Chefelf.com Night Life: Impeach Bush - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Impeach Bush However they got my email address, I'm glad they did.

#16 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Lefty @ Oct 26 2006, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does it make you feel weird when the president tries to foment fear against gay people to earn votes, or is that a necessary political evil? I think it would make me feel weird.

I disagree with GB when it comes to gay marriage, but at the same time I can sympathize with him. I’m a very religious person and I respect his faith based political views even though I disagree with them. But again, that one issue isn’t enough to make me abandon all sense and blindly follow the left. But he’s right about not allowing judges to legislate from the bench. That’s what our elected lawmakers are for.

#17 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

Gosh, yes. I know I for one haven't been able to enjoy sex ever since those gay people started having it!
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Oct 26 2006, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wholeheartedly agree. Somebody just needs to create a third party that takes the best of both worlds (not sure what theyd get out of the left) and leave out all the stupid bs. Itll never happen though. At least not here.

the annoying thing is that, because i agree with niether to a complete extent, they both accuse me of fence sitting or spewing random agression.

reality is the lonliest place on earth.

left and right... the names suggest two groups on extreem sides of something... by their very nature they are both not where they are needed.

#19 User is offline   Lefty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Post icon  Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Oct 26 2006, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree with GB when it comes to gay marriage, but at the same time I can sympathize with him. I’m a very religious person and I respect his faith based political views even though I disagree with them. But again, that one issue isn’t enough to make me abandon all sense and blindly follow the left.

well, good like with all that. (& with ignoring the fact that one of the most liberal states in the country has allowed gay marriage for over 2 years). Sorry, trying to stay positive.

If you really think that we're better off with republican rule, I hope that your political bedfellows don't become too odious to you personally. I was just saying that I'd be uncomfortable supporting a party that holds me up as something to unify against.

#20 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

I can't understand the lefties. One minute Bush is a fucking moron, and now suddenly he's a criminal mastermind. Did I miss something?
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#21 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

how do you make that text with the line through it?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#22 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Oct 28 2006, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how do you make that text with the line through it?

Text with a line through?

You use the same as bold but with a s instead of a b

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 28 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

#23 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Bush isn't a criminal mastermind. He can barely string a single, simple sentence together. If fact, it's such a chore that people cheer for him as he pauses to rest his brain inbetween sentences he reads. (Don't believe me? Go listen to one of his speaches!) His cabinet is rather criminal, but they aren't masterminds. They're quite flagrant in admitting that the laws are there for them to break for as long as possible, and when caught, change the laws so that they aren't doing anything illegal anymore.

Ones' faith is the last thing that should be on anyone's mind when legislating. We're supposed to be a secular country, and it would be nice if we acted like one.

Strikethrough.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#24 User is offline   Grinov Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

It's funny that the same non-Americans who hate Bush are the same non-Americans that hate the United States. Im all for Bush, for the simple reason that I hate America and he is doing a bang up job making other people hate America. GO BUSH!

(Before people start ripping out my heart and eating it, know that I'm being satirical)

#25 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 29 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bush isn't a criminal mastermind. He can barely string a single, simple sentence together. If fact, it's such a chore that people cheer for him as he pauses to rest his brain inbetween sentences he reads. (Don't believe me? Go listen to one of his speaches!)

I’ve seen lots of GBs speeches, and he’s plenty coherent. Everybody’s always exaggerating his lack of speech giving ability to make him look stupid. So he’s not slick Willy, big goddamn deal. Being able to give a speech doesn’t make you any better a president. And just because somebody doesn’t agree with your decisions doesn’t make you a criminal mastermind. Come on. Stop drinking the koolaid.

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 29 2006, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ones' faith is the last thing that should be on anyone's mind when legislating. We're supposed to be a secular country, and it would be nice if we acted like one.

I doubt our white, slave owning, christian, founding fathers intended this country to be entirely secular.

Just because they didnt write "God" on every document doesnt mean they didnt have deity in mind. Course, I wasnt there, so I cant say for sure.

This post has been edited by Sailor Abbey: 30 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

#26 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

Abbey: Read our bill of rights and look at supreme court cases involving religion. They believed in a Creator, but didn't think that laws should have been made favoring one religion's belief systems. Yes, some stuff happened anyway, because as you said, the government was made up of upper class, white, males, and a basic principle of society is that the leaders tend to make rules which favor themselves.

I'm also not exaggerating. The man is a moron, and it is a HUGE deal. I don't want the leader and global representative of my country to be a complete idiot who can't string sentences together and who stumbles over nearly every word spoken that contains more than two syllables. Yes, as leader and representative of our country, he should make an effort to present himself as educated and eloquent in public. I don't at all understand how you can write off the President's lack of intelligence/preceived lack of intelligence as not a big deal.

Since I voiced an opinion to the contrary, I don't think you were talking to me with your repetative anti-left comment about Bush being a mastermind, but for the record, I don't even like kool-aid, though the kool-aid man has been a positive addition to popular culture. tongue.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#27 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

But Freedom of Religion IS in the Constitution. Or the Declaration. One of those two, can't remember for sure. Anyway, I really don't give a damn whether they WANTED us to be secular or not. If they didn't want us to be secular, (wait for it, what I'm about to say MAY get me kidnapped by men in suits and interrogated for several days for commiting blasphemy) the founding fathers MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG! After all, they were people who BELIEVED in God, not God himself. Why does no one ever think about that? I just want to know, why do we all assume they had the right direction for the country? Sure, it was a hell of a country, still is, love it, I really do. But I do not think we should view any of these people as anything other than that. People. Brilliant people, some of the best minds of their time. Good people. People with ideas. But, as I said, people. They couldn't even agree with each-other, why do we assume they knew what to do with their country? Did they? Look at dear Mr. Adams' acts during his presidency. Look at them all. Was THAT what we should have been doing all along? What about Jefferson? Was HE right about anything and everything whilst he ruled the country? And if they, somehow, WERE right about this everything, if George Washington really never told a lie, and knew inherently the way the country should go... Why do we not listen? I notice, looking around, and despite his requests... We have a two-party system.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#28 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

Good point, Otal.

Also, I don't know if they ever intended on this being a secular country. They never mentioned "absence" of religion.

And as far as Bush's public speaking goes: Slade, how wel do you speak in front of millions of people? I'm not trying to sing W's praises or anything, I don't like him either, but I do tire of people constantly bombarding him on his public speaking. It's hard! And the more people, the harder it is. I can't imagine trying to give an uber-long speech looking down on a crowd that huge, and on top of that, cameras make your speech live to everyone else on the globe, and on top of that, he knows that most of the population of the globe are going to find every little thing wrong and exagerrate it, make fun of it, etc. It's got to be nerve-wracking. It does really annoy me that he pauses for applause so much, but I can't blame him for stumbling over his words, and I don't think that that remarks on his intelligence at all. Some of the most brilliant people in the world had various speech impediments.

Not that I'm saying Bush is brilliant... I just don't think he should get so much flack for his speech-making abilities.

(If a democrat you agreed with ever got up there and gave a speech and stutters through it and stumbles over words, I bet you wouldn't mind, then!)
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#29 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

I like the PT
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#30 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Oct 30 2006, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that I'm saying Bush is brilliant... I just don't think he should get so much flack for his speech-making abilities.

(If a democrat you agreed with ever got up there and gave a speech and stutters through it and stumbles over words, I bet you wouldn't mind, then!)

I have to agree. Stellar public speaking skills do not make you more intelligent. It just makes you a better a better liar. I'm not saying GB is a liar, I'm just saying that Clinton was.

Slade, I dont see GB having as much difficulty speaking as you say you do. I watch his speeches whenever I can, and I really dont see what the problem is. He does seem to have more difficult a time when he is reading something off a paper. When he's speaking from the heart, he sounds as good as anybody. I can empathize with that.

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Oct 30 2006, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Freedom of Religion IS in the Constitution. Or the Declaration. One of those two, can't remember for sure. Anyway, I really don't give a damn whether they WANTED us to be secular or not. If they didn't want us to be secular, (wait for it, what I'm about to say MAY get me kidnapped by men in suits and interrogated for several days for commiting blasphemy) the founding fathers MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG!

They MAY have been wrong. But the constitution is the constitution, and if somebody doesn’t like it, they need to push to get it amended. Personally, I think religion and government are a shitty mix and belong nowhere near each other, but at the same time, I don’t think you should have to abandon your personal religious beliefs in order to hold a public office. If spiritual people aren’t guided by their principals, what the fuck is the point in having any.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size