Chefelf.com Night Life: if you made your own video game-what would it be like? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

if you made your own video game-what would it be like? tell us what your game would include

#1 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

we all play video games, but if you could make your very own video game, what would it be like?
would it be a fps, rpg, action, sports, puzzle...maybe a mixture of some or all of these elements?..or maybe something so off the wall bizarre..that its never been thought of before....please tell as much as possible so we can get an idea.

my idea for a game would be 1-4 players,.but you could also go online and compete or co-op with other players as well. in my game, you could choose to travel pretty much anywhere you wanted to go,.that is,.the game play is non-linear ala grand theft auto styled play. you could travel into the real world, or fantasy-type areas & worlds. so, for example, if you wanted to travel to carmicheal, california,.or parsippany, new jersey,..you could do it,..it would be like actually being there,..you could walk into any store,.any home,.any business,..just like real life,..only much more liberal.

you could also fly jets, ride motorcyles, cars,.trains..any vehicle you could think of,.even hovercars,..flying cars,..starships...you would have to steal what ever you wanted,..so for example,.if you wanted a space shuttle,..you would have to break into NASA's complex,. and get it yourself.

now, at this point,.youre probably asking,..whats the point of the game? thats what you would decide..you would pre-determine,.exactly what you wanted to do,.and how you are going to try to do it in the game's menu options...so for example...if you wanted to rob 16 banks in four different states,..in one week,..without being caught or seen,...you could do it,....if you wanted to blow up 80 buildings,..in 10 different cities,..you could do that too

at the games start menu,..you choose if you want to be good or bad,..or you can leave it at a default,.and the game is played like fable & kotor...where your actions determine if your bad or good.

you can also time-travel to any point in the past or future as well,..if you want to go back to the jurassic period,..you could do it,..if want to witness jesus' birth,..you could do that too,..or if you wanted to travel back in time to help out jesse james,..or butch cassidy,..its all there,..medieval europe,..feudal japan...you bet.

basically..its a game where you would determine,.what you want to do,..where you want to do,.how you want to do,..time limits,.or no time limits,..all the games perimeters are at your control...easy as cheese,..hard as living hell....up to you

the only thing i havent thought of..is the obvious...what type of damn medium is all this data going to fit on,...i dont know,...blu-ray? doubtful....but then again....if some of atari's developers in 1978 saw the types of games we have now,..back then...they would be in awe as well.

#2 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

I find this hard to answer. Most of the time, when playing a game, the most important thing (apart from a good interface) to me is story and characterisation. As such, I'd want a game that has interesting characters and a gripping plot, that is easy for me to control/navigate. As such, I don't much care about the genre. I find RPG's tend to do this better then most games (see KotOR or Planescape: Torment), but adventure games can also do this quite well, as do other genreless games such as Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US).
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#3 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

Hmm...

Believe it or not, I actually started writing a design doc for it...

But then I got on with my real projects and left it for dead.
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#4 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

This question is amazingly broad. I have a bunch of ideas for games, but none of them have gotten off of the ground yet, and I don't want to share them.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:20 AM

No ideas, computer games suck anyways as of recently, since life's been getting more and more interesting and filled with friends for me.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Jan 31 2007, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No ideas, computer games suck anyways as of recently, since life's been getting more and more interesting and filled with friends for me.

thats when you invite your friends over for a very interesting session of video game play. nothing is better than a trash-talking session while playing your favorite multi-player game to see who's the best.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

Robots making robots. Whammie, and Pad Me, and flying artoo too.

Not really my idea though.

#8 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (blueoceans @ Jan 31 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats when you invite your friends over for a very interesting session of video game play. nothing is better than a trash-talking session while playing your favorite multi-player game to see who's the best.

That goes for console systems, but not computers, in my opinion. They're usually not designed for two people playing one game against each other on the same machine, so there ain't much fun in that.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

medieval version of GTA (online multiplayer)

#10 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

So you want to steal other people's swords and horses for chickens you can barter with for chainmail armor so you can kill more of the King's milita all day long?

#11 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:42 AM

Sounds like you hit a gold vein there. biggrin.gif

(Is that even the right English phrase? I remember something about 'striking a rich vein' and something with paydirt in it... grargh, I should have done my English homework...)

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 19 February 2007 - 02:47 AM

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 18 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you want to steal other people's swords and horses for chickens you can barter with for chainmail armor so you can kill more of the King's milita all day long?

yep... that's about the size of it.

until i eventually own the land.

#13 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

I'm pondering over a game idea right now. Rar! More news as it develops if I ever get it off of the ground. tongue.gif

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

So may as well just forget about it then?

tongue.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:44 AM

Erm... Most likely...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size