Chefelf.com Night Life: Star Wars Trivia -Super Bonus Question!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Star Wars Trivia -Super Bonus Question!!!

#76 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

Yeah civ I agree with basically everything you said, BttF is great. One thing still bothers me about it though. The fact that they know the exact second the lightning will strike because on a pamphlet it says 10:00 or something. That could mean 10:00:30, or any time between 10 and 10:01. I had to suspend disbelief that it meant at exactly 10, and that none of the characters brought this up, but it doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the picture. I mean I know you have to suspend disbelief for the whole premise, but inside the premise I thought that was a bit hard to believe. And yeah, the obviously with a sequel to a time travel movie there will be plot holes (T2 and T3, while good movies, just get a bit ridiculous with the time travel, just go back and kill his mother as an infant or something!), but you're right, they're still fun and enjoyable.

I think Memento is better than just boldness. The fact that everything fits together so perfectly, that in every scene it is truly like you are experiencing what he is. The fact that in the last scene, the second Leonard gets the revelation is the second you do, that you could not have guessed it, is really great filmmaking. The very end is also perfect. And even if it's not the best detective flick without the gimmick, I'd certainly say it's a respectable choice. Not to mention that if it's a film class book it probably does want a movie that is fairly recognizeable to the people taking the class.

I'm surprised Pulp Fiction isn't on there, although I'm not sure exactly what genre that would be, because that too, in my opinion, is just perfect filmmaking and a perfect script.

#77 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 03:19 AM

Kim Catrall

Isn't she in SEX AND THE CITY?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size