Chefelf.com Night Life: Merry Christmas Ben! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Merry Christmas Ben! And a Happy New Year!

#31 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

And which time zone would the depths of the iron dream be located in?
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#32 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Nostaw @ Dec 26 2006, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, stop it. Is it really necessary for me to remember you that christmas is over?

Ever heard of the 12 Days of Christmas? Yeah. According to my calendar, we've got 11 days. So there.

#33 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

Not nessersarily. The essense of any good thread is that it should never be on the same topic by the third page. A universal truth, wonderful for aggrevating housemates. What relevance this has I'm not sure. more beer is nessersary.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#34 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:01 AM

Well, in that case...

* Turns a few pages in the dictionary. *

What about those truffles, eh?
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#35 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:20 AM

...and that chronically misplaced post of mine is why I shouldn't drink and post. Could be worse, there's some horrifying examples on the old forums.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#36 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Dec 25 2006, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any fool that goes around with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

Tis the season to be jolly I guess. During Christmas millions of people celebrate the holiday by bringing major fire hazards into their homes. I am slightly irritated.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#37 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

Since it seems appropriate to post this in this thread, I would like to disagree Yahtzee on today's (27th Dec) update. Romania (my country) has kids' shows with people dressed up funny, but we still are miserable.

But then again, we're ex-communists, so maybe we don't matter...

This post has been edited by Dan_N_GameZ: 27 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

My Last.FM profile.

#38 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:32 AM

So are we, and we're pissed off as well. Perhaps because there are still people who wanted to hold a demonstration in front of the parliament on Holy Night (thank god no one really wanted to join them). Fucking up the anniversary of the revolution was apparently not enough for them. angry.gif
But I digress.
Despite the contrast you've presented, the aforementioned theory seems quite plausible. More than that, if you think about it, this actually strengthens it: unhappy people tend to party hard when they have the chance, so that they're able to convince themselves that they're happy NOW.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 27 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

#39 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (arien @ Dec 26 2006, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever heard of the 12 Days of Christmas?

Honestly, no.

#40 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

I think there was a song about it... and it included presents...

My Last.FM profile.

#41 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

I understand the execution of the Ceauşescues is shown on Romanian television every Christmas. Didja watch it this year? biggrin.gif

#42 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Dec 28 2006, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand the execution of the Ceauşescues is shown on Romanian television every Christmas. Didja watch it this year? biggrin.gif

That must get very repetitive, but then again their former commies and are happy just to have a television.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#43 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

Heh. I'm posting this with my shiny new wii.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#44 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Dec 27 2006, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand the execution of the Ceau?escues is shown on Romanian television every Christmas. Didja watch it this year? biggrin.gif

It's Ceau?escu.

And no, I haven't.

The first time was fun, but now, it's gotten old.

But then again, I didn't know it WAS on...

That must get very repetitive, but then again their former commies and are happy just to have a television.

We've had television since the 50s. Although it was commie television.

Anyway, it would be better to watch that instead of seeing the same American crappy sentimentalist movies I saw when I was a kid, in the nineties...

PS: Why is my post the only one which is NOT showing the letter ? ?

This post has been edited by Dan_N_GameZ: 28 December 2006 - 07:39 AM

My Last.FM profile.

#45 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:41 AM

Not enough mad ninja skills, dude. That ş-stuff is only for professionals.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size