Chefelf.com Night Life: Yahtzee Takes on the Universe - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Yahtzee Takes on the Universe Will there ever be a sequel to Yahtzee Takes on the World?

#1 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

Now then, some time ago, before basking in the glamour and comedy that are the fullyramblomatic archives, I read, with much interest might I add, Yahtzee Takes on the World, a web coming made by our very own god and my role-model, George Lucas. Hardy fucking hardy-har! That was funny. Now, seriously *snicker* it was made by Yahtzee (as if you were retarded enough not to deduce that). Now, far be it from me to bother "the master" but what about continuing the epic? Yahtzee once said he did not like to leave loose ends. Well there a pretty fucking big one right there! Supposedly, the crew we all know and love (Rob, Paul, Ludova, the mad scientist whose name escapes me right now and of course, Yahtzee) went out into space after making a very bigass mistake with a time bomb that blew up the Earth. But also, Yahtzee's various nemeses (nemesises?) went into space too. And then... the end. So what the fuck happened next? I dunno? Do you?
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#2 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

I know I know... It's wrong to double post, but I couldn't modify the previous post so I had to reply. I hadn't posted the objective of this topic and that is (in the hope that Yahtzee'll see this): will a sequel be made? I know Yahtzee is busy with Cris and Trilby, but how a comunity-made thing. Hell, I'd make it! But I'm known for not being funny all the time, (although even showing myself lint will make me burst into a laughing fit) but then again, I would run the strips by Yahtzee of course, but then again, where the fuck am I gonna host it?! So, I was thinking, and I've already got many ideeas, mainly Yahtzee and his crew meeting John Somerset, the crew from the Elaborate Gesture and other flim-flammery. So, to show THE MAN that someone would still read it... Let's join hands fellow Yahtzee followers! By posting! Oh, yeah! What are YOUR thoughts on the matter at hand.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I have met only a few (and I mean A FEW) strips of YTOTW that I didn't get, but the rest just threw me in fit of convulsionary laughter! Laughter, I say! A- au, fuck! Is this hopeless? Would someone at least fucking tell it to my face?
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#3 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

Alright, I'll fucking tell it to your face.

When you put it like that, it's a definite yes.

#4 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

I think we all cried like sissy when we saw it was already the end. But when I daydream about YTOTU, my mind has not made its decision yet, choosing between another hillarous webcomic or some sort of GFW gone bad is a bit hard. As for your Somerset idea, I have no idea which Somerset you're talking about, but if it's the one from 7DaS, this one was -300yo when Yahtzee roamed freely in the universe. I hope time travel is another of your plans.

This post has been edited by Blueskirt: 04 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

#5 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:14 AM

I think it is good as it is now. The loose ends give opportunities for other things, i.e. games, fan fiction (I mean good quality fan fiction), and the liberty for you to extend the storyline in your mind however you prefer.
And anyway, you don't want to see guilt trips from an over-worked but under-donated Yahtzee, do you? happy.gif Because I think that reviving Chris & Trilby (even though the updates have dwindled a bit), working on the last part of the X Days a Sauerkraut saga PLUS having to lead a life wink.gif can be very taxing, even for a genius like Yahtzee, as you can see it on the most recent update.

#6 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:23 AM

David-kyo: No, you know what I think has happened to him?
He once said that once you are in their sights they make you one of them. I would come slowly. And it has! The recent update proves this!
It's terribly wrong! Wrong I tell you!
Soon, there will an update a month, then every two months, then every SIX months! Then, none at all...
A little part of me will die that day. No, screw that, a big fucking chunk of me will die that day!

Blueskirt (geez, I hope you're a girl 'cause I hate calling guys that!): Yes, I was reffering to John Somerset from 7DAS. And when the fuck did he meet Somerset?!

AdamM: That's the atitude! Be blunt, just tell it to my face. Good job!

All: So from where do we go now? Huh? Something must be done. If Yahtzee had any intetions of continuing YTOTW, he would at least hint, or would've done something by now. It's been four fucking years!

My Last.FM profile.

#7 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:29 AM

He kind of said that he wasted precious time of his life on that comic and was rather glad to end it there.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#8 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Sep 5 2006, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He kind of said that he wasted precious time of his life on that comic and was rather glad to end it there.

Aha!
But you see, he did not end it. Not properly. He just left it hanging in mid-air, or mid-space. That is not an ending that is a new beginning! And I'm not saying he should make it a daily thing, maybe a two-times a weeker, or something.

This post has been edited by Dan_N_GameZ: 05 September 2006 - 05:34 AM

My Last.FM profile.

#9 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

I'd much rather that he'd focus his energy, that's left behind after life and work, on projects that genuinely interest him instead of some fanpleasing schlop that will only make him hate us oh so much more. Plus, his recent work is much more interesting than YTOTW ever was or could've been.

#10 User is offline   Millitant Pacifist Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

I'd rather a sequel to Trilby's Notes than for YTOTW to continue. Sure, there's loose ends, but there's also an ending. Wanting it to continue indefinately and still be just as funny is unrealistic. Let it die in peace. If Yahtzee wants to continue it, he will.
Use [rifle] on [clocktower].

#11 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

But he probably won't, so try and live with that thought.

#12 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

To this I have but two words to say:
1. Fuck.
2. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Alrighty then...
I'm dealing with it, but I part of me just died today!
But remeber, every time you remind me that YTOTW won't be picked up by Yahtzee... A PUPPY DIES!

Well, anyway, I grasp the fact that a comic just can't go on forever and still be funny, but I wouldn't be bitching about it had a different ending. If an entire panel would've said: "And then they died. All of them." then fine. That's great. Bring on Chris & Trilby! But as long as it is hanging, I'll bitching about it. Maybe Yahtzee could do 2-3 more strips to tie things down. Or write an ending (as an UPDATE, if anyone can remeber that term) or something.
How about a fan-made strip?

My Last.FM profile.

#13 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

For Christ's sake calm it. It's just a bloody comic, and they all have to end sometime. Yahtzee, while he created an amusing underdog, was hardly going to come up with the next Penny Arcade. As for Somerset, he won't meet Yahtz & Co not merely because of the time issue, but because he does not exist in the same Yahtzeeverse. There are 2: '5 Days' and 'Rob Blanc'. He is in 5 Days. I mean, the earth was fucking blown up and the human race taken into the care of aliens. But in 7 Days they're still waiting for first contact? Your postulate is incorrect.

Now that we've cleared that up, I'd like to hear more about your propensity to call people Blueskirt.

#14 User is offline   Zazzo Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

YTOTW rocked and it was horrible that it ended (although at least it had an awesome ending, unlike other stories he's written and just dribbled off). I wish there were more.

I'm not sure if anybody could perfectly replicate Yahtzee's humour and mspaint drawing style, but if you want to make fan comics I say go for it. I could help you with hosting, or you could just make a thread here and see if yahtzee burns it (although I guess you'd need hosting for the images), or find free hosting at any of many varied sites (google has lots of crummy hosts and a few gems, but anything works).

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:43 AM

From memory, there was a thread in the old forums about the ending of YTOTW, where it was decided between both Yahtzee and the then forum members that it wa best to wrap the comic up before it jumped the shark. The ending was bittersweet. Sure, they never got to take over the world, but then there was a whole galaxy to conquor. Leave it to your imagination.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size