that the test will return a result based on those obvious assumptions, there's no point in trying to waffle after the fact.

As to the business of whether smilies ought to be allowed in online arguments, I don't see why not. This is teh intranet, and they're a part of the common discourse. Of course they're about as valid as banging one's shoe on the table, but that doesn't mean they should be banned. tongue.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#45 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Vesuvius @ Dec 30 2006, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't mention Mao in the first place because oppresive dictators do not loftily float on my conscience. If you are enamored with Mao, then by all means, read his little red book.

It was you who first mentioned Mao, not me. Pull your head out of your ass.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size