Chefelf.com Night Life: Space Balls - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Space Balls the new one

#1 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hey, has anybody heard anything about them making a new Space Balls movie - spoofing the PT? I have heard a few rumors but cant find anything about it.

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

Apparently they changed the writing into an animated series instead of doing a movie and it's going to premier in 2007 on the dreaded G4 network.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0870980/
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

mellow.gif sad.gif angry.gif

How disappointing.

#4 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

Yeah. I was looking forward to "The Search For More Money"...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#5 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

I can't be alone in thinking that much of the original one is shit, am I? Yes, it has several brilliantly funny scenes/lines, but when I tried watching it again a couple years ago I found at least an hour of it to be dreadful.

#6 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

I found the entire movie hilarious. Some of it is deliberately dreadful, but that's part of Brooks' charm. He knows he's making a terrible joke. *Shrug* To each his own.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#7 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Oct 5 2006, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently they changed the writing into an animated series instead of doing a movie and it's going to premier in 2007 on the dreaded G4 network.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0870980/

What's wrong with G4? Besides the constant showing of video games stuff? The only thing I noticed about G4 is they cut back on the showing of Star Trek: TNG. I don't really think there should be a Spaceball spoof because, seriously, who needs to spoof the prequels? I think George Lucas did a good job there himself. I still like them but there are times I watch them with a friend and we both start laughing. Especially when Obi-Wan says, "I've got the high ground Annie." I mean, no spoof required. biggrin.gif
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size