Chefelf.com Night Life: Pro-life or Pro-choice - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Pro-life or Pro-choice what is your stand?

#16 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (EwokHunter @ Aug 17 2006, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well but rape and incest are two different things:

Rape: You don't want it.

Incest: You're an idiot that have sex with maybe your idiot sister or brother.

Thats why I typed "or".

#17 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

Back to the topic at hand, I want to further my argument by saying that if women are allowed to have abortions (aside from the 2 situations I desribed earlier) it will encourage them to become whores...

Edit: Play nice, children. Take deep breaths and let some oxygen back into your brains.
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

This post has been edited by Slade: 18 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

#18 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:30 AM

Coby - even whores know how to use contraceptives and that they're much cheaper than abortions. Cut 'em some slack and get over yourself.

Edit: Cleaning up messes.

This post has been edited by Slade: 18 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#19 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Aug 18 2006, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coby - even whores know how to use contraceptives and that they're much cheaper than abortions. Cut 'em some slack and get over yourself.

I have no problem with whore, if they want cunt rot then fine, its really not my problem...
The fact that most (if not all) the whores Ive met are bitches is what pisses me off, if they can be whores without being bitches then everything would be ok, but thats not the world we live in.

This post has been edited by Slade: 18 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

#20 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 18 2006, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to the topic at hand, I want to further my argument by saying that if women are allowed to have abortions (aside from the 2 situations I desribed earlier) it will encourage them to become whores...

Edit: Play nice, children. Take deep breaths and let some oxygen back into your brains.

Firstly, I wanted to say it for quite a long time, Cobnat - you are one classy act, you know that? Taking your argument further, allowing contraception also encourages women to become WHORES as you put it... Since men are not this punished by nature for promiscuity and can practise sex without any "consequences", shall we assume that men are by nature WHORES?

Secondly, Slade, I am AMAZED that the above sexist, horribly backward, hateful, spiteful and misogynic remark earned only a friendly note and a remark concerning spelling.

Thirdly, civ, you are blessed to live in a country where "Women have the option to have sex or to not have it, to use birth control or to not use it, and to have an abortion or to not have it". I happen to live in a country where women do not have these two last options -(government doing their best to restrict the availability of contraceptives in any form).

Anyway, I appreciate your advocating equal right to men and women concerning abortion, but it is not the idea of "men getting women pregnat" being antique, but your views on right of men and women are somehow advanced. At least they do not apply in my part of the world.

To sum up : "If Men Became Pregnant Abortion Would Be a Sacrament "

Edit: Extra caustic stuff fixed in the quote.

This post has been edited by Slade: 18 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

Ms Corvax: Hmm... Maybe in modding I didn't clear things up properly. The edit was concerning things no longer in existence, and didn't address Cobnat's ignorant, stupid post at all, except as it related to the big mess that I had to clean up that was unrelated. It also wasn't friendly, it's just how I tag posts I've edited. Honestly, the remark was sarcasm directed as his poor taste and spelling.

Sadly, he's allowed to have dumb, hateful, absurd opinions like in the above post. If he wants to believe that legalizing abortions will lead to a rise in female sexual promiscuity, than he can. But you do have a point.

Edit: There we are. That's about as much as I can do.

This post has been edited by Slade: 18 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#22 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

Even though I am pro-choice, I have no problem with pro-life people. It's your view, but making it illegal will just make it ten times worse.

I'm not sure if thats entirely true, but it's not a matter of stopping it. If you think something is evil then why would you make it available at the local hospital?

Besides, abortions will just end up lowering North American populations, which in turn will make us more dependent on immigration.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 18 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#23 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly, I wanted to say it for quite a long time, Cobnat - you are one classy act, you know that?

I know, some love me, most hate me, all respect me. shifty.gif

Taking your argument further, allowing contraception also encourages women to become WHORES as you put it... Since men are not this punished by nature for promiscuity and can practise sex without any "consequences", shall we assume that men are by nature WHORES?

Wow, slow down there. Contraception is completely different from Abortion, I have nothing against any type of contraception, even the ones that are deadly, but I am against abortion (exept the situations I described earlier) becouse it would encourage women to open thier legs more... although you have to understand that Im not talking about the MAJORITY, but 10% is just as important as the whole, we do live in a world of STD's lest we forget.

Secondly, Slade, I am AMAZED that the above sexist, horribly backward, hateful, spiteful and misogynic remark earned only a friendly note and a remark concerning spelling.

Me c0ckorz iz sow eno0rmus.

Anyway, I appreciate your advocating equal right to men and women concerning abortion, but it is not the idea of "men getting women pregnat" being antique, but your views on right of men and women are somehow advanced. At least they do not apply in my part of the world.
To sum up : "If Men Became Pregnant Abortion Would Be a Sacrament "

Oh fuck, your one of 'those'. Look, I think women should face up to the responsibilities, BUT I also believe in the men facing up to their responsibilities too, its not like Im a woman hating Muslim, I hate both genders equaly.

QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 18 2006, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides, abortions will just end up lowering North American populations, which in turn will make us more dependent on immigration.

[sarcasm]Oh no, anything but that![/sarcasm]

QUOTE (Slade @ Aug 18 2006, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly, he's allowed to have dumb, hateful, absurd opinions like in the above post. If he wants to believe that legalizing abortions will lead to a rise in female sexual promiscuity, than he can. But you do have a point.

My opinion is as stupid as the next person, do not single me out.

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Cobnat)
Very true, sir. Many of my opinions are dumb as well.

In other news, your position is poorly supported. I don't understand how abortions will entice women to have more sex, but contraceptives don't. Both presumably remove the risk of pregnancy, which in the past was a hamper to women having sex, since obviously, they were forced to carry the baby around in the womb, and the guy did not have that handicap.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#25 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 18 2006, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jordan - you are wrong here. My country has the strictest anti-abortion law in the northern hemisphere, but it DID NOT raise the population growth even by 0.0000001%. Quite on the contrary, the population is actually declining in direct figures, meaning growth is negative..., whereas in Western Europe with their "culture of death" and free, available on request abortion having babies is suddenly all the rage.... Curious, huh? I venture to say that women tend to have more babies in countries where thery are NOT FORCED to carry every embryo they conceive...

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 18 2006, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, some love me, most hate me, all respect me. shifty.gif
I have nothing against any type of contraception, even the ones that are deadly, but I am against abortion (exept the situations I described earlier) becouse it would encourage women to open thier legs more... [...] , its not like Im a woman hating Muslim, I hate both genders equaly.
[...]

Several problems with your opinoin, which is, I agree, as stupid as most people.
1. If your opinion is so prevalent in the society (and it is) but is at the same time hateful and mysoginic I will and I shall single you out as hateful and mysogynic, because it is a fact. I am quite at a loss, why are you suddenly hurt and take umbrage when somebody points out the obvious fact? As to general opinions, there is this saying "eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong"

2. And it IS quite obvious that your opinion is particularly hateful towards women. It is flawed logically, as Slade pointed out (contraception works exactly the same way, encourages women to "open their legs" more without fear of pregnancy)

3. And it is equally obviopus that you ARE "woman hating" (I do not know about Muslim) for the sheer use of language.

You see, when a woman has a lot of sex, you somehow, for reasons unknonw to me, assume it is bad, immoral - in short, any woman who has a lot of sex is a whore (whore is quite a derogatory noun and it seems that "opening your legs more" is also something what you despise).

Now, can you say the same of men who have a lot of sex? IF a lot of sex is wrong, it should be equally wrong for both sexes, unless you apply different standard to women and men. If you hate both genders equally, why don't you advocate castration ("having both testicles only encourages men to screw around more") or free distribution of some testosterone suppresing drugs ("all those male hormones circulating in your blood only encourage men to f..k off their brains").

Such opinins indeed were held by some early Chirstians, BTW. One Origen of Alexandria actually castrated himself (2nd century AD). It is quite sad to realize that in their attitude towards sex Western civilisation has not quite left the very middle and dark ages....

#26 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As to general opinions, there is this saying "eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong".

That is the most awesome thing I've heard in months. Kudos.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#27 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Jordan - you are wrong here. My country has the strictest anti-abortion
law in the northern hemisphere, but it DID NOT raise the population growth even by 0.0000001%. Quite on the contrary, the population is actually declining in direct figures, meaning growth is negative..., whereas in Western Europe with their "culture of death" and free, available on request abortion having babies is suddenly all the rage.... Curious, huh? I venture to say that women tend to have more babies in countries where thery are NOT FORCED to carry every embryo they conceive...

North America is different. I'm not even sure if Poland lets people in their country.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#28 User is offline   Sieve Boy Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Hockey, Subaru

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

Pro Choice...
Nothing should stand in the way of what we do with our life and what is in our best interests. No church, no leader, no politics, no ideal, no entity, no anything else... its our life and we SHOULD have the freedom to do what we would like to do with our bodies. I say that anyone against it is bringing America and the rest of the world down with their BS rhetoric and supposed morals.

#29 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 18 2006, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. If your opinion is so prevalent in the society (and it is) but is at the same time hateful and mysoginic I will and I shall single you out as hateful and mysogynic, because it is a fact. I am quite at a loss, why are you suddenly hurt and take umbrage when somebody points out the obvious fact? As to general opinions, there is this saying "eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong"

You eat shit? Is that your point?

2. And it IS quite obvious that your opinion is particularly hateful towards women. It is flawed logically, as Slade pointed out (contraception works exactly the same way, encourages women to "open their legs" more without fear of pregnancy)

But it limits the posibility of STD's (assuming were talking about condoms).

3. And it is equally obviopus that you ARE "woman hating" (I do not know about Muslim) for the sheer use of language.

Thats becouse we are talking about women currently. But I can see how it may look like Im a women hater... in your eyes.

You see, when a woman has a lot of sex, you somehow, for reasons unknonw to me, assume it is bad, immoral - in short, any woman who has a lot of sex is a whore (whore is quite a derogatory noun and it seems that "opening your legs more" is also something what you despise).

No no no... the term "opening your legs" doesnt mean a woman who has sex alot, it means a woman who has alot of sex with different men... alot.

Now, can you say the same of men who have a lot of sex? IF a lot of sex is wrong, it should be equally wrong for both sexes, unless you apply different standard to women and men. If you hate both genders equally, why don't you advocate castration ("having both testicles only encourages men to screw around more") or free distribution of some testosterone suppresing drugs ("all those male hormones circulating in your blood only encourage men to f..k off their brains").

Im afriad your wrong, as Ive said I have men as much as I do women...

Man= Manwhore
Woman= Whore

Its not I encourage male prostitution, Im against anyone spreading their legs... my opinion is that if a man is a Manwhore (or a 'gigalo') then he should have his cock sawn off, fair and simple.

Such opinins indeed were held by some early Chirstians, BTW. One Origen of Alexandria actually castrated himself (2nd century AD). It is quite sad to realize that in their attitude towards sex Western civilisation has not quite left the very middle and dark ages....

Then I guess you dont mind getting STD's? I heard syphilis is quite good these days.

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 18 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

#30 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Cobnat @ Aug 18 2006, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You eat shit? Is that your point?
But it limits the posibility of STD's (assuming were talking about condoms).
[...]
Then I guess you dont mind getting STD's? I heard syphilis is quite good these days.

Oh? So you are just against STD, not promiscuity? You should have said so. This is quite a different discussion then.

Are we talking about promiscuity being wrong for some reasons or allowing people to take up risky activities?

Telling people not to have sex because they can contract SDT is like tell people not to climb K2 because you can get killed by bad weather. I think the ratio of people who had orgasms to people who died of syphilis is just about that - the amount of people who tried to climb K2 to the amount of people who died there...or maybe even less. I am not sure.

But the problem is, do you see my point? You obviously didn't about my saying "eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong" Let me just spell it out for you:

No, by no means it was an insult directed to you telling you to "eat shit". It was a saying, a metaphore telling that the prevalency of activities, (=opinion) does not necessarily justify the said activity (=opinion). "Eating shit" is something unpleasant (=bad opinion) which is tasty (=acceptable) to millions of flies (=people), however to people (=minority of people) it is disgusting.

So, do you see my point now? Beacuse if you don't, I may as well not waste my breth any more, and you may go back to hurling insults and bad opinions right, left and centre.

North America is different. I'm not even sure if Poland lets people in their country.

Jordan - how is that relevant???? We are talking about the rate of growth in general or the growth of indigenous white population? If you are talking we should encourage having white blue-eyed babies because we do not want the nasty Chinese or Mexicans to flood our country, this is very racist. Still, the anti-abortion law does not influence growth of the society, that should be the end of discussion, North America is not different in that respect. It once had anti-abortion law, nowadays it is slowly creeping back, but it had nothing to do with the rate of growth! If they don't want people of other races in, they should tighten the borders, not trying to outnumber them by forcing women to bear every foetus. It would not work.

Curious thing - you come up with reasons against abortion who do not even take pretence of being "pro-life". C'mon, any more tight-assed, right-winged anti-abortion propaganda ? So far, we have come up with:

1. Abortion is wrong, because it encourages promiscucity is society in women
2. Abortion is wrong, because it lowers the ratio of "native people" to emmigrants in a country

Oh yes, to be completely honest, at the very beginning we had a true "pro-life" argument that baby has a right to live.

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size