Chefelf.com Night Life: Yahtzee Takes on the Universe - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Yahtzee Takes on the Universe Will there ever be a sequel to Yahtzee Takes on the World?

#16 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

I'm returning after reading your posts and crying by myself locked in a closet for two hours and I was thinking...
I'm not THAT funny (not all the time, anyway) and I can't draw life Yahtzee to save my life, but I do consider myself something of an amateur writer... I am currently working on a writing gig down at Big Blue Cup, so...
Anyway, what about a team effort? I would write the main, serious plot, someone would squeeze in the jokes, and someone would draw the strips. Anyone? Come on, you know you want to...

Ah, and by the way, I think it would be all the more funny if Somerset and Yahtzee do meet. Yahtzee would something along the lines of "Have we met?" first thing they see eachother. I don't want to bring in the entire Days universe, but Somerset just kinda fits... And how about Jim, Penfold and Jam meet with Yahtzee & Co.? Jim did run away from Rose, so maybe he became a space pirate? And Rose could turn up too...

Ah, and by the way AGAIN, I too would want to see a sequel to Notes (hopefully point'n'click) before another webcomic. Hey, I don't want to kill Yahtzee with too much work, he's a rare commodity...

And for now, after some counting, ONE PUPPY WILL DIE!
Thanks to you!
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#17 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

NOOOOOO!

Yahtzee, if you read all this, and decide to go on a killing rampage among forumers who keep missing the point, please bear in mind that I disagree with them 100%.

#18 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

... I think that's the wrong approach, Mr. Kyo.

Mr. Yahtzee might turn all his aggression and bloodlust into the best sequel we've seen so far - sure that you want to disagree?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#19 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

By and large, murderous bloodlust does not equate to skillful coding, or brilliant scriptwriting. It does lead to hilariously gory death, but that's about it.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#20 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

And don't kill me either, I dont' even know what we're talking about.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#21 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

#22 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

I think I just glimpsed Yahtzee's brain, and it was riddled with pain. I'll never post smacktardation on his forum, ever again.

#23 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

For the universes thingy: Sure both universe works perfectly independantly and you don't need to play one game series to fully understand the other series, however, Yahtzee seems to enjoy puting hints to other universes in some of his games, probably to create some sort of amazingly big universe where in the end everything to a certain extend is canon, like Lovecraft and his buddies did with the Cthulhu mythos, where to a certain extend, the Conan The Barbarian book series is canon with Lovecraft's Cthulhu stuff, even if you don't need to read all the books to enjoy and understand everything.

Like I said on another post on another thread, the Earth Federation is both mentionned in 7DaS and in the Yahtzee's timeline, particuliary in Poseidon 12. And strange coincidence, "Mankind has moved on from mother Earth" can be read in the readme.txt file of 7DaS, I wonder why they had to move. Oh yeah, and Yahtzee saying the game take place more or less 40 years after P12 in the comentary of 7DaS SE. The same kind of hints were put here and there in 7Das and TN to get the Trilby's timeline tied with the Chris Quinn's timeline. Same thing with 1213 and this commercial cyberpunk game Yahtzee is working on with Gridwerx.

Yes, all universes are independants and you don't need to play them all to enjoy them but there's more if you dare to dig deeper. As for why Yahtzee and Somerset can't meet, there's 345 years separating YTOTW and 7DaS.

For the skirt issue now: That big sissy of Kratos in God of War is wearing a damn skirt, same for Spartan and the whole roman army in Spartan Total Warrior. And that other wussy in Diablo 2 that eventually managed to slay the 3 prime demons countless of time in all the time I wasted on that game. And don't forget the lumberjacks. If you got something against baddass manly men wearing skirts while unleashing the fury over countless of foe, say it now. cool.gif

But I understand there's still people born in the 80s who needs to wear fur thongs like Conan did to feel manly. wink.gif

#24 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:59 AM

I hate you people all so much.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#25 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:18 AM

wub.gif now they finally konw.

#26 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:00 AM

Mr. Yahtzee!

Good shitty fuck!

I don't fucking believe it!

The God himself posted in MY thread.

I feel so intoxicated that the puppy count will go down now...

Right then. After almost drowning myself in cold water (yes, I know you all feel bad that I didn't finish the job properly) I have come back to my senses. On with the puppy slaughtering!

Ok, but first lets clarify: sure wear a fucking skirt, I don't mind. I just wanted to know, BECAUSE so many men wear skirts these days I just can't fucking tell. So fucking sew me!

Right then mr. ohmygodohmygodohmygoditsyahtzee Yahtzee, I've been just wondering... Is there even a teeny tiny wee lil' bit that YTOTW will be continued?

PS: I wear trousers.

This post has been edited by Dan_N_GameZ: 07 September 2006 - 07:12 AM

"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#27 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

Stop talking. Just, please, stop talking.

#28 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:01 AM

Dan, you might want to try the decaf brands, they taste just as good as the real thing.

#29 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

Actually doctor David-Kyo, I admit that I get pissed when I DON'T have caffeine in my system. Therefor, I am now PISSED. Just wanted to clarify that.

Right then. I FUCKING GIVE UP. Puppies will die! You lot have shattered my dreams, my hopes... A part of me has now DIED. Gee, thanks.

I'm tossing this out the fucking window. I don't give a fuck anymore.
You lot and even Yahtzee himself have proved me wrong. Nobody wants the continuing of the plot. No-fucking-body. And now, my pissed-off meter is way up in the clouds. But, through the magic of 3D Shooters, I have calmed down. A bit. Not really.

So whatever.

PS: I still wear trousers.

My Last.FM profile.

#30 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

And the time at which I would like you to stop talking, is now.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size