Chefelf.com Night Life: Pro-life or Pro-choice - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Pro-life or Pro-choice what is your stand?

#31 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh? So you are just against STD, not promiscuity? You should have said so. This is quite a different discussion then.
Are we talking about promiscuity being wrong for some reasons or allowing people to take up risky activities?
Telling people not to have sex because they can contract SDT is like tell people not to climb K2 because you can get killed by bad weather. I think the ratio of people who had orgasms to people who died of syphilis is just about that - the amount of people who tried to climb K2 to the amount of people who died there...or maybe even less. I am not sure.

My opinion on this matter is mixed with opinions from the threat of STD's and of people I know, both men and women, who have massive loads of sex without worrying about accidently getting a women pregnant (or getting pregnant themselves). Living in a country of 20,000,000 people were at least 80,000 women have abortions each year.

I would just like to make it clear that my anger is not directed at women but rather at men, thats why even though Im against Abortion (which would mean Im some kind of anti-feminist) I am also for finding the biological father of the child and making him responsible for the child as much as the mother.

Now I might think in an old fashioned 'Middle Ages' way, but I believe that sex is an act for making babies, if you want sex for pleasure there is such a thing called Oral Sex.

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the problem is, do you see my point? You obviously didn't about my saying "eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong" Let me just spell it out for you:
No, by no means it was an insult directed to you telling you to "eat shit". It was a saying, a metaphore telling that the prevalency of activities, (=opinion) does not necessarily justify the said activity (=opinion). "Eating shit" is something unpleasant (=bad opinion) which is tasty (=acceptable) to millions of flies (=people), however to people (=minority of people) it is disgusting.

My opinions are different the the majority, I assure you.
Although you could have just said the great proverb:
"What is right is not always popular... what is popular is not always right."

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 18 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

#32 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

I say, my flashy thing is on the fritz.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#33 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

And that has to do with what exaclty?

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 19 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

#34 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

Well, I tried to stop the mess, but I wasn't fast enough with the flashiness, or it didn't work right.

I'd like to point out that Ms. Poetic pointed out that abortion procedures can be dangerous and violent toward a fetus that may even be able to feel pain.

#35 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 18 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I tried to stop the mess, but I wasn't fast enough with the flashiness, or it didn't work right.

I'd like to point out that Ms. Poetic pointed out that abortion procedures can be dangerous and violent toward a fetus that may even be able to feel pain.

But fetuses arent conscience... are they?

#36 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:31 AM

MC: I love you. You're awesome. Alone for saying my attitude towards male responsibility in palimony suits is "advanced" rather than what most women call it (I won't name the three who railed against me in these forums the last time I brought it up).

Cobnat: Get yourself laid, and you won't hate the whores and display such jealousy towards the "manwhores" as you say. But read your own posts and you should be able at least to admit that the bulk of your anger is at the women who don't have the decency to sleep with you. "Cuntrot?" Come on.

Jordan: Your justification made you sound like Hitler.

Slade: I'm sorry. I should know better.

Edit: Less flamage.
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

This post has been edited by Slade: 19 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#37 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 18 2006, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My opinion on this matter is mixed with opinions from the threat of STD's and of people I know, both men and women, who have massive loads of sex without worrying about accidently getting a women pregnant (or getting pregnant themselves).

I don't quite get it. Are you now saying that you are against abortion because people should be responsible for their actions? In such case, advocating prevention by contraceptives is the best policy, not spreading massive hatred by claiming "women become whores because of abortion" only to be followed by suddenly-concerned mode "abortion encourages the spread of SDT".

You see, it is quite tiresome when I try to figure out exactly what is your argument and opinion and I have to spell it out for you, only to find that you switch to something else in the next post.

I began to suspect that you just love pissing people off and therefore think yourself mighty intelligent, but the thing is, I've yet to hear a proper argument from you. You do not seem to have any besided random, muddeld and confused rants about STD and bitchiness.

Now I might think in an old fashioned 'Middle Ages' way, but I believe that sex is an act for making babies, if you want sex for pleasure there is such a thing called Oral Sex.

FIY - you can also contract STD by oral sex. Sorry if this is news for you. You should go one step further, then - contrary to popular belief masturbation DOES NOT give you cooties and hair between your fingers, so you may want to switch to that one if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancy AND STD.

My opinions are different the the majority, I assure you.
Although you could have just said the great proverb:
"What is right is not always popular... what is popular is not always right."

Nope, your opinion are just as narrow-minded, confused and uneducated as the majority of people.

#38 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:41 AM

Alright, this is getting worse. If the escalation continues, I'm going to have to lock the topic.

EVERYBODY, stop with the petty personal attacks. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but I'm not going to have more bickering.

#39 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

Come on, guys, when it was a debate on the actual very-controversial topic, we were doing fine. We strayed off topic onto something weird and it turns into a mess! Go figure.

And by "we," I mostly mean Cobnat. Cobby, please, refrain from trolling.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#40 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't quite get it. Are you now saying that you are against abortion because people should be responsible for their actions? In such case, advocating prevention by contraceptives is the best policy, not spreading massive hatred by claiming "women become whores because of abortion" only to be followed by suddenly-concerned mode "abortion encourages the spread of SDT".

Look, if people use contreception then that means they are responsible, if they dont and get pregnant and dont want the child, then they arent responsible, infact, pregnency would no doubt make people responsible.

You see, it is quite tiresome when I try to figure out exactly what is your argument and opinion and I have to spell it out for you, only to find that you switch to something else in the next post.
I began to suspect that you just love pissing people off and therefore think yourself mighty intelligent, but the thing is, I've yet to hear a proper argument from you. You do not seem to have any besided random, muddeld and confused rants about STD and bitchiness.

No more personal attacks.

FIY - you can also contract STD by oral sex. Sorry if this is news for you. You should go one step further, then - contrary to popular belief masturbation DOES NOT give you cooties and hair between your fingers, so you may want to switch to that one if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancy AND STD.

I was refering to responsibility of pregnacy.

Edit: Deflamed.

This post has been edited by Slade: 19 August 2006 - 12:52 AM

#41 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:48 AM

She's accepting your opinions as valid, she just thinks that they're very very wrong.

#42 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 18 2006, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's accepting your opinions as valid, she just thinks that they're very very wrong.

I deleted that bit, it sounded like a personal attack so yeah. (back to the topic)

#43 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 19 2006, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look, if people use contreception then that means they are responsible, if they dont and get pregnant and dont want the child, then they arent responsible, infact, pregnency would no doubt make people responsible.

Cobnat - THE ABOVE argument is not valid. Read the above carefully, every sentence by sentence:

"if people use contreception then that means they are responsible" - so, is it OK for a woman to "spread her legs more" as long as she uses contraceptives? You were saying yoursef that "abortion is wrong because it encourages women to open their legs more". This is logiacl mess, and I cannot accept is as a valid argument.

"if they dont and get pregnant and dont want the child, then they arent responsible" this would be true in an ideal world, but it never works like that

"pregnency would no doubt make people responsible" Any arguments to support this? If pregnancy would "no dobut make people responsible" then irresponsible people would die out within one generation, which is not the case.

Please supply some valid argumetns to your case against abortion.

EDIT: Sorry, let's divide opinions and arguments - Slade - I indeed consider Cobant's opinions as very wrong, but his ARGUMETNS (see above) are not valid...

This post has been edited by Madam Corvax: 19 August 2006 - 01:04 AM

#44 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:35 AM

I'd like to mention that even if the fetus feels pain - so what? How much do you remember of your time in your mum's belly? And this special fetus certainly won't remember when it's dead.

I guess that's just our way of projecting our fear of having "a painful death" unto the unborn child. Well, compared to the pain an unwanted child might have to face in its life, I'd say abortion is more human.

Sorry for staying on topic without flaming everyone, I feel dirty alright, so please don't rub it in.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#45 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Aug 19 2006, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to mention that even if the fetus feels pain - so what? How much do you remember of your time in your mum's belly? And this special fetus certainly won't remember when it's dead.
I guess that's just our way of projecting our fear of having "a painful death" unto the unborn child. Well, compared to the pain an unwanted child might have to face in its life, I'd say abortion is more human.
Sorry for staying on topic without flaming everyone, I feel dirty alright, so please don't rub it in.

But dont they pump the mother full of pain killers before the operation?

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cobnat - THE ABOVE argument is not valid. Read the above carefully, every sentence by sentence:
"if people use contreception then that means they are responsible" - so, is it OK for a woman to "spread her legs more" as long as she uses contraceptives? You were saying yoursef that "abortion is wrong because it encourages women to open their legs more". This is logiacl mess, and I cannot accept is as a valid argument.
"if they dont and get pregnant and dont want the child, then they arent responsible" this would be true in an ideal world, but it never works like that
"pregnency would no doubt make people responsible" Any arguments to support this? If pregnancy would "no dobut make people responsible" then irresponsible people would die out within one generation, which is not the case.
Please supply some valid argumetns to your case against abortion.
EDIT: Sorry, let's divide opinions and arguments - Slade - I indeed consider Cobant's opinions as very wrong, but his ARGUMETNS (see above) are not valid...

Meh, you win, I cant be bothered to debate with someone on a weekend.

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 19 August 2006 - 04:52 AM

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size