Chefelf.com Night Life: Crappy Day II: The Sequel - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Crappy Day II: The Sequel Thursday, September 28, 2006

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Last week I had crappy day of anguish and lackluster customer service. Well, it's Thursday again and why not follow that up with another round of the same shoddy and ineffective "service" from the same people I worked with last week?

My mail carrier, once again, failed to figure out how to fit a package the size of a paperback book into our adequately sized mailbox. So I scheduled a redelivery for this morning. Then what happened was the package came just as expected and everything was just great.

Just kidding!

What happened was that the post office came by and rang my buzzer. I went over to the door and answered on the intercom, "Yeees?" "Post office," came the response. "Come in," I replied and buzzed the mail carrier in.

I waited for a few seconds, then minutes before I realized that the mail carrier was still not at my door which is no more than ten seconds form the front door of the building. After a few more minutes I stuck my head out the door, poked around and couldn't find any sign of the mail carrier.

That's right. The mail carrier was here. He/she/it had my package. But they apparently either got bored, couldn't find my apartment or just simply didn't want me to have the contents of the package at all.

I'd be lying if I said that this event surprised me at all. I've resigned myself to the fact that my local post office will quite be able to get a grasp on how to deliver anything properly to me.

The follow up to this was a call to my doctor to try to get my prescription. My doctor's office had contacted my insurance company which decided to ignore its preferences that I not take medicine that was expensive and allow me to get the prescription. Well, the pharmacy had a different idea. Apparently the woman at the pharmacy (who regularly engages in obscenities on the phone and, last week, was going on a religious tirade and denouncing homosexuality) didn't care that my insurance company was authorizing anything. A fight ensued between my doctor's office and the foul-mouthed bigot who runs the supervisor and the end result is that I can't get my medicine.

That's right. No medicine for me. Why? My doctor tried to give the authorization code to the pharmacy but they refused to hear it. They didn't even want to listen to what it might be because the pharmacist was apparently too busy dropping F-bombs while talking about how the world would be better if 1.) everyone was a fanatic Christian like herself and 2.) there were no gay people. They actually hung up on my doctor and refused to even try the confirmation code which my doctor informs me will approve me for the prescription for a calendar year.

So, yes. One week later and I'm no better off than I was at this point last week. The same people seem to be hell bent on making sure that all my leisure time is spent on the phone pressing my way through an endless phone system and speaking to people who have no desire at all to attempt to help me in any way.

I just can't wait for next week!
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:44 PM

You know what cures people of Total Asshole Disease (TAD) like that woman has? A railroad spike to the forehead. Sorry to hear that the entire world is still incompetent, Chef... I guess I won't leave my apartment for another week.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

I live in an incompetent place but not in the areas of the Post Office. The incompetence about the christian thing sounds so much to me like the car insurance companies with their biased statistics and age restrictions.

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

Is there any hope for humanity?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

What a crack pot!
the service at that pharmacy is awful they should NOT be pushing religious beliefs on you.
but i've been there, i went to the dentist only to have the hygenist go on and on about how we have to take care of our imortal and reach a place of Nirvana.
yeeeah... i was more interested in the blood gushing out of my mouth, but thanks (note to self; floss more).
and the post office sure their crabby and obnoxious but at least u get 'service' i can't go to my post office without someone ducking into the back pretenting to be to busy to help and hoping i won't notice they're hiding.
so all in all i agre,e customer service sucks! but and there has to be hope for humanity cuz if not the we are in trouble.

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#6 User is offline   Blackwolf Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Poor, dear Chefelf! Well, this ought to cheer ye up: namely, a certain Dragonmaster here and now would like ye to answer the summons to Fort Tryon Park this coming Sunday afternoon, October 8th. Aye, it be Medieval Festival time! Not only will you be seeing me, my fellow Mage Merdwin the Mediocre, the New York Scottish Pipes, Drums & Dancers, you'll also see Newcastle Infantrie's Barbarians, the Crimson Pirates, Philip Hole, the Singing Gravedigger, 3 Pints Shy --- and so much more!

And my special guests will be members of the Royal Court of the Kingdom of Shiabruck --- fresh from their Castle in Owosso, Michigan! Won't that be marvelous?

You, dear Chefelf, will be so busy spotting celebrities that you won't know what to do with yourself. So I strongly urge ye to prepare accordingly!

('Nuff said.)

Master Blackwolf

This post has been edited by Blackwolf: 29 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

#7 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

Chefelf, cant you go to a different pharmacy? Do the pharmacy folks have managers or something you can complain too?

Were I in your shoes, I would probably deal with the situation by causing a big scene and threatening to call my lawyer who, of course, does not exist. Most people don’t like confrontation and will treat you a little better if you threaten to use voodoo on them. Whatever you do, make sure violence is involved somehow.

#8 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, break two of your own fingers, just to show how serious you are. happy.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

Closure occurred today @ 2:30PM when my package finally arrived. I was delighted! To think you could get a package in less time than it would take to walk to the place of origin, pick up the package and then return home!

Ain't modern technology grand?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size