Chefelf.com Night Life: Padme Thinks Her Genocidal Boyfriend Is Hot - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Padme Thinks Her Genocidal Boyfriend Is Hot Hence, no quarrel with him wiping out the Sandpeople

#16 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:01 PM

Would have been cool if instead of killing his mom, it was the Jawas who stole Threepio's leg, sending him on a rampage to kill every one of them he could see. Utiini! Indeed.....

#17 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Aug 30 2006, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would have been cool if instead of killing his mom, it was the Jawas who stole Threepio's leg, sending him on a rampage to kill every one of them he could see. Utiini! Indeed.....

That would have been so cool!

THREEPIO: Don't try to stop me, Artoo! They're in for it this time!
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#18 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Post icon  Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Karig @ Aug 30 2006, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It occurred to me this morning that inconsistencies in the PT arise like this because Lucas had what was essentially a story about CHARACTER, but Lucas only worried about what should happen -- the PLOT -- and did not take the time to sit down and think about who the characters really were, where they came from, how they thought, how they reacted to problems or crises, or how they lived their lives. The PT story was supposed to be about the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, a story that requires that the writer concentrate on the characters. I don't think Lucas did that. I have an idea (not even a hypothesis, more like a vague guess) that Lucas is much more comfortable with fleshing out a plot (e.g., enemy attacks planet, queen calls for help, heroes arrive, heroes plan counterattack, heroes destroy enemy, queen rewards heroes in award ceremony) than in fleshing out his characters. I suspect that Lucas ultimately had only the vaguest of ideas as to why a relatively decent if whiny kid might eventually develop into an apparently remorseless monster who probably killed dozens or hundreds of people in his career (before his final salvation in ROTJ). Losing your mother, your pregnant bride, your place in the Jedi order, and your limbs might make you yearn for death, but before you can become a monster, I think you have to become convinced that other people are evil or for some reason deserve whatever horrible things you want to do to them. I haven't seen ROTS yet, but from what I've heard so far, Lucas doesn't really show Anakin going through this change in thinking.

OK, I'm rambling. I'll stop. cool.gif

Lucas doesn't care about fleshing out any of his characters, that's why perfectly good useable characters that are huge fan favorites such as Boba Fett and Darth Maul got little or no lines and screen time just to get killed off before they could contribute more to the series. What Lucas does is create visually striking characters that are on screen for 10 seconds and then hundreds of fans say, "Hey that guy's really cool, I'd like to see more of him"… only to be disappointed when said "really cool character" gets killed and they have to turn to expanded universe fare to have someone else other than George Lucas give them the rest of the story about the character that they came to care about just by a really neat visual alone.

#19 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Aug 29 2006, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, yeah, I know, they put his mom on the rack and killed her, but when he told Padme he wiped out all the Sandpeople (well, the ones he was able to wipe out) and take out the women and children in addition to0 feeling good, Padme doesn't bat an eyelash, kinda like when he took out the younglings but could have gone back to the good guys since he was "a good person". Odd how the wiping out of an entire class of beings doesn't raise her suspicion, even when she was wearing the Bea Arthur outfit.

thats cause Natalie Portman's acting is,..(ill be nice to her, since i am a star wars fan)... less than dedicated.

In TPM, during the scene when she reveals her decoy to Boss Nass,.Padme doesnt even change the pose of her eyebrows a slight angle. she delivers her lines with as much enthusiasm as a death row inmate being sent to the chair.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#20 User is offline   blueoceans Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

after reading much of these posts, it dawned on me that if you want to write your own story and avoid logical reasoning and heavy research, you should turn your attention to science fiction.

its best to write a science fiction novel if you dont know much about the real world, lack higher education, or are just to lazy to do any academic research to support the logistics of what your novel is about.

for example, if you wanted to write a murder mystery. you may want to research applicable laws; both state and federal, if within the context of your novel you had a judicial hearing where the accused took the stand.

in a sci-fi, you really dont have to research anything because you are creating this fictious realm yourself. there are no rules, except the ones you make up. this can further explain many loopholes in george lucas' writing, as many probe into gaps in his logic of why and why not certain things are the way they are.

loop holes?, or simply that lucas didnt write enough to explain his intent? you be the judge.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Karig @ Aug 29 2006, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anakin growls out with quivering lips

laugh.gif

"growl out" is an Australian bogan colloquialism for performing cunnilingus.

#22 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hey any guy that would kill
for me under the right circumstances
which is any circumstance
Is all-ll-lright

as long as he's hot ...
muscular helps too!
and of course he'd have to be crazy
that is a necessary requirement

I coulda handled Anakin
No Problem what-so-ever.
Padme was weak
Thats why she died

Plain and simple

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#23 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (TruJade @ Apr 11 2007, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and of course he'd have to be crazy

Yesh! wacko.gif

muscular helps too!

Uhh... yesh!

as long as he's hot ...

No! pinch.gif

Aww... crying.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#24 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

ahhhhh........

Me sorry crying.gif

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#25 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 11 2007, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"growl out" is an Australian bogan colloquialism for performing cunnilingus.

Never Heard of it. Damn you New South Welshmen are perverted! ;-)

This post has been edited by Toru-chan: 14 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Apr 14 2007, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never Heard of it. Damn you New South Welshmen are perverted! ;-)

its more towards sydneys western suburbs that the term is used.

#27 User is offline   parcelbombsmurf Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Aug 29 2006, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, yeah, I know, they put his mom on the rack and killed her, but when he told Padme he wiped out all the Sandpeople (well, the ones he was able to wipe out) and take out the women and children in addition to0 feeling good, Padme doesn't bat an eyelash, kinda like when he took out the younglings but could have gone back to the good guys since he was "a good person". Odd how the wiping out of an entire class of beings doesn't raise her suspicion, even when she was wearing the Bea Arthur outfit.

Simple answer here people: women like guys with confidence.

I can see how genocidal hatred might portray confidence, right? First (1), Anakin must really think he's important if he gets to decide who lives or dies in the desert. Second (2), he went out there all by himself and slaughtered a group of sentients who are quite skilled in war; in other words, he can get the job done. And third (3), he did it for his mom. Remember girls, look at how your man treats his mother for insight on how he will treat you. Padme was probably so quiet because she was wondering who little Annie might slaughter on her behalf someday--jawas perhaps, they're pretty different.

To give a real world analogy, I work in criminal law. Every bad dude that comes through the court has some woman waiting for him in the audience. And it doesn't matter if it's first-degree murder or car theft. She is there supporting him in great fervor. By the same token, I have a friend who is the nicest guy in the world (I'll put him against ANY of your nice guys)--he would never say the word genocide. He doesn't have a shot in the world with any girls I know.

Oh ... and this will be the LAST time I back Lucas on anything!

This post has been edited by parcelbombsmurf: 08 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

#28 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

I think that should be
changed form confidence to

Girls like BAD ASS GUYS

I humbly ask the
administrators for an edit.

oh and try as you might

you'll end up helping ol'Lucas
many many sickening times

#29 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

parcelbombsmurf has a point. I know this guys I used to work with. He was absolutely adorable. Well dressed (but not too well dressed) and handsome. And one of the nicest people you'd ever meet but sort of on the shy side. Last I knew he was 24 and still a virgin. I told him a thousand times, 'chicks dig confidence.' The only good thing about that though, is when he does find someone, it will probably be someone genuine and not just some sleazy bar rat.

Were I in Padme's shoes, I probably would have let Anakins killing spree slide. However, I am admittedly evil AND a Republican. Padme was the elected ruler of a peace loving planet that didn’t even have a standing army. There’s no way in hell she wouldn’t have run straight back to the ship screaming and left him on Tatooine.

#30 User is offline   parcelbombsmurf Icon

• New Cop

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 9 2007, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
parcelbombsmurf has a point. I know this guys I used to work with. He was absolutely adorable. Well dressed (but not too well dressed) and handsome. And one of the nicest people you'd ever meet but sort of on the shy side. Last I knew he was 24 and still a virgin. I told him a thousand times, 'chicks dig confidence.' The only good thing about that though, is when he does find someone, it will probably be someone genuine and not just some sleazy bar rat.

Were I in Padme's shoes, I probably would have let Anakins killing spree slide. However, I am admittedly evil AND a Republican. Padme was the elected ruler of a peace loving planet that didn’t even have a standing army. There’s no way in hell she wouldn’t have run straight back to the ship screaming and left him on Tatooine.

that's hot. im an evil republican too ... devil.gif

that's true. you need to consider padme's character. however, i think underneath padme's philanthropist exterior, she's like any other girl i.e. wanting to get ravaged by a genocidal Jedi or other evil powerful man.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size