• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Aquatic Boogaloo

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

I hear that the official plot outline for Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, set for summer 2006 (around the same month as Superman Returns or so I've heard), is this:

Jack Sparrow has another supernatural curse against him, and if he doesn't find a way to break it, his soul will be claimed by the Flying Dutchman and he'll be dragged down to Davy Jones's locker (or something like that). Jack needs help to break the curse and he enlists the help of the lovably androgynous Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knigthley) just as Will and Liz are about to get married. More good natured, wink-at-the-audience chaos and mayhem ensues.

Whether or not the sequel will be any good remains to be seen.

For some reason I feel like watching a pirate movie, an OLD pirate movie (and maybe write a short story revolving around a pirate). I looked for The Crimson Pirate but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone have any recommendations on pirate films or are they all relative?

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 16 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Mar 16 2005, 08:51 PM)
For some reason I feel like watching a pirate movie, an OLD pirate movie (and maybe write a short story revolving around a pirate). I looked for The Crimson Pirate but couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone have any recommendations on pirate films or are they all relative?

Some pirate movies are very, very good, and some pirate movies are very, very bad. Crimson Pirate falls somewhere in between.

If you're looking for old and good, what you really want is Captain Blood. Also, read the book.

I think that, if you want some really good old movies/books full of swashbuckling high adventure, you should open yourself up to seafaring stuff generally, not just pirates. There are a lot of good adventure-on-the-sea and mutiny movies that give you a similar sort of feel: The Sea Hawk, Mutiny on the Bounty, AND MORE!

If you really want to be cured of pirate movie fever, though, there's always Cutthroat Island. Okay, it's not old - it's from the 80s and starts Geena Davis in a role that's all wrong for her and the barely-adequate Matthew Modine-- but it's a fan favorite for people who, um, like things that are bad.

#3 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:29 PM

I have only two thoughts at the moment in regards to the PoTC sequel:

1. Summer of 2006 could not possibly seem like a longer wait at this point.

2. A long, high-pitched shriek of pure fangirlish delight.

Also, there's really more to it than that. From the summary I read, Jack's supposed to be bound by a blood oath to the legendary Davy Jones (what did he do this time?), and if he can't break it, he'll be cursed to an eternity of damnation and servitude.

And Bootstrap Bill Turner is part of it! How, I'm not sure right now, I just know the part was cast.

I. Can't. WAIT.

(*begins incessantly humming "A Pirate's Life for Me"*)

"...and really bad eggs...Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" pirate.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:17 PM

Actually, Cutthroat Island was made in the 90s, not the 80s. I've seen it, agree it's not that good but I have seen worse, much, MUCH worse.

Bootstrap Bill Turner will be portrayed by Stellan Skarsgard, who appeared in such cinematic classics as... actually can't name any off the top of my head, but I know he was the bad guy Cedric in the craptacular King Arthur from 2004. The only problem with this is that Stellan looks nothing like Orlando Bloom, and certain characters from the original POTC (Jack Sparrow, the eyeball guy) said that Will/Orlando was the spitting image of his father (they were either too drunk to remember or were suffering Mementoesque memory loss).

So Jane, tell me, are you a fangirl of Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom? Or both?
I am the Fisher King.

#5 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 17 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Johnny Depp all the way! I don't really care much about Orlando Bloom at all, to be honest.

Don't think that's the only reason I can't wait for this, though! My fangirlism for Johnny Depp didn't kick in until quite a bit after I became obsessed with the movie.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#6 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Laura @ Mar 17 2005, 08:07 AM)
Some pirate movies are very, very good, and some pirate movies are very, very bad. Crimson Pirate falls somewhere in between.

If you're looking for old and good, what you really want is Captain Blood. Also, read the book.

Haven't seen "Captain Blood" in years... I didn't know it was based on a book.

Just watched "The Crimson Pirate". It was an amusing flick, but had some very bad costumes.
I am the Fisher King.

#7 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

(*BUMPS rather than starting a new thread*)

The trailer has been released.

I am so happy I could cry.

Will: What about Jack? I can't leave without him!
(*Jack runs screaming up the beach, followed by a giant angry tribal mob*)
Will: ...Nevermind, let's go!

laugh.gif

Cue the long high-pitched fangirl "EEEeee!"

XD

#8 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

Orlando bloom is always like..."Look at me, Im orlando bloom" *said in noble overthetop english accent* pirate.gif

This post has been edited by Revan-47: 05 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#9 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

Oooooh I cant wait for that, I 've been dying to get the theme song fro mthe first one on CD, and I'm secure enough in my heterosexuality to say that Johnny Depp has some kind of mystical attraction about him that edges between the greatest coolness and the weirdest creepyness.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#10 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:52 AM

And here I thought this thread had disappeared into the great beyond of obscurity.
I am the Fisher King.

#11 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

Not if I can help it! Time is ticking down and that means more information will be coming out week by week, day by day! It's fantastic! laugh.gif

XD

#12 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

I saw the trailer before seeing Narnia.

Man, I can't wait for this movie. The 1st one kicked so much ass and I think that Johnny Depp is one of the best actors in Hollywood.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#13 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

And you have suddenly found yourself on my good side, Revan!

They're showing the trialer before Narnia? Rock! That means I'll be able to see it on a movie screen instead of a tiny little window this week.

XD

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

they've nearly finished making 3.

#15 User is offline   Blackwolf Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Mar 16 2005, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear that the official plot outline for Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, set for summer 2006 (around the same month as Superman Returns or so I've heard), is this:

Jack Sparrow has another supernatural curse against him, and if he doesn't find a way to break it, his soul will be claimed by the Flying Dutchman and he'll be dragged down to Davy Jones's locker (or something like that). Jack needs help to break the curse and he enlists the help of the lovably androgynous Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knigthley) just as Will and Liz are about to get married. More good natured, wink-at-the-audience chaos and mayhem ensues.

Whether or not the sequel will be any good remains to be seen.

Well, as you may or may not know, your Dragonmaster's parent company, Electric Pirates Enntertainment, was spawned by Master Richard's passion for Roman Polanski's comedy swashbuckler, Pirates, starring Walter Matthau as Captain Thomas Bartholomew Red. That was July 1986, nearly 20 years ago. Somewhere in cyberspace, a Mortal dwells who, like Richard, was as hot for Captain Red as he was himself.

Meanwhile, I am indeed up for Dead Men's Chest. I can hardly wait!

Master Blackwolf

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size