Chefelf.com Night Life: I don't believe in terrorism anymore - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

I don't believe in terrorism anymore or the bogey man, or Santa

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 5 2006, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Improper analogy. Muggers do what they do for profit. They don't blow themselves up to steal someone's wallet. Also when the police go after muggers they go after individual people from all different walks of life, and they go after them as individuals.

actually they ususally go after the nearest black person

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 5 2006, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we had a war on muggerism though, the cops would be beating the shit out of anyone from the inner city on the streets after dusk. And then a lot of people in urban areas would get angry and start beating the shit out of the cops in return, IE; mugging them.

the only difference is muggerism is an act of antisocial pricks who are too lazy to work and have no conscience about depriving people of their hard earned cash and often lives. they come from ALL walks of lives, they ARE NOT victims of society or brainwashed by videogames. they are just people who pop up.

terrorists have a fundament common ground... their backward ass woman torturing jew hating genocidal religion. i'm not suggesting we give them the jihad they want... but at least there's something they could do about it.

the war on terror isn't stupid. the people running it are.

telling everyone not to bring water on board an aircraft, or even contact lense fluid, when all they have to do is connect the goddamned dots, and offer everyone getting on a beer or piece or BBQ pork and your flight is secure.

no one is going to sacrifice themself while unclean and unable to enter the after life they want, when that's their whole motivation.

vegitarians can just deal with it, recovering alcholics can go for the pork, and jews can just shut up because i'll bet every last one of them's snuck a prawn or lobster in at some point in their life. so we're all good.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

but then there's also this:

http://prisonplanet....06redhanded.htm

#18 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:24 AM

I'll try once more to back HOffmarn before reminding him we're mortal enemies. TERRORISM is not the same thing as blowing up a factory, or crashing a plane, or strapping explosives to one's self and running at people. The notion of TERRORISM is not the acts themselves but the idea of an organization behind the acts. And with the "War on TERROR" comes the assumption that we know not only what that organization is, what they have done, and where they are.

9/11 may not have been the work of Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was not in Afghanistan, certainly not in Iraq. Certainly not in the GOVERNMENTS and ARMIES of those nations. The Taliban were a lousy government, but so are a lot of governments. There was no clear act of war to justify any invasion, given what I said above (so don't say "What about 9/11?"). Iraq complied with all efforts to prove or disprove US claims of the presence of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Saddam tried his best to speak on TV as often as he could, to try to convince the world not to support a US attack. George Bush said to those of his allies who opposed an invasion of Iraq "If you're not with us, you're against us," essentially threatening more hysterical hatemongering such as was leveled at the French governemtn when it resisted an invasion of Afghanistan. I still remember "Freedom Fries," and restaurateurs making a big show of not selling French wine.

There are suicide bombers in Iraq, but they're not Al Qaeda. The suicide attacks in Lebanon are not Al Qaeda either. Grouping these folks together because they're all brown and assuming they coordinate attacks on the US is like saying that we should invade Japan because we don't like North Korea.

When you destroy a government, the general result is that the power vacuum leads to a civil war. The violence in Iraq is the RESULT of the US attack and removal of its government, not the CAUSE of it. US warmongers like to point to terrorism against occupying soldiers as the excuse for the occupation itself. That's rather like killing someone for talking back while you're hitting him.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#19 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:51 AM

terrorists have a fundament common ground... their backward ass woman torturing jew hating genocidal religion.

That's a really narrow and incorrect view of the broad social term known as "terrorism."

#20 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 5 2006, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They wouldnt be getting blown apart if not for the war on terrorism.

Right. Theyd just be getting raped and thrown in wood chippers alive.

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 5 2006, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But for people who are in the right frame of mind or remain objective this is an alternative point of view that I think puts things in a really interesting perspective.

*raises hypocrite flag*

Because you’re the epitome of objectivity. wink.gif

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:49 AM

Just to help things, JM isn't denying that people commit acts of terror, he's just saying he doesn't believe in the fear and hate mongering US government and media creates to keep the masses at bay, that there's some large, shadowy organization bent on the destruction of the west, and that we can actually ship soldiers to a region and fix these problems.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#22 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:06 AM

Are you sure that's what JM is saying? It sounds to me more like he's saying, terrorism itself doesn't exist. As in, committing acts of violence on persons or properties in order to coerce or intimidate usually a government, doesn't exist. Which is pretty damned ridiculous.

But then, so is assuming that all acts of terrorism come from the Islam religion.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#23 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

Ok so there is no one large terror organization, there are a bunch of smaller ones all independent of one another. That's even worse.

Some one bombed the USS cole, that Embassy building, the WTC, London buses, Israeli bus systems (on a monthly basis) etc...

Then there all these tapes of brown skinned people talking about jihads and killing infidels. Now that I think about it, Islamic militants have nothing to do with any of the events and they were all just 'shit happens' scenarios.

SO the war on terror is impossible. So the Al Qaeda are a fairy tale. Great, so where are we right now then? Do we just ignore these events?

Whats the solution. Cut ties from Israel, pull out of Iraq, and start making business moves with these countries so they'll be on our good side?

This post has been edited by Jordan: 06 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:39 PM

the only difference is muggerism is an act of antisocial pricks who are too lazy to work and have no conscience about depriving people of their hard earned cash and often lives. they come from ALL walks of lives, they ARE NOT victims of society or brainwashed by videogames. they are just people who pop up.

Well then, if all muggers and criminals in general are evil and have no conscience (much like terrorists) why don't we get around to declaring a war on muggerism? Forget that there are societal and economic strains pushing them towards that behavior, forget that inncer city schools are more poorly funded than those in third world countries like Cuba. Let's go into the urban areas of the US and kill or imprison every miliatary aged black male we see to help stop the spread of muggerism.

But no, because we know that these people are human beings, that they're not part of some demonic shadow organization, and that they can be stopped by simple law enforcement. If you took the first action I hinted at all you'd have is a bit of a Robin Hood scenario.

And yes, I admit it. Stating that terrorism is a myth is absurd. But have I asked any of you to horde plastic wrap and duct tape and seal yourselves in your houses? Have I started a war that can, by definition, never end? Have I inflated the national debt so far that every human being in the world will have to pay several thousand dollars to pay it off? Have I put up a color coded threat level? Have I stated that the Geneva conventions are outdated because the people we're fighting aren't nice? Have I tapped any of your phones recently? Who's more absurd here when you really think about it?

{Edit for Civilian: Forgot to mention Freedom Fries in that list, thanks!}

The war on terror and all of the complete idiocy surrounding it is the greatest absurdity. We may as well have a war on war. And if the extreme paranoia, the insane hatred this has excited in some people (anyone remember the report about "prols" foaming at the mouth while they actually shot an effigy of Osama that had been strung up in their bar where they drank their Victory gin?) if all of that has led us nowhere and gained us nothing except a HUGE national deficit, it's time for an about face.

Right. Theyd just be getting raped and thrown in wood chippers alive.

Wait til some angry Iraqi who lost his entire family to the occupation decides that it's time to bring Baghdad to Boston with a pound of C4. Then see how glad you are that we liberated their country from terrorism. Hear me when I say that the ill effects from this aggression have not even begun to be felt here, though 200000 Iraqis have already paid the price of Bush's hatred there. You think three or four thousand dead storm troopers is the worst of it? We fucked Iraq, and it won't be long before we reap what we've sewn.

The question is, at that point are we as a culture going to look at it as a vast and evil faceless enemy striking out at us, unprovoked and without reason as we did on 9/11 or are we going to realize that we made people angry enough at us that they'd sacrifice their lives to try to stop the rolling machine of American hedgemony? Will the next attack (and it will come) be the catalist for some inner thought and reconsideration of our "kill everyone who has a Quran" approach, or will it be an excuse to invade Iran? Ignoring the myth of terrorism is going to be a big step in the direction of doing the right thing.

Because you’re the epitome of objectivity

Notice the presence of an O followed by an r in my statement.

SO the war on terror is impossible. So the Al Qaeda are a fairy tale. Great, so where are we right now then? Do we just ignore these events?

Whats the solution. Cut ties from Israel, pull out of Iraq, and start making business moves with these countries so they'll be on our good side?

Jordan- Good question, very good question

We don't ignore these events when they occur. We look at them as crime. Certainly reprehensible crime, but look at it this way: more people die in the US every year from gun violence than from the 9/11 attacks and the Iraq war combined. But we don't have a war on guns, do we?

We start to look at these people as individual criminals and work with local governments to give them something else to do. In the US we have inner city initiatives and rebuilding projects, the same has to be done for the middle east, especially since we blew up a good bit of it. Give money to the governments there rather than doing it through the US. Development money, not money for guns and not CIA agents training them how to torture people.

Many terrorists learn their views in hardline islamic schools, much as many criminals become disenfranchised and violent in under funded inner city schools. Better, secular education is a key as well.

Now look at the Rodney King riots. What happened there? A huge shadowy organization created rampant destruction and terror, focusing their rage on the very people who were supposed to keep order? No, a lot of individuals got angry at oppression and decided to strike back. How do you stop something like that? You take down the oppressors, which is what the US government did after a while - the cops who beat the guy are in jail, and steps were taken to try to weed out racism and brutality in police ranks.

Let's do the same thing in the middle east. The US government knows that numerous middle eastern governments torture people and squash democracy. We can't overthrow them, but we can stop giving them guns and training. We can state our support for human rights and democracy in that country and encourage reformers. The US is indeed doing this, for instance in egypt. But they forgot one part. While Rice pays lip service to freedom we're still givign Egypt billions that it can use against it's own people.

If we examine the basic causes of people's anger we can stop some of these crimes. But not one of you has come up with a way that we can stop the massive worldwide evil organization of this alleged terrorism.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#25 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 6 2006, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But not one of you has come up with a way that we can stop the massive worldwide evil organization of this alleged terrorism.

Well of course the aim is not to stop it. The aim is to create a war that can never end, to foster a civilian dependence on a militant government to resue it from evil foreigners, and in the peocess to retain power forever.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#26 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

Until people wise up and realize that "terrorism" is actually an ideology that can only most effectively be prevented ahead of time, not much is going to change. The current idea is to be incorrectly reactive, not pro-active, and no, I'm not talking about wiretaps and spies and torture...the only way you can hope to "stop" terrorism (and you never will, it's always going to exist as an option for somebody somewhere over something) is to actually think about avoiding the decisions and actions and situations that inspire it in the first place. It's not a cut and dry, black and white scenario like the "war on terror" tries to present it as. It's a messy, complicated, wildly varying socialogical behavior that cannot be easily defined or classified. The human condition is exceedingly complicated, and terrorism can be seen as the extreme epitome of that condition. I know that's not a neat answer, but it's the closest I can come to what I think is the correct one.

This post has been edited by MyPantsAreOnFire: 07 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

#27 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:12 PM

Any terrorism usually involves a cause that brings death to people wherein the deaths are never brought to light or avenged, the terrorism is required, in the terrorist's mind, to bring down justice. And it isn't only with Muslims. Sure we have the old adage of the Israelis killing a bunch of Palestinians and the Palestinians doing what they can to fight back, but look at domestic terrorism:

The Oklahoma bombing was caused because some FBI agents decided to massacre an entire compound full of people who's only crime was not wanting to come out of said compound to be massacred. No one was evert brought to justice for that, and so someone felt they needed to do something. I don't agree with that, but you can kind of see the logic. And it's the same for the abortion clinic bombers, they feel they have to avenge the killings of people as well, in this case unborn children.

I don't think either of those acts were right, those people have the ability to petition their government, to call attention to this injustice, and to file civil suit.

People in most Muslim nations have none of those avenues. Terrorism is the only thing open to them in many cases, and the wrongs being committed are far far greater than abortion or the destruction of a bunch of people in one compound -- Economic, political and social aggression by the US. We want to force our system of government, our ideas, and our contracts for their oil down their people's throats, and there's not a damned thing they can do about it that dosn't involve a detonator.

The solution is going to be on our side, but that solution will never come as long as we have a bunch of weird looking people who we can point our fingers at and blame everything on.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#28 User is offline   Grinov Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 6 2006, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They wouldnt be getting blown apart if not for the war on terrorism. As I've said, it's a cycle.

Your right, you cannot settle violence with violence.

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 6 2006, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The myth, purpetrated by the government to enslave the populace with fear, caused the damage.

Can you honestly say you are not a slave to some form of political conspiracy? I’ve read some of your post and it doesn’t take long for me to find an almost pro-Islamist Extremist comment, in my opinion you are so anti-American/anti-Bush that you have fallen into the pro-Osama camp, can you not see that you are just a puppet?

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 8 2006, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People in most Muslim nations have none of those avenues.

Have you ever been to a Muslim dominated country?

#29 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Oct 5 2006, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I only did it a couple of times, involving alcohol. I was actually pretty clean-cut before I got to College. smile.gif

haa! haa! haa!!!....you know thats the kind of statement right there that makes you think twice whenever you go to either your doctor's office, dentist's office, lawyer's office,.etc etc

you walk in, sit down..examine his/her college credentials,....the phd's they may have, ..master's, ..associates..that are usually posted all over the walls of their office...

..then you want to ask them...."did you ever party your ass off in college or what?..did you get drunk?, stoned?, laid?, blitzed?, high?, arrested?, suspended?, buzzed?, blown?, cranked?, ......or were you just some innocent college kid that avoided all those wild scenes and simply focused on just your studies in college??"

devil.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#30 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

If they were honest with me about such shared behaviors, I'd probably find them less judgemental. smile.gif

People in most Muslim nations have none of those avenues. Terrorism is the only thing open to them in many cases, and the wrongs being committed are far far greater than abortion or the destruction of a bunch of people in one compound -- Economic, political and social aggression by the US. We want to force our system of government, our ideas, and our contracts for their oil down their people's throats, and there's not a damned thing they can do about it that dosn't involve a detonator.

Nice of you to extol their freedoms.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size