Chefelf.com Night Life: cop threatens to 'blow' 7 year old girls 'brains out' - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

cop threatens to 'blow' 7 year old girls 'brains out' Wednesday, 20 September 2006 9:26:54 AM Media Kit

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

note: sorrry about the length of this one, but theree was nothing i could really cut out.

Officer draws weapon on 7-year-old girl
Mother, daughters stopped on way to Pee Wee League football game

What was supposed to be a typical drive through a peaceful Shadyside neighborhood, turned into a standoff with a police officer threatening the life of a 7-year old girl, according one local mother.

Pamela Lawton of the Hill District said on Aug. 26, she was on her way to Homewood for a Pee Wee League football game with her two daughters, 7-year old Joshalyn, 8-year old Jasmine, and two other children ages 2 and 3. She said she was driving her green, 1998 Ford Windstar and was approaching the intersection at Kentucky Street and Negley Avenue when a Pittsburgh Police cruiser signaled for her to pull over.

“He was flying up behind me and I stopped immediately because I wanted to stay in view,” said Lawton. “I felt like there was something wrong—why would he fly up behind me like that? Plus, I had my kids in the car so it kind of scared me.”

What Lawton said happened next was beyond anything her initial fears predicted.

“I said, ‘What’s the problem, officer?’ and he said ‘Get your hands up,’” wrote Lawton in a prepared statement. “He repeated, pulled out his gun and pointed into the passenger side of the window where my youngest daughter was trying to get her seatbelt off. So, I put my hands up.”

According to Lawton, she and her children spent the next 20 to 30 minutes trying to convince Officer Eric Tatusko to put his weapon down or to at least go to the driver’s side to address the problem with the only adult in the car.

“The children were in the car screaming and crying,” she wrote. “My hands were still in the air and I was screaming ‘Help, someone help!’ over and over again.”

Florence Williams, a resident at the Kitley House Senior Center on Kentucky Street, said she didn’t see everything that happened that morning, but she knows she heard the cries for help.

“I happened to hear somebody screaming and I came to my porch,” Williams said. “I don’t know what the cop was doing because he was on the other side, but she had her arms out the door and she was hollering ‘Please, somebody help me.’”

During this time, Lawton says Tatusko refused to take her identification, never told her why she was stopped and never left the passenger side of the vehicle. She said at one point the officer got so angry he cocked his gun and said if Joshalyn moved again he would “blow her brains out.”

“He clicked the thing back and then he turned off his radio,” said Jasmine. “I was like ‘He’s going to kill us.’”

“Me and the babies were crying and (Jasmine) jumped over me for my life, and I thank my sister for doing that,” said Joshalyn.

A witness at the scene said Tatusko kept his gun drawn at the passenger side window until more officers came to the scene and told him to drop the weapon.

“When I turned the corner, there were 10 police cars and (Lawton) was in the middle,” said Rick Hill, an employee of Shadyside Nursing Rehab on Kentucky Avenue. “I heard her hollering for help and she had her hands out the window and everything. The cop already had his gun, not on her, but on the other side. When I looked in there she had kids. One cop said ‘If the kids move again, we will shoot.’”

Hill, who left a frantic voice message on Lawton’s sister’s phone during the standoff, said that once more officers arrived, they searched the vehicle for a weapon and found nothing. He also said Tatusko, who was not available for comment, was told to get into another vehicle and leave the scene.

Since that day, Lawton says she has struggled to come to terms with what happened to her family. The Shuman Center employee and former nurse, who changed careers to become part of the law enforcement community, said she doesn’t understand why she was treated as she was before, during and after the standoff. From the time she was pulled over to when she said police Lt. Cindy Windsor told her to shut up or ‘You’re going to jail and your kids are going to CYF,’ Lawton believes she and her children were treated worse than most criminals.

Lt. Windsor declined to comment other than to say that she was off of work that day. Tammy Ewin, spokesperson for the Pittsburgh Police, also declined to comment because of the case’s status with the CPRB.

As it was, Lawton ended up being cited for an insurance violation. She was fined and her car was towed, but according to her, the ultimate cost has already been paid with her daughters’ security and peace of mind.

“Your inspection can be wrong, your license can be wrong, there’s no reason for (police) to come to the passenger side and pull a gun out and aim it through the window of a 7-year old,” she said.

“I can’t even sleep at night, I just think about it every day,” said Joshalyn. “They got it deep in my mind. “He was talking to me the whole time.”

http://newpittsburgh...rticles/36017/1

ah, huh... ohmy.gif

so, two handy hints for not pissing off the cops in the US.
1. don't ask for directions.
2. don't be a 7 year old black girl.

nice, real nice.

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

3. Don't interrupt their donut break... or they do go nuts.

It seems to me they are getting a pleasure out of ill treating people like that.

#3 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

What's especially weird is that nobody seems to be saying that the policeman was crazy/committing a crime.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#4 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:42 PM

It's out of control here in Florida. Cops around here will taze the Hell out of anyone, for anything!

There was this drunk dude with his buddy outside of a bar, and he was taking a leak on some guys van, and the cops pulled up and demanded that he put his penis away. The guy was still peeing, he had like six beers. And the cop got really fed up with how long it was taking the guy to pee, and so he pulled out his tazer and fried the kid, with his penis out! The kid didn't go down, so the cop tazed another round into him and pee is flying everywhere!

I know it sounds funny, but cops around here lately are just doing anything for kicks, or just taking out their hostilities on civilians. It's getting out of control.

Just recently, the cops set a speed trap for this giant of a black man and it took 13 officers to finally subdue this guy. He was massive! The news shows this crap everyday here in Florida. Most of which is just cops getting too carried away in the heat of an arrest.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

None of this would be happening if the Panthers were still around.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

I keep reading about this sort of thing, and it's on the increase here in Vancouver too (well, not as bad as pulling a gun on a 7-year-old, but pretty bad sometimes). I don't know about the Panthers, but yeah, we need some sort of left-wing reaction to reactionary police activity. We're giving ourselves over to a police state, and the world has already shown us how that works. For a while the Conservatives are happy because everything runs peacefully, and then suddenly something explodes, literally, and there are murders. Lots of them. I'd rather not see that around here, and no, I'm not moving.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#7 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:38 AM

Ummm, perhaps the girl was a werewolf, and Tatusko is part of the secret werewolf hunting unit, armed with silver bullets and knives? It's the only possible explanation I can think of.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 20 September 2006 - 03:39 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#8 User is offline   Grinov Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (yukai_ondori @ Sep 20 2006, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was this drunk dude with his buddy outside of a bar, and he was taking a leak on some guys van, and the cops pulled up and demanded that he put his penis away. The guy was still peeing, he had like six beers. And the cop got really fed up with how long it was taking the guy to pee, and so he pulled out his tazer and fried the kid, with his penis out! The kid didn't go down, so the cop tazed another round into him and pee is flying everywhere!

laugh.gif crying.gif That is the funniest and saddest thing I have ever heard.

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Sep 20 2006, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blacks in America do not need the Black Panthers, if there is a wrong doing there will be justice, that’s what the L.A riots were about.

#9 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Sep 20 2006, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm, perhaps the girl was a werewolf, and Tatusko is part of the secret werewolf hunting unit, armed with silver bullets and knives? It's the only possible explanation I can think of.

That really is the most logical explanation. unsure.gif Chilling.

#10 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Sep 20 2006, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or maybe the girl was part of a top secret kids crime ring, smuggling alphabet blocks across the street into some other house.

QUOTE (JM)

Really? I'd think it would still happen, but something would happen back.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 20 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#11 User is offline   Wayne Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

I was expecting some twist in the story, like in that urban legend where the guy in the truck follows that girl with a killer in the back of her car and she gets really freaked out... but I guess not. Thats just disgusting.
And we want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man! And we want to get loaded!

#12 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

Well, we're missing the cop's side of the story, and it would probably go like this: She got pulled over for a good reason, and started talking crazy smack to him, and then the kids started screaming, and then she yelled some more, and he lost his cool and pulled his gun. The way she tells it he just pulled his gun and started acting crazy, but of course there's no excuse for a cop to pull a gun that does not involve at least a knife, but preferably another gun. Cops are powertripping assholes, and are not hired for their ability to keep their cool.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#13 User is offline   Grinov Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Sep 21 2006, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cops are powertripping assholes, and are not hired for their ability to keep their cool.

I’ve never heard of Police officers doing such things anywhere outside of the United States.

#14 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Cheto @ Sep 21 2006, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I’ve never heard of Police officers doing such things anywhere outside of the United States.

You've NEVER heard of police or authority figures along those lines abusing their power ANYWHERE else in the world?

Really?

#15 User is offline   Grinov Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (MyPantsAreOnFire @ Sep 21 2006, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've NEVER heard of police or authority figures along those lines abusing their power ANYWHERE else in the world?

Really?

Ofcourse I have, but I haven’t heard of a Police Officer putting their gun to the heads of children outside of the United States.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size