• +

Check this page out Measures your fascism level :o

#16 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Vesuvius @ Dec 28 2006, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Weeeelll, I'd say a 6 is great if you're Emporer Palpatine, Adolph Hitler, or Saddam Heusein. Hey, you might as well throw in a Kim Jong Ill while you're at it. But other than that, you can just chill out killing Jedi, Jews, oppresing innocents, and eating Doritos and Raisin Bran. biggrin.gif Two scoops!

I keep sitting in the 4.7 area.

I notice no similarities between Palpatine, Hitler, Ill or Hussein.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#17 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:43 AM

2.8, liberal airhead.

what is with that jumping-off-of-high-places question?!
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#18 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 28 2006, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I notice no similarities between Palpatine, Hitler, Ill or Hussein.

You don't see that they are all dictators? And oppresive no less?

Oh and with the "Jumping off high places" question... I guess people would do anything for a buck... if that's what they're implying.

This post has been edited by Vesuvius: 28 December 2006 - 02:49 AM

#19 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Vesuvius @ Dec 28 2006, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't see that they are all dictators? And oppresive no less?

Well first of all Palpatine isn’t even a real person. Second of all, if you want to talk about oppression why did you mention Hussein? There are about a thousand dictators worst then him throughout history.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#20 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:08 AM

Jus' cuz there's somebody wuss doesn't mean you're good, you know...

More to the point, a lot of these questions are really silly. For example-
"No sane, normal, decent person could ever think of hurting a close friend or relative."
They do it all the time. Physically and emotionally, we constantly make trouble for each other. Consider the Hedgehog's Dilemma, if you like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

"Some people are born with an urge to jump from high places."
Are we referring to suicidal tendancies or cliff divers here? There are quite a few of both.

"People can be divided into two distinct classes: the weak and the strong."
They absolutely can. They can also be divided by skin color, eye color, initials, and length of nose hair.

"It is best to use some prewar authorities in Germany to keep order and prevent chaos."
The dude who revolutionized the economy with new currency? Absolutely keep him around. The loonies who wanted to make the largest, most heavily armed air mail service in the world? Probably a bad idea. You cannot simultaneously condemn and support generalizations.

"The wild sex life of the old Greeks and Romans was tame compared to some of the goings-on in this country, even in places where people might least expect it."
Doesn't this depend on how wild you know the Greek and Roman sex life to be? At least the US kicked NAMBLA out.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#21 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Cyzyk @ Dec 28 2006, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jus' cuz there's somebody wuss doesn't mean you're good, you know...

Did I say that? No.

Was that question directed at you? No.
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:53 AM

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American. 3.633

#23 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 28 2006, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did I say that? No.

Was that question directed at you? No.

I think you picked the wrong person to disagree with.

"Second of all, if you want to talk about oppression why did you mention Hussein? There are about a thousand dictators worst then him throughout history."
Assuming you meant "worse", rather than the superlative since you're only talking about two things (Hussein and the thousand other dictators), you are claiming there is an irrelevance and insignificance to Hussein's oppression. So yes, you did say that since there are worse dictators, we can gloss over Hussein's particular brand of oppression.

Did you say that? Yes.

Was that question directed at you? It had no name attached, and was posted on a public forum. Due to the meaning of the word "public", I assume all non-personal material is open to discussion for all. Therefore, if a statement is not delineated as regarding a single person, it must be directed at all of us who read it, me included.

As a result, was that question directed at me? Yes.

#24 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:42 PM

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#25 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

Why, do you view Teh Intranets as your psuedo-intellectual stomping ground as well?

#26 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:29 PM

Heh, apparently you haven't seen what Herr Gobbler is capable of.

#27 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:34 PM

Neither have I. wacko.gif Care to enlighten me? tongue.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#28 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

Getting into Jyhads over extremely trivial things tongue.gif

#29 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Cyzyk @ Dec 29 2006, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you picked the wrong person to disagree with.

ohmy.gif OH NO! NOT YOU!

"Second of all, if you want to talk about oppression why did you mention Hussein? There are about a thousand dictators worst then him throughout history."
Assuming you meant "worse", rather than the superlative since you're only talking about two things (Hussein and the thousand other dictators), you are claiming there is an irrelevance and insignificance to Hussein's oppression. So yes, you did say that since there are worse dictators, we can gloss over Hussein's particular brand of oppression.

I never said he wasn’t oppressive I said their were worst dictators then him throughout history.

Did you say that? Yes.

rolleyes.gif

Was that question directed at you? It had no name attached, and was posted on a public forum. Due to the meaning of the word "public", I assume all non-personal material is open to discussion for all. Therefore, if a statement is not delineated as regarding a single person, it must be directed at all of us who read it, me included.

I was quoting Vesuvius, obviously you have a mental or optical problem, It was clearly directed at him, please keep your noise out of our discussion.

Or are you the kind of person that goes into a Public Park and starts talking to people at random?

As a result, was that question directed at me? Yes.

rolleyes.gif
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#30 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 28 2006, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well first of all Palpatine isn’t even a real person. Second of all, if you want to talk about oppression why did you mention Hussein? There are about a thousand dictators worst then him throughout history.

I know Palpatine isn't a real person. I said his name because he's oppresive. So what if he doesn't exist. A good number of people come to these forums (myself included) to talk about Star Wars.

I mentioned Hussein because he was an oppresive dictator. Would it suit you best if I said Mao Tse Dong? Well, hey, I guess I have 999 more oppresive dictators to go.

I didn't name a thousand dictators worse than Hussein because that would take a lot of space on the forums and time on my part to type out.

Anything else?

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size