• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Tall Man drawings

#31 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:It depends on my current psychosis.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:59 AM

Got it. Ill fix the background. But I dont think Trilby's notebook is "yellow aged". I want this image to have an oniric style, giving the impression that the Tall Man is admiring his own territory.
I wanted to make a convincing clothing to him, but Yahtzee refuses to say what's it made of. I tried to make a misture of leather and fabrics, but it's just not cool. Ill keep it like that till Yaz manifest.

#32 User is offline   setasouji Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:32 PM

I don't know if you can see it but there's a strange line on the Tall Man's coat that kind of looks like one of the 3D shapes didn't quite match up with the others.

Also, you might want to consider altering the scarf around his neck to have more folds.

For some reason I was thinking of the notes being from that decapitated guy in the stairs, so yeah, aged partchment wouldn't make sense (although it could still be bloody, but maybe it's best that it's not). You could experiment with making it yellow (like those occasional yellow notebooks they sometimes sell) if you wanted it to match the color scheme a little better. It's, once again, up to you, though, this is mostly just based on my desire to experiment and see what looks cool.

#33 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

I'm getting the feeling that its just me and Set here. Where are the other guys and their opinions? My work sux, I know, but I need some verbal answers to improve it.

Hey Set, honestly, Im getting bored of this image. The Tall Man is a nice character but he's not the only one. I was thinking about rendering John Defoe next. At least we know what are his clothes made of.

And making wallpapers is not my strong point. Im seriously thinking about making a short video clip about the Trilby's series. It would be, actually, a music clip of some cool scary soundtrack. But, you know, it could take some months of dedicated work. If I had some help...

Of course, Im first gonna render every character and show them to the forum guys.

The problem you pointed about the 3D shapes is there because I was too lazy to smooth the model smile.gif

And what about this avatar?

#34 User is offline   setasouji Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:09 AM

Hey, Nostaw, you should work on whatever you want to do - it makes you more willing to work on it. Still, it's good to get feedback and practice so you can improve. You might note that the forum guys (especially you) kept me working on that Tall Man picture I gave up on, and it turned out ok (learned some good tips on making blood, too). Whatever rendering tips you take away from the Tall Man are sure to help you in other endevors, esp. if you're planning on rendering anything else (like a video clip).

Clip sounds like an awesome plan. I don't think I could be of any help though. I don't know how to render, and I have the attention span of a hummingbird on caffiene anyway.

What avatar?

Edit: Now that I've hit myself a few times in the head with a hammer, I'm going to assume you're referring to my avatar (because I can only concieve of a few reasons why you would ask me about yours). The original picture was along the lines of this:
http://img182.images...=previewou3.jpg
The scene should be rather familiar to those who played the game.
It's from a couple of little comics I doodled in a fit of madness. Looking back on them, I must have been seriously sleep deprived when I made them. I sent them on to Yahztee, but he either
a ) Didn't get them
b ) Came to the same conclusion I did.

This post has been edited by setasouji: 26 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

#35 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

Now you've given me an idea. Forget the music clip. Let's make a short video on that specific scene of the game, I mean, the scene when Trilby talks to siobhan, then she gets possessed and all.

You dont need to know about 3d rendering to help. Have you ever heard about something called storyboard?

#36 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (setasouji @ Aug 26 2006, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sent them on to Yahztee, but he either
a ) Didn't get them
b ) Came to the same conclusion I did.

I didn't get them, must have gotten lost somewhere. But yeah, the proportions are all kinds of fucked up.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#37 User is offline   setasouji Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

Probably best they stay buried, then.

#38 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

got your message. Yeah youre right, a 5 min clip would take about 3 months to be done and some weeks more to be improved. I do not fear the time. The next game may take much more to be finished...

I have some ideas for the dialogues but right now they're quite premature. Just send me some storyboards of that scene so I can have an axis to work. Later I'll request you to do the 2d and UV textures. If you think that you dont have enough time, you should know that I have only 2 or 3 days a week to work on this, and only 2 or 3 hours per day. Maybe less.

I just want to grant myself the SE of the next game smile.gif

#39 User is offline   invalid Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:13 AM

The picture is SO cool but there's one thing, can you make the staff ALOT sharper at the top? I mean that's how he kills his victims using the top which looks way too blunt dry.gif

#40 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:43 AM

... hmm... you know, if I were a psychotic über-killer, I'd probably wouldn't mind it that much. If it were sharp, then the fun would be over too soon. Digging through a man's chest with a blunt spoon instead of sharp sword makes it much more interesting and also offers a good opportunity to demonstrate the strength of the killer in question.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#41 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:52 AM

Man, what the hell is wrong with German people???

wink.gif

#42 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:27 AM

You're just jealous. sleep.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#43 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (invalid @ Sep 4 2006, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The picture is SO cool but there's one thing, can you make the staff ALOT sharper at the top? I mean that's how he kills his victims using the top which looks way too blunt dry.gif

Finally someone else than Setasouji saw my wallpaper. But there is so much to work on it that I gave up. I'm trying to make a Trilby right now.

#44 User is offline   Nostaw Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:54 AM

I was reading an old topic "5 days a stranger made into a movie". I don't think that guy on the photo of the first post look like trilby. Maybe if he had more hair.

So, I ask, you: Does Pete Firman below look like Trilby? I put the trilby hat myself but this is not a joke.

Forget about the clothes, look at his face. Doesn't he look like a cat burglar?
Please, I need to know that to make a 3d Trilby.

#45 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

Dude, you need some counselling. Or a kevlar jacket, in case Mr. Yahtzee should find you first.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size