Chefelf.com Night Life: Merry Christmas Ben! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Merry Christmas Ben! And a Happy New Year!

#46 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Dan_N_GameZ @ Dec 28 2006, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, it would be better to watch that instead of seeing the same American crappy sentimentalist movies I saw when I was a kid, in the nineties...

I agree. During the 90s, if American Newsgroups weren’t shoving crap down our throats about Evil Dictators from Africa, the Middle-East or Balkavia, they were trying to get us all to have respect for our fellow man.

What ever happened to 80s Movies? Where is "Scareface"? Where is "Ghostbusters"? Where is "Back to the Future"? Where is "Rambo"? Where is "The Terminator"? Where is "The Thing"? Where is "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?

Its like the Movie industry died when it reached the 90s, now we are grateful when a mediocre movie like "Matrix", "Pulp Fiction" or "Saving Private Ryan".

I’m not saying there haven’t been any good films in the 90s, but they are too few and far in between.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#47 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 28 2006, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What ever happened to 80s Movies? Where is "Scareface"?

I assume Mr. Gorbachev is well biggrin.gif
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#48 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 28 2006, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...mediocre movie like (...) "Pulp Fiction" (...).

Hey! Don't you dare to use the words mediocre and Pulp Fiction in the same sentence, mister! angry.gif

#49 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Indeed, you have a poor selection of 'mediocre movies' there.

#50 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

I wouldn't poke fun at the movie industry, not while the music industry still allows the likes of just about about every mainstream artist to continue releasing records.

#51 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Dec 29 2006, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't poke fun at the movie industry, not while the music industry still allows the likes of just about about every mainstream artist to continue releasing records.

Your right, the Music Industry blows ass too.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#52 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Dec 29 2006, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your right, the Music Industry blows ass too.

Heh, sounds like fun.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#53 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:31 AM

The problem is, as the Big Y told us at least once a week back in the day, that there are too many 8-12 year old girls buying music these days. 8-12 year olds do not as a rule have good taste (after scientific studies known as "having my little brother walking around singing along badly to Eminem" have proved), and so they buy rubbish in evidently huge quantities. Big overpaid record companies think that this is what people with taste actually want, and put out more of it.

To be fair, though, many people have very bad taste. Even me!

This isn't helped, on a final note, by people with taste being clever enough to download their music.

I'm Chyld, I'm very pretentious, thanks for listening.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#54 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

Then I shall campaign to make it illegal for anyone under the age of 12 to buy music. Anyone buying music for the under 12s, is to be killed brutality on live TV. This will be warn others who are considering it.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 29 December 2006 - 12:58 PM

#55 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

Great idea!
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#56 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Dec 29 2006, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I shall campaign to make it illegal for anyone under the age of 12 to buy music. Anyone buying music for the under 12s, is to be killed brutality on live TV. This will be warn others who are considering it.

And the child consumers? They are punished too, aren't they?

#57 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Nostaw @ Dec 30 2006, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the child consumers? They are punished too, aren't they?

Yes, they are forced to listent to decent music over and over again. Even looking at a poster for shitty music is an offence for them.

#58 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Dec 30 2006, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're my kind of Tryant!
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#59 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:55 AM

Right, first of all, PULP FICTION WAS DAMN GOOD.

Secondly, yeah, kids mustn't be ANYWHERE NEAR music. Maybe we should raise the limit to 15. 'Cos 12-14-year-olds can also be easily manipulated.

And, although Matrix is my favorite movie, it kida sucked, due to Keanu "Excellent, I sound and look like I'm high" Reeves, and all the cheesy action, not to mention Hollywood's "love will prevail" trademark.

Dr. Lecter, if Yahtzee didn't exist, I'd vote for you.
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#60 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Dan_N_GameZ @ Dec 30 2006, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, yeah, kids mustn't be ANYWHERE NEAR music. Maybe we should raise the limit to 15. 'Cos 12-14-year-olds can also be easily manipulated.

Right, that would put everything back into order now, wouldn't it. dry.gif

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size