• (2 Pages)
  • +

TV & Movie Drinking Tuesday, December 12, 2006

#16 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:26 AM

Bailey's is great. Kind of expensive here in Canada, though, for a small bottle even! But it's so tasty when you drink it with chocolate. Mmm!

And I love sake, but I've only tried that heated kind? It was great, but it got me kinda tipsy... wink.gif

I never really paid attention to how actors drink in films though, I think I'll keep an eye out. smile.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#17 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:12 AM

Nah, I wouldn't call Kahlua "hard liquor." I was just being silly.

I love mixing Kahlua with vanilla ice cream! Put it in a blender and make it real smooth. Really good stuff. Or just pour it in your morning coffee. No one has to know.... rolleyes.gif happy.gif

As for sake, I'll only drink it warm/hot. That's the best way to have it. (If you like it, that is) And when it's warm, it works about three times faster at getting you tipsy.

But I don't really drink to get drunk. I do know my limits.

This post has been edited by Vesuvius: 16 December 2006 - 02:13 AM

#18 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Dec 12 2006, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and finally last night while watching a god awful Lifetime Christmas movie where a bride can't get to a wedding and she finally gets a ride with a biker gang and then some Vietnam veterans fly her to the church during a blizzard

No offence, but you deserve any irritation you receive from watching such a program.

QUOTE (yukai_ondori @ Dec 12 2006, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd see the same behavior in a Japanese restaurant that I would go to. Some new guy acts hard as nails and tries to down a cup of sake. Yes, it's strong, but it's not as strong as everyone plays it out to be. And the cup is only big enough to hold an ounce, maybe a bit more, and the guy gasps, throws it all back, beats on the table, his friends laugh, and he doesn't even finish the bottle.

When I drink it, I never get that reaction. I too can "throw it back" and I just swallow it. Nothing big. Maybe I'm not drinking the good sake.

Sake is wonderful. The only time a drink warrents a scrunched up face is if you happen to get the worm in the bottom of Mescele tequila, and you accidentally bite into it. The popping sensation is really revolting and there's no shame in crying afterward.

#19 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Dec 16 2006, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I love sake, but I've only tried that heated kind? It was great, but it got me kinda tipsy... wink.gif

your always meant to heat it up. huh.gif

#20 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:52 AM

Sake I rather enjoy, have to go to a vietnamese restaurant to buy the stuff though.

As for the liquer faces, I coughed a bit after my first sips of sambuca, and Goldschlager or Yukon Jack (Both around 100 proof) will still get me if I take too big of a sip.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Dec 21 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your always meant to heat it up. huh.gif

Not always. Depends partially on the preference of the drinker and partially on the variety (red wine vs. white wine).

I've had some good and nasty versions of each. I have cringed from sake but it had nothing to do with the alcohol contend and everything to do with the nastiness factor (well over 100 proof of nastiness).
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#22 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

I haven't seen hosts that formally exaggerate the taste of drinks on television yet. I'll consider that an advert for those pretending about what their taste buds taste and just fall asleep. I like chocolate liquors instead.

I don’t need anybody to pull faces at me just to get a clue of what they taste. Some foods or drinks I can accurately imagine the taste by looking at the colour.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size