Chefelf.com Night Life: Is ROTJ better than 'The Phantom Menace'? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Is ROTJ better than 'The Phantom Menace'? The age-old question. (Part One of Three)

Poll: Is ROTJ better than 'The Phantom Menace'?

Vote.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   Infernus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

As exciting and widely marketeable as Menace was, Return of the Jedi is by far the better of the 2.

#47 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hallelujah!

Thank you

its about time

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#48 User is offline   Infernus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ha! No problem.

#49 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

Episode 1 was a stupid, boring, let down of a film.

ROTJ wasn't boring, was a bit stupid at times, but the battle between Luke and Vader was really good. I feel the ewok scene could have been replaced entirely and the final scene with the Ghosts was stupid. Lucas lacks balls, he couldn't just leave the dead, dead, but needed to show us they all got along and are friends now.

ROTJ is much better.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#50 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

It's a stupid question, isn't it? For all its faults (and as most of you, I think there are a lot), 'Return of the Jedi' is high art compared to the prequels. It still has characters we care about. Parts of it are enjoyable. The look of the movie is still more or less in line with the 'Star Wars' universe.

Probably the most distinguishing difference between the two is that when you're watching 'Return of the Jedi', you don't want to hunt down studio executives and hurt them - whereas with the prequels, you feel like doing that the whole time.

#51 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Oct 7 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, if the fans at Chef Elf were to do that scene, they would hire 1000 unknown actors to play the clone troopers. Then they would purchase 1000 clone trooper suits. Then they would reshoot that scence 1000 times in order to make sure all the troops were walking in unison. Oh, and not to mention they would also have to find some place in the world that resembles the Jedi Temple or build it from scratch. Congratulations fans at Chef Elf, your company has become bankrupt in not even one day. On the bright side, perhaps you would get featured on a television show for "World's Worst Filmakers".

The year is 2006. I think it's time some of you accepted there is better technology out there.

Considering that Helms deep and Minas Tirith were made of foam, and that you could easily rope 1000 fans into appearing in the film without pay. I'm affraid you're insultingly underestemating us.

well at least me...

If i made the film, there would be some heavy alterations to the dialogue, some heavy script edditing, and the actors portraying Elan Sleezebaggano and Anakin Skywalker would have been appropriatley swapped to suite their acting abilities. wink.gif

and I'm sure I would save alot of money by;
-cutting back on Amidallas hair and clothes
-genocidal ommision of the gungan race
-not making jenga fett's outfit
-not putting in all the work required for that pod race sequence
-not hiring a bunch of 5 year olds for jedi kindergarden
-not rebuilding the vader suit to fit someone who didn't meet the height requirment
-easily finding say 20 hardcore fans of the same hieght to play the 1000 clones and probably being able to make them work for three square meals a day and all the redbull they could drink just for the chance to be a in a star wars film.
-walk into a star wars convention and announce that anyone who follows me out will get their name in the new star wars film's credits and thanks, and get to appear in the background if they are willing to help move and build set peices and carry heavy shit around.

i could go on...

but you're out of league on that remark.

This post has been edited by barend: 29 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

#52 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

Are we still replying to Storm? I thought we were just going to ignore him. He's never got anything worthwhile to say anyway.

#53 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 30 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we still replying to Storm? I thought we were just going to ignore him. He's never got anything worthwhile to say anyway.

I thought storm was a girl. But its possible I just thought that cause whenever I hear that name I automatically think of Storm from X-Men. Who is way cooler, by the way. And not the Halle Berry Storm either. She sucks ass.

#54 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 30 2007, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And not the Halle Berry Storm either. She sucks ass.

Is this another one of your lesbian fantasies?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#55 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ May 30 2007, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this another one of your lesbian fantasies?

How is it you know me so well?

#56 User is offline   TruJade Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Oh you know the usual....
    Tv
    Movies
    Music
    comics
    Star Wars

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 30 2007, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought storm was a girl. But its possible I just thought that cause whenever I hear that name I automatically think of Storm from X-Men. Who is way cooler, by the way. And not the Halle Berry Storm either. She sucks ass.

Well see Halle Berry got the role on looks.
I read somewhere that model Naomi Campbell was gonna relace her

when she threatend not to do the second XMEN.
But then the whole phone throwing/assistant battery charge happened

happy.gif

Duct tape is like the force....

There's a lightside, a darkside

and it holds everything together

There are too many people in the world...We need another plague -Dwight K. Shrute [The Office]

#57 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:48 AM

If you need to babysit the kids, ROTJ.

If you don't care what they're fed, TPM.

#58 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Very eloquently put, Despondent.

As for Storm's gender, I automatically assumed that he/she/it wasn't a girl because aren't girls supposed to be more mature at that age? *

*Assuming of course that Storm is the young teenage kid I think he/she/it is.

And getting back to the topic of the thread, I just thought it's amazing how good a poorly made film like 'Return of the Jedi' looks when compared to the prequels.

I wonder if such a comparison could improve even really shoddy things like Adam Sandler films.

#59 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 31 2007, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Storm's gender, I automatically assumed that he/she/it wasn't a girl because aren't girls supposed to be more mature at that age? *

*Assuming of course that Storm is the young teenage kid I think he/she/it is.

Well the fact that he/she is always throwing tantrums reminded me of a girl. He/she seems overly emotional - like he/she always has pms or something.

#60 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

::uh hem::

awsome post, barend!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size