Chefelf.com Night Life: Impeach Bush - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Impeach Bush However they got my email address, I'm glad they did.

#1 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:27 AM

So, these people, calling themselves, as far as I can tell, Impeach Bush, keep sending me emails. Well, I thought I'd post the latest one.

Please circulate widely!

Dear *Otal's name deleted*,

-Ramsey Clark
The Bush Administration’s presentation of its purpose and continuing role in Iraq is one of elaborate and shifting deception just as were its original explanations of why it waged its war of aggression against Iraq. First one thing, then another: weapons of mass destruction, ties to Al Qaeda, to rid the country of a tyrant, to establish democracy and freedom in the Middle East, to destroy international terrorism at center stage.

All were fabricated and known to be false by the President and the principal “civil officers of the United States” whose purpose led us down this garden path to genocide and the enmity of friend and foe alike.

Today, as the Congressional mid-term elections approach, the Bush Administration is desperate to lay blame elsewhere for its failure to stabilize the country, curtail the rising U.S. casualties while still ignoring Iraqi casualties, and offer any hope for peace and the withdrawal of U.S. and all foreign forces from Iraq. It charges its own puppet government responsible for the violent chaos its policies have caused and it has failed to prevent.

A time table, heretofore verboten as playing into enemy hands, is to be presented to Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki within which he must disarm sectarian militias and reach other political, economic and military benchmarks toward social stability, which the U.S. with all its fire power and billions misspent has failed to approach.

The U.S. knows Maliki cannot achieve such goals. Just staying alive is a challenge he cannot meet without U.S. help and even then perhaps not for long, if the U.S. remains in Iraq.

Ramsey on CNN
Ramsey Clark interviewed on CNN from Iraq.
Every time I go to Iraq, the government of Iraq is harder to find. It used to appear to run the airport. Last week armed U.S. contractors rushed me and other lawyers, Iraqi and different Arab nationalities, from the plane through customs and immigration, to waiting U.S. military vehicles, both coming and going. On the drive into Baghdad the protection was entirely U.S. military in the SUV with us, but with U.S. Army tanks, engines running, a crew member scanning the area with binoculars from tank turrets and fortified positions stationed near the roadway.

The government of Iraq, almost as badly fragmented as the society, is hidden away in the international zone secured by the U.S., plotting to gain advantage over other segments of the government and control of the oil producing areas within the country. Outside this comparatively safe haven the various factions work with regional and local leaders of their sects and government forces and militia’s more loyal to them.

If fear is the ultimate enemy of freedom, Iraq is the least free society on earth. Fear is pervasive, at home, work if any, school if accessible, mosque, market, the street where you live.

Conditions are heart breaking, even more so than during sanctions which killed over 1.5 million Iraqis, half under 5 years of age, between 1990 and 2003. Then the people were united in sharing food and medicine to protect the poor, the weak and the sick, as best as possible. Fear, except for the specters of malnutrition and sickness, was minimal.

ImpeachBush ad
The new ImpeachBush
New York Times ad

Today fear is omnipresent. The death rate exceeds that of the genocidal sanctions with more than 500,000 dead after 3 and a half years of foreign aggression and occupation. Most Iraqis I talk to insist a million have died, but we do not know. And those killed are your mother, child, brother, father, friend, neighbor. Death is indiscriminate and capricious. Those who died were strong and able this very morning. And all assaults are shrouded in unbridled hatred.

The government of the United States brought this misery to the people of Iraq.

No one is more aware of the impotence and abject dependence of what George Bush calls the sovereign democracy he has brought to Iraq than the President himself. He knew before we read it on page 1 of the New York Times for October 18, 2006, that “Senior American officials including Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice... issued stark warnings to the Maliki government of growing American impatience, especially at the governments failure to stop the scourge of death squads operating with the knowledge, or support of the Interior Ministry...”

“For Maliki, these concerns have taken on a keen personal edge, exposed Monday when the White House revealed that Mr. Maliki asked President Bush in a telephone call whether there was any truth to rumors that the Americans had plans to replace him ‘if certain things don’t happen within two months,’ in the words of Mr. Bush’s press secretary, Tony Snow.”

A more pitiful plea of subservience by the head of the government of a purported democracy of sovereign equality is hard to find in history. How long will the American people tolerate these deceptions?

As for U.S. intentions in Iraq, for the first time during my visits, this October the new U.S. Embassy had risen above the high concrete barrier sealing it from view. It is a huge complex with at least 14 cranes still lifting construction materials for its completion, still on schedule. They say for next summer.

It is the “Mother of all U.S. Embassies.” Its initial was cost set at $570 million. We will learn of the cost overruns later. No Iraqis work on construction of the Embassy, for the same reason the architects of the Pyramids were murdered. No outsider must know its secrets. It will have its own assured water system and generators for electricity.

More significantly, it is located in the heart of Baghdad, presently in the International Zone immediately across from the Iraqi Special Tribunal where Saddam Hussein and other officials of the government the U.S. overthrew are on trial.

The U.S. Embassy in Iran was located in the heart of Tehran. It could not be protected from angry crowds that captured and held the residual staff and Marine Guards hostage. After that the U.S. has built secure Embassies removed from easy access by potentially hostile mobs. But none nearly so large, or expensive as the new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

The ultimate deception is that the Bush Administration intends to remain in Iraq with sufficient military force to assure the security of this huge Embassy situated in the center of a metropolitan area of six million people, a fourth of the nation.

These deceptions, too, are impeachable offenses intended to conceal the most grievous of all high crimes and misdemeanors.

The people of the United States cannot begin to rehabilitate their government in the opinion of the peoples of the world, or in the hearts of their own patriots until we impeach George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and others complicit in their crimes against peace and humanity and continuing war crimes.

Any thoughts on the matter other than "I'm not giving them any money"?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#2 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

Same stupid crap the lefties are always spewing. I don’t even know why they bother. People either love or hate GB. Stuff like this isn’t going to convert anybody. The best part is, a lot of libs don’t bother to vote. I myself will be first in line.

#3 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:53 AM

Dagnabbin' left-wing propaganda spewing their lies about our perfect president!

I do agree that they should be impeached, but there are better reasons than those cited. This perpetual "war on terror" and the war on the constitution civil rights are big problems, too. >< Deh. There's no point in going into this again. It's wasted breath because half the nation is duped into worshiping Bush, and he's walking around with his cronies and bullies and pretty much running congress as it is, managing to change laws to make his formerly illegal and unconstitutional acts and laws legal. Impeachment only happens if you have a congress who's the opposite party of a president, and apparently he gets blow jobs from secretaries.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

Sailor Abby are you right or left? Because you lead the lifestyle of a left and claim to be one yet you talk like a right. I'm totally confused!
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Oct 25 2006, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sailor Abby are you right or left? Because you lead the lifestyle of a left and claim to be one yet you talk like a right. I'm totally confused!

Oh my gods! When have I ever claimed to “be one.” Yes I am Pagan. Yes I am gay. But fortunately, the gods endowed me with the fine ability to think for myself. I am a HUGE conservative and I get in arguments with people all the time for towing the party line. They think just cause they’re gay they HAVE to be liberal, or just because there environmentalists they HAVE to vote Democrat. That’s just stupid. Raise awareness within the party, don’t just abandon good sense because of one issue.

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

But conservatives don't like gay people. Thats a pretty standard rule of thumb. WHen you draw a dividing line between the parties, gay's tend to stay with the left since the left support marriage and stuff.

Democrats and Republicans both don't give a shit about the enviroment.

I guess it's not off the wall to be a gay conservative.... It's totally wierd!

This post has been edited by Jordan: 25 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Oct 25 2006, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my gods! When have I ever claimed to “be one.” Yes I am Pagan. Yes I am gay. But fortunately, the gods endowed me with the fine ability to think for myself. I am a HUGE conservative and I get in arguments with people all the time for towing the party line. They think just cause they’re gay they HAVE to be liberal, or just because there environmentalists they HAVE to vote Democrat. That’s just stupid. Raise awareness within the party, don’t just abandon good sense because of one issue.

i think this is why we get along...

i had a bunch of righties as friends, and convinced them that a bunch of what they believed was bullshit, and to my dissapointment, the y became lefties...

see, both sides belives is small elements of realism, but a majority of either side outright opposes anything the other side believes in.

i believe in logical and realistic things. i think some traditions are good and some are bad. i agree with things said by either side and also strongly dissagree with things from either side.

one thing's for sure, niether side seem to be able to deal with each other in a sensible manner.

the right deals with the left by bullying them and banning shit. boycotting in large numbers and forcing credit card companies to take away services from any celebrity who dare express a personal opinion in a nation supposedly built on freedom of speaech.

the left write pansy ass letters that will result in NOTHING to each other... let's all sign petitions and wear t-shirts... like rimmer in red dwarf when the polymorph steels his anger.

it's really painfull to watch the whole struggle.

#8 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 25 2006, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... and he's walking around with his cronies and bullies and pretty much running congress as it is, managing to change laws to make his formerly illegal and unconstitutional acts and laws legal.

Wait wait wait, so there's no nulla poena sine lege rule in your law system? Gah, you Americans really are primitive...

Edit: I loathe this fucking tongue.gif image. Really, I do.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 26 October 2006 - 02:13 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#9 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Oct 26 2006, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the right deals with the left by bullying them and banning shit. boycotting in large numbers and forcing credit card companies to take away services from any celebrity who dare express a personal opinion in a nation supposedly built on freedom of speaech.

the left write pansy ass letters that will result in NOTHING to each other... let's all sign petitions and wear t-shirts... like rimmer in red dwarf when the polymorph steels his anger.

it's really painfull to watch the whole struggle.

I wholeheartedly agree. Somebody just needs to create a third party that takes the best of both worlds (not sure what theyd get out of the left) and leave out all the stupid bs. Itll never happen though. At least not here.

#10 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Oct 25 2006, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But conservatives don't like gay people. Thats a pretty standard rule of thumb. WHen you draw a dividing line between the parties, gay's tend to stay with the left since the left support marriage and stuff.

Democrats and Republicans both don't give a shit about the enviroment.

I guess it's not off the wall to be a gay conservative.... It's totally wierd!

Old stuffy Christian conservatives don’t like gay people, but things are starting to change slowly by surely. A lot of the younger conservatives are a lot more moderate and pretty soon the GOP will come around. Change on a big scale like that is slow, and I don’t know who the gays are kidding, liberal politicians don’t really give a shit about them when it comes to actually making stuff happen. Theyd be as just as unlikely to let gay folks marry as the right. Anyway, I’ll believe it when I see it.

And its not like I'm the only one.

#11 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:45 AM

Statements like this one:
(not sure what theyd[sic] get out of the left)
are why no one would bother with a hypothetical third party. Both sides refuse to compromise. Of course, there's also the popular opinion perpetuated by politicians everywhere that "nobody votes for third parties - you're wasting your vote by having it go to someone with no chance of being elected", so it wouldn't get a chance to get off the ground.

Liberal politicians give as much shit about their voters as the conservative and reactionary ones do. Which is pretty much just running campaign ads to make themselves look good so that people will vote for them. They just have no power because any time they oppose the right, said right whips out its silly "If you don't support this bill, you hate freedom and support terrorism!" fallacy, and nobody has enough spine to cry bullshit loud enough to actually get it fixed. Maybe they do cry bullshit, but I don't watch CSPAN enough to have any sources. They're also the minority, which just makes it worse for trying to do things.

I really hate American politics. I can't believe people still put up with this stupid farce.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

Way to stay positive Slade. happy.gif

#13 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

God it's so taboo now. The whole thing gets so boring.

Government is evil, politicians suck, and society is corrupted.

Whats funny is this---

Back in post nam America, people fought to bring corruption to the screen and were supressed for it. Today, corruption is clearly displayed in every cabinet in every party, and we all just accept it, because wether it's hidden or out in the open, nobody can do shit all about it. I think guys like Lennon and his hippie following thought that exposing it would help end it. Bringing it out in the open and talking about it is now common place though.

Globalization, slave labor in china, chemicals in foods, corporate take overs, we are all well aware now. But the sad thing is we can't do anything about it because the majority of us don't give a shit and just accept it for what it is...

This post has been edited by Jordan: 26 October 2006 - 03:02 PM

#14 User is offline   Lefty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Oct 26 2006, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old stuffy Christian conservatives don’t like gay people, but things are starting to change slowly by surely. A lot of the younger conservatives are a lot more moderate and pretty soon the GOP will come around. Change on a big scale like that is slow, and I don’t know who the gays are kidding, liberal politicians don’t really give a shit about them when it comes to actually making stuff happen. Theyd be as just as unlikely to let gay folks marry as the right.

Anyway, I’ll believe it when I see it.

*cough* have you seen Massachusetts in the last few years?

does it make you feel weird when the president tries to foment fear against gay people to earn votes, or is that a necessary political evil? I think it would make me feel weird.

#15 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

Of course allowing gay people to marry would destroy marriage. Allowing gay people to have sex destroyed sex, didn't it? And allowing niggers and women to vote destroyed voting, right? Let's not make the same mistakes that we did in the past.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size