• Last »

6DAS discussion and help For yakking about the new release

#76 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Phatman @ Feb 1 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason the most idiotically simple looking puzzle is confounding me.

The section at the end of the *SPOILER* 6th day when you're just lying there, I can't seem to make anything happen. I checked the walkthrough which said 'touch the tarpaulin three times' - And nothing happens. Is this a bug or something? Or am I just being a fool? blush.gif

I guess with lying you mean lying in there in the darkness, right?

Just interact with the darkness a few times.

#77 User is offline   Phatman Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:10 AM

I've tried touching the darkness countless times and nothing happens. Maybe I'll try some other combinations...?

Ediy: Okay, I reloaded and tried again. It worked this time.

Good ending!

This post has been edited by Phatman: 01 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

#78 User is offline   Don Andy Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Phatman @ Feb 1 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried touching the darkness countless times and nothing happens. Maybe I'll try some other combinations...?

I can't validate that now, as I don't have the game here, but as far is I remember you just have to push against the darkness a few times.

If all fails, look at everything that's there, including yourself, and then try again.

#79 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see this page before. And what you have to do is wait until the shaking of the screen and the humming sound stops.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 01 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

#80 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:51 PM

You then need tyo leave the dungeon.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#81 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

And press the red button, not - I repeat - NOT the green one!

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#82 User is offline   Plumberduck Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Gobbler is lying; he just doesn't want you to unlock the secret ending by pressing the green button, then the red button, then talking to the robot.

#83 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

There's a robot!? blink.gif Waah, I missed something! crying.gif

*runs off*

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#84 User is offline   Centurion Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

First bugs and stranges. These i just quote because i missed their illogicality)))

QUOTE (fornax @ Jan 25 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(where did Janine get the weapons anyway? I missed that.)

QUOTE (fornax @ Jan 25 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the future with all the money the Order is spending on the joint surely they can afford a circuit breaker circa 2007. Or the future equivalent.
They have a 'privacy shield' force-field for Chzo's sake!

QUOTE (fornax @ Jan 25 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But what the heck do the characters eat!? What do they drink?!? Anybody seen a cafeteria around here?! Oh, yeah. The kitchen with the LOCKED fridge. Guess it's lucky for them each day is only minutes long, or they'd starve.

When you control Malcolm, or the guy in red, or the new prince, you still get the "My mother used to say I had pianist's hands." when you look at the hand icon.

A bug on day 5, when going down the long staircase, I have no idea if it's normal, but at some point I got mysteriously brought back at the top of the room. I've been to replicate this bug twice, in different staircases it seems, but I have no idea how I did it. Twice it was after the first flashback and in the stairs on the right of the screen.

I have staircase bug too...

However, he had SEX! omg if i ever fall from an elevator shaft and have sex a couple of days after i'll probably be some kind of god

. After Trilby forces the door of the lab open, it remains forced open in the hallway, but if you enter the lab, the door is closed.

It's said nowhere you can inspect items rightclicking in inventory, and since interface changes much from game to game it was only place i had to read solution.

I wanted more from game. What maked them perfect was troughfull storylines, and unpredictable. Playing this game i was sure - there will be rivers of blood, there will be day-divided playing, each day ended with something have to make me astonished. I was surprised only by controlling another character, everyone died in final, and fact i become a killer, maker of my own destiny))

Reading this topic i come with understanding this game isn't kinda a linear, there is probably another ending.

Yes. What you have to do is kill two Trilbies off, then take the last one back to the kitchen. Pray on the cushion and Somerset will give you the blade. Go to the room where Sam is and kill Trilby, then use his life force on her. Once you've done that, she'll get to work on cloning more Trilbies for you, so you can go back and get some any time you need to.

I didn't prayed anyone and still get enough clones to finish

When attempting to talk to Janine in the kitchen, immediately after getting the religious page off the refrigerator, while still standing there, I clicked talk on her and Theo spun around about four times, finally faced the fridge and then talked to her.

Religious page in refrigerator???????

And press the red button, not - I repeat - NOT the green one!

Whitch button ??? If that's about bomb machine, i found it broken without some cables, and i just exit after so it blasted....

#85 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Centurion @ Feb 3 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's said nowhere you can inspect items rightclicking in inventory, and since interface changes much from game to game it was only place i had to read solution.

Yes it is, it's written there in the inventory window.
QUOTE (Centurion @ Feb 3 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't prayed anyone and still get enough clones to finish
Religious page in refrigerator???????
Whitch button ??? If that's about bomb machine, i found it broken without some cables, and i just exit after so it blasted....

They were pulling your leg. Christ.

#86 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Haha, after staying up 'til 5am to get the newly released 6DAS, I never got around to playing it 'til this evening, and I finished it in one sitting.

Good game, but sadly didn't have the impact of the first three games - it couldn't, really. Was still fun though, and kinda scary in a few places.

Meh I've nothing to add that hasn't been said (and I've had to stay away from these forums since the game release in order to avoid spoilers!) so cheers Yahtzee! Nice work again!
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

#87 User is offline   CrazyImage Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Crashie @ Jan 25 2007, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just finished it, simply amazing. Great work.

i played and finished it and it was alot of fun. it does remind me of this book I read back in the day.

#88 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:30 AM

Which reminds me. Yahtzee, I sort of remember you mentioning that Trilby is the result of one of your earlier novel attempts. Is there a slight chance that you might novelise the series, now that it has a much stronger plot, and you've grown in wisdom as well? wink.gif

#89 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

Don't you think Yahtzee is a bit too young to goes all George Lucas on his creations? wink.gif

"Trilby shot first!"

#90 User is offline   arien Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Feb 9 2007, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which reminds me. Yahtzee, I sort of remember you mentioning that Trilby is the result of one of your earlier novel attempts. Is there a slight chance that you might novelise the series, now that it has a much stronger plot, and you've grown in wisdom as well? wink.gif

See, I was hoping he'd release that novel for $5 (like the SEs or something like that) so we'd get a chance to read it.

Basically, because I really, really want to read it.

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size