Chefelf.com Night Life: plz yahtzee take this into consideration for the next game plz - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

plz yahtzee take this into consideration for the next game plz

#1 User is offline   invalid Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

ok, What I loved about Trilby series is that they're FULL of mystery and unexplainable things etc.
but there's something about Trilby notes, you made the Tall Man speak at the end that's critical mistake imho because now to me and to other players he's not mysterious anymore, I mean the guy spoke blink.gif

and if you gonna take us in a tour around Ethereal Realm in the next game then that would ruin the whole thing

yet again, the game is ultimate, masterpiece, seriously this is the best game I've ever played in years and it's only 3MB, dude you're ultimate everyone knows that biggrin.gif

EDIT: the diminsion switch reminds me of Silent Hill, but in a more perfect way, well done

This post has been edited by invalid: 03 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:11 AM

The tall man spoke? huh.gif *runs off to play it once more*

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   invalid Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Sep 4 2006, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tall man spoke? huh.gif *runs off to play it once more*

yep, through lenkmann

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:14 AM

Oh. I thought it was the Lenk-man himself who spoke, just like the navigator's head in Monkey Island.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:51 AM

Hmm, to me it was evident that Lenkmann filled the role of a microphone for Cabadath, although he rather reminded me of a ventroliquist's puppet.

#6 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:47 AM

What do I expect for the nex game? Hmmmmm....

- Answers: We had 3 games full of mistery. Now its time to tell us whats up.

- Terror: we want adrenaline. We want to rip off our nails using our teeth. We want danger, chases, bloody villains and harmless pretty ladies being ripped. Hmmm... I want to save one or two of them...

- Comedy: Its a terror game, ok, but some jokes here and then are necessary to cool down sometimes. Humour is fullyramblomatic trademark, and Yahzee makes it very well.

- Puzzles: I noticed that some guys finished the game in 24 hours or less. Thats not good. The guy that downloads the game has to hit his head hard on the wall to end it. The puzzles must not be frustating, they must be LOGICAL, but not too obvious. Ok, ok, ok, I wont tell Yaz how to do his job.

If all those requirements are met, we gonna have months of forum conversation.

This post has been edited by Nostaw: 04 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

#7 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (invalid @ Sep 4 2006, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but there's something about Trilby notes, you made the Tall Man speak at the end that's critical mistake imho because now to me and to other players he's not mysterious anymore, I mean the guy spoke blink.gif

No way! I loved the atmosphere he created. As we've seen from what he'd done, the Tall Man is a psychopath, and that combined with the cool, logical, counting nature he expresses at the end by what he says makes up a great dual personality aching to express itself some more in the sequel.

#8 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Red Dwarf, AGS, programming in VB, Yahtzee etc.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

I concurr with dr. David-kyo. Yahtzee does good what he does. So he must keep on doing just that. Go Yahtzee! I'm cherrin' for ya!

By the way, if I remember well (from a couple of months ago) 5DAS had some humour in the form of some sarcastic comments made by Trilby. Don't remember anything of that nature in 7DAS or Notes. But then again, Notes was notably more sinister and more dark.

Far be it from me to tell Yahtz how to do the voodoo that he does so well, but some jokes here and there would be welcomed. Just look at Beneath a Steel Sky, although the world arround them was pretty much fucked up REAL bad, Foster and Joey still poked fun. (and to know what the hell I'm talking about, play the damned game, it's freeware now)
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#9 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:54 AM

There were jokes in both 7 Days and Notes. In 7 Days, look around the elevator at that "harbinger" scene where you pick up the machete clogged into it, in Notes, crack the safe open in the room behind the lobby counter. And there were more, they're just a bit more subtle than in 5 Days. I guess Yahtzee matured a bit since then as well. But if you look at the base situation, there are more opportunities to joke around in a haunted house with 3-4 other people, than alone in some horror hotel packed with hideously tortured bodies.

#10 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Sep 5 2006, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in Notes, crack the safe open in the room behind the lobby counter

Oh, yeah, right, I remember! He opened the safe and it was empty. That was funny.
there are more opportunities to joke around in a haunted house with 3-4 other people, than alone in some horror hotel packed with hideously tortured bodies.

Yes, but what about dark, sadistic humour. I find that amusing. Let's say, he finds a man with his right arm cut off. He could say something along "Yikes, I hope he was left-handed." or something...
"Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back, in one o' dose TOP SECRET LAB-MOTORIES de gubbnint keep stashed away underneath Virginia, an EVIL PRINCE, occasion'ly employed as a part-time THEATRICAL CRITICIZER set to woikin' on a plot fo de systematic GENOCIDICAL REMOVE'LANCE of all unwanted highly-rhythmic individj'lls an' sissy-boys!" (Prologue, Thing-Fish)

Quoting other forumers in your signature seems to be the latest craze around here...

My Last.FM profile.

#11 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

I think that would be totally BAD BAD BAD it'd kill the scary atmosphere. Don't forget that the messages shown in the game are taken from reports to Trilby's superiors, you can't fill those with necrophiliac jokes.

EDIT: Besides, Trilby isn't a sadistic fuck, he has a cold, calculating nature. That's irreconcilable with such jokes, and anyway, they wouldn't even be really funny.
They'd tire me out quickly, at least. Many of us have played shitty adventure games before, right? Sometimes, such forced, immature jokes are the cause of the 'shitty' adjective.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 05 September 2006 - 08:15 AM

#12 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Amiel was a beaultiful young lady that lived in the ancient celtic region. She loved her happy life. She loved her parents, her cattle and her Island, the Clanbronwyn Island. But, above all of this, she loved her husband, the powerful sorcerer Cabadath. She knew that no one in the island respected him, for he was a fundamentalist, but she didn't care. Her father, who was also a sorcerer, approved Cabadath and that was all she wanted.
Cabadath also loved her very much. His love for her was so great that he could forget all and any pain only by seeing her.
Her life was really very joyful, until the day the invaders arrived. When the roman ships landed on the coast, her father was volunteer to fight them with his powers. She wanted to be with her father but she also wanted to be with her husband.

" The is no need to worry, my precious", Cabadath said , "I will summon Chzo, a powerful demon, within one week. Go there to bring your father back, so he can see the defeat of the invaders by my hands."

And so happened. She went to the south coast to bring her father to her house, where, she thought, he would be safe. But she did not return.

One week later, a friend of Cabadath brought him bad news... ( we know this part, so Ill skip it)
Amiel found only ruins where once was the village where her father lived. But somehow, his hut was intact. She entered and found him, smiling at her.

" I am very sorry, my daughter. Our magic could not defeat them. They are many and they are very brave. But I used my invisibility spell to hide this hut. Everything is lost now... but I am glad to see you." And she told him everything.... (To be continued)

#13 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Looking forward to inconsistencies between your short story and the next game! happy.gif

#14 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, fan-fictioning things in the middle of the story is kind of... you know? huh.gif

#15 User is offline   Dan_N_GameZ Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

Alrighty, it seems I must give a reality check...

I'm pretty sure Yahtzee will choose to ingore this thread. Why? 'Cause the title contains "plz". Not once, but twice even! This is regarded as smacktard behavior and will not be supported by Yahtzee*.

*Disclaimer: this is not entirely 100% sure, so dream on!

This has been a reality check by dr. Dan. Thank you.

My Last.FM profile.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size