Chefelf.com Night Life: Padme Thinks Her Genocidal Boyfriend Is Hot - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Padme Thinks Her Genocidal Boyfriend Is Hot Hence, no quarrel with him wiping out the Sandpeople

#31 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (parcelbombsmurf @ May 9 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
she's like any other girl i.e. wanting to get ravaged by a genocidal Jedi or other evil powerful man.

Thats what I'm talkin about. wink.gif

#32 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (parcelbombsmurf @ May 9 2007, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see how genocidal hatred might portray confidence, right?

Eva Braun and Hitler. Padme and Annie. I see it.

First (1), Anakin must really think he's important if he gets to decide who lives or dies in the desert. Second (2), he went out there all by himself and slaughtered a group of sentients who are quite skilled in war; in other words, he can get the job done.

So Anakin is the Decider. Gee who is this starting to sound like?

And third (3), he did it for his mom. Remember girls, look at how your man treats his mother for insight on how he will treat you.

... after he ignored his mom for twenty odd years, didn't even call, then let his Mum die in the desert to return at exactly the moment she carked it. I never bought Obi Ewan's line about "breaking all former attachments". Sounds a bit like priests. If the Emperor didn't shut down the Jedi Academy, then the laywers would when all the ex-Younglings sued for abuse.

To give a real world analogy, I work in criminal law. Every bad dude that comes through the court has some woman waiting for him in the audience. And it doesn't matter if it's first-degree murder or car theft. She is there supporting him in great fervor.

This is why there should be a test and licenses for breeding.

By the same token, I have a friend who is the nicest guy in the world (I'll put him against ANY of your nice guys)--he would never say the word genocide. He doesn't have a shot in the world with any girls I know.

He's going after the wrong sort of girl. In another ten years he'll work that out.

#33 User is offline   parcelbombsmurf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Aug 29 2006, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, yeah, I know, they put his mom on the rack and killed her, but when he told Padme he wiped out all the Sandpeople (well, the ones he was able to wipe out) and take out the women and children in addition to0 feeling good, Padme doesn't bat an eyelash, kinda like when he took out the younglings but could have gone back to the good guys since he was "a good person". Odd how the wiping out of an entire class of beings doesn't raise her suspicion, even when she was wearing the Bea Arthur outfit.

Explanation #2

Padme must've thought to herself: are Sand People really people? The nomenclature would appear to end the debate. However, to quote Anakin (who we all adore and respect): "they're more like animals." Isn't what Anakin did kind of like slaughtering cows or stepping on an ant hill? He seems to think so. And the Sand People sure didn't disprove his claim by treating Shmi as they did. If Padme was unconvinced of the humanity of these creatures, her failure to react might be a manifetation of her indecision.

Incidentally, when I was young, I used to think Sand People were grown-up Jawas.

#34 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (parcelbombsmurf @ May 11 2007, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Incidentally, when I was young, I used to think Sand People were grown-up Jawas.

You mean they're not!? ohmy.gif

#35 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Aug 29 2006, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, yeah, I know, they put his mom on the rack and killed her, but when he told Padme he wiped out all the Sandpeople (well, the ones he was able to wipe out) and take out the women and children in addition to0 feeling good, Padme doesn't bat an eyelash, kinda like when he took out the younglings but could have gone back to the good guys since he was "a good person". Odd how the wiping out of an entire class of beings doesn't raise her suspicion, even when she was wearing the Bea Arthur outfit.

Come to think of it, how the hell did she name the two things that plopped out of her when he was in a state of semi-shock? She must have nerves of steel, like a female Stalin or something.

#36 User is offline   Infernus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

Yeh this was a very sad decline for the character of Padme.
How could she NOT believe what Kenobi told her in ROTS when she was one of the very few who already had knowledge that Anakin had done something like this before?
The Stover novelisation makes it worse. Padme is always saying 'what is wrong, my love? You have always been sure of yourself..." Hello! Did she NOT see Attack of the Clones when it came out lol?

It is like she was a different person and had no sense left after she married him. The signs were there in front of her. Anakin was NOT husband material.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size