Chefelf.com Night Life: Return of the Jedi: Special Edition - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Return of the Jedi: Special Edition The Review is Here...

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

I almost forgot. It's Monday, and it's here:

The Nitpicker's Guide to Return of the Jedi Special Edition

Enjoy. biggrin.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:54 AM

Woot! This is gonna be good! biggrin.gif

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:08 PM

Just read it. Great Job, Nate. laugh.gif

#4 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

Ah, good... I was hoping this would be posted before I had to go home for the day.

My favourite quotes this time:

Here's a thought. If they wanted Boba Fett to be more kickass, instead of adding a scene to show him being playful with some ladies, how about removing the scene where he dies because a blind Han Solo accidentally bumped into him?

We get to see Tatooine, which never fell under the direct jurisdiction of the Republic or the Empire, celebrate with great joy. It must be very rewarding for them to know that there will now be another new government that will ignore it and allow its human slavery trade to continue, unhindered by meddling politicians and their silly laws.

Great work as always, Chefelf...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#5 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

I'm most fond of the insignificant stuff. The Han Solo changes on the Sailbarge are really, really weird. (Nitpicks 10 and 11.) Would love to hear an official statement on those matters. "Remember kids, don't fire your gun at your friends leg if you're blind." Well duh...
Nice going Chef!

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

That was great! You really did do a good job of tearing ROTJ apart. I kinda wonder how it would have been to have had a GOOD finale... or a grand total of 9 good Star Wars movies. That would have been really sweet.

Unfortunately, we'll never get that little dream of ours... sad.gif

#7 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

Thank you, Chef! You have made my week!!! smile.gif
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#8 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

-The scene begins to jump from coutnry to country as people from the US, Australia, Europe, and even the nearly unknown desert outpost of Canada, begin to celebrate the fall of George Lucas. Even countries where people have never been to this forum or seen starwars for some reason are inclined to celbrate the completion of Chefelf's nitpicks. In Leosotho (a small country completely surrounded by South Africa) native Leosothonians tear down a statue of George Lucas for no reason, and all is well in the world-

Great job Chefelf!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#9 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

That's good stuff, Nate.

I think they actually added some CGI blood to Chewbacca's leg when Luke is going all kick-ass on Jabba's thugs.

I'm starting to wonder if Hayden Christensen was too stupid to realize that he was going to piss off fans by taking Sebastian Shaw's place as the ghost of Anakin, or if he's just too damn greedy to care. GL tells him the idea and HC goes "Hot damn, another few million in my pocket! Screw the fans, bring on this new scene and my new paycheck, baby!"

Gone is the warm smile of Sebastian Shaw, and in its place is the creepy, cross eyed glare of Hayden. Damn him.

The only thing scarier than Hayden's presence is the fact that I actually met a person who thought Sebastian Shaw's original ghost was "too creepy" and prefers Hayden's ghost. The Dark Side is taking over! Or maybe that one guy is just an idiot.

ROTJ always was the weakest of the original 3, but do you think that's because of director Richard Marquand (1938-1987) or George Lucas?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:19 AM

I think they're both to blame. George Lucas is mainly at fault for creating the unimaginative story in the first place but if Marquand had been a more creative director, it could have made it a little better than it was.

And yes, Hayden Christensen should have realised it was morally wrong to agree to replace Sebastian Shaw. He should have said no. And the guy who thinks it's an improvement is just an idiot.

Anyway, good work, Chefelf! I enjoyed that a lot and it's good to see this last part completed.

Also, I was very flattered to see you used my "A long time ago, in the early 1980s" quote. Great stuff.

With the rope around Han Solo's leg, I seem to remember some rope in the original version ~ but it was just some loose ends draping over his ankles. I don't know. I'd have to see the DVD...

wait a minute. No, I don't have to see the DVD because you've seen it for me. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for going through that for us, Nate.

And everyone else. I hope you appreciate what Chefelf did. He watched the Star Wars DVDs so we didn't have to.

Thanks mate. thumbsup.gif

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jan 18 2005, 12:19 AM)
And everyone else.  I hope you appreciate what Chefelf did.  He watched the Star Wars DVDs so we didn't have to.

That's so true. Way to take one for the team.

Show of hands here? I won't be watching the dvd's.

#12 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jan 17 2005, 10:19 PM)
I think they're both to blame.  George Lucas is mainly at fault for creating the unimaginative story in the first place but if Marquand had been a more creative director, it could have made it a little better than it was.

I've read that the working relationship between Lucas and Marquand was very, very bad. Perhaps Marquand was trying to be creative but Lucas was strangling his creativity.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:25 AM

Okay. Well, I'll let Marquand off the hook then. The poor guy's no longer alive so I'll let the man rest in peace. Lucas however, is fair game.

#14 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:39 AM

I saw a little of "Empire Strikes Back" SE in a department store, and the "clean-up" job on it made Yoda look so bad... I mean so plasticky and fake. It just didn't look right. It isn't how I remember it.

Will not buy it. Will not watch it now. Disgusting.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#15 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Jan 17 2005, 11:42 PM)
I'm starting to wonder if Hayden Christensen was too stupid to realize that he was going to piss off fans by taking Sebastian Shaw's place as the ghost of Anakin, or if he's just too damn greedy to care. GL tells him the idea and HC goes "Hot damn, another few million in my pocket! Screw the fans, bring on this new scene and my new paycheck, baby!"

You can't really blame HC. He signed a contract. It's not like he could say "No, I will not do it, I don't agree with your artistic vision." He has to do it. If he'd refused there would be someone else playing Anakin in Episode III.

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jan 18 2005, 12:19 AM)
wait a minute.  No, I don't have to see the DVD because you've seen it for me.  rolleyes.gif

Thank you for going through that for us, Nate.

And everyone else.  I hope you appreciate what Chefelf did.  He watched the Star Wars DVDs so we didn't have to.

Thanks guys. I do what I can. smile.gif Funny, civilian_number_two bought them and had them shipped to me without even seeing them. I'm sure he appreciates it most of all. smile.gif

Who's telling where it will stop. The Ewok movies, Episode III, this could go on forever!

Thanks to everyone for the continued support and appreciation. Hopefully everyone can at least have a little chuckle at the lists, bashers and gushers alike. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size