• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:16 AM

http://tv.msn.com/tv...236781&GT1=7703

Star Wars' creator readies 'Clone Wars'
Oct 5, 4:10 PM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- The wars aren't over for "Star Wars" creator George Lucas. Lucas said Wednesday he's making an animated TV series of "Clone Wars" that could air next year, although he hasn't sold the show to a network yet. The series is set during the time when the Republic is fighting a civil war against separatists led by Count Dooku.

The mythic period hasn't been dealt with too much in the popular "Star Wars" movies, so "it's a fun place to go," Lucas said.

"It basically has all the main characters" such as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucas said, but the stars who played them in the movies won't voice them for the TV show.

"There's nobody famous," Lucas told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

The show is planned as a continuation of the Emmy-winning "Clone Wars" that aired in 25 episodes on the Cartoon Network from 2003 to 2005. That series used limited animation. The new version will use 3-D computer graphics.

It's one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.

Haven't agreed on a script yet? Could that be the explanation for the PT?

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

Hey Lucas, what about Hell? Maybe that would be a fun place to go.

#3 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

So let me get this straight... he's trying to milk what was actually good. The clone wars cartoon was alright, disk 1 anyway, and it was certainly better than most scenes out of EP III.

(sigh) He's gonna mess it up if 1) he doesn't have a script. 2) He's only doing it because it's predecessor was popular. 3) Gendy Tartovkosky doesn't do it.

#4 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (yukai_ondori @ Oct 7 2006, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So let me get this straight... he's trying to milk what was actually good. The clone wars cartoon was alright, disk 1 anyway, and it was certainly better than most scenes out of EP III.

(sigh) He's gonna mess it up if 1) he doesn't have a script. 2) He's only doing it because it's predecessor was popular. 3) Gendy Tartovkosky doesn't do it.

anything is certainly better than the cheese-laden Star Wars Christmas special...Im still trying to figure out if that is really Mark Hamill,.or the actor they used to replace Bo Duke when John Schneider left "the Dukes of Hazzard"
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#5 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

Nah man, that was Mark Hamill. He had a mask of makeup on to cover his scars from his recent car accident. I don't like to focus on the negative though, I think it's more entertaining to see Carrie Fisher's eyes looking in oposite directions while trying to sing... She looked like a fish.

#6 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

I was under the impression that the TV show was going to be a live action one, with real actors filmed. Now that its a regular cartoon, albeit with D graphics, I'm less than interested. We pretty much know what happens already, so its pointless. Before, when i thouht it would be in regard to the events between ROTS and ANH, there could ahve been a number of interesting possibilities, like Yoda scrapong out an existance on Dagobah, maybe confronting the Dark Side spirit in the cave, or Obi Wan trying to train Luke at a younger age and getting into a confrontation with Owen about it, maybe even showing him leave Tattooine for a bit to undertake a mission to protect Luke's hiden identity which leads him to lose a lot of his strength, hnce his rapid demise during the Vader duel in ANH. But seeing the fat dred locked Jedi with the big black eyes is way better. Thank you, George, Indeed.....

#7 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (yukai_ondori @ Oct 7 2006, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah man, that was Mark Hamill. He had a mask of makeup on to cover his scars from his recent car accident. I don't like to focus on the negative though, I think it's more entertaining to see Carrie Fisher's eyes looking in oposite directions while trying to sing... She looked like a fish.

ok,..whew,.i was wondering about that,..cause i never ever saw luke skywalker slide across the hood of his landspeeder in ANH the same fashion that the duke boys do.

http://perso.orange....etal/BioCoy.jpg

...but you can see the resemblance,..sorta?,,right?

http://pub.tv2.no/mu...Sta_106220a.jpg

"a long time ago......on some county roads far, far away.........DUKE WARS"

There is turmoil in Hazzard County. Warner Brothers has decided not to give Tom Wopat or John Schneider pay increases,..so they have left the Jesse's Farm, only to be replaced by sub-par replacements, known as Vance and Coy.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

That's right, Bo and Luke had scabs. And Enos was long dead.

Well, they were different characters, I suppose. That's worth something.

How's that redneck star wars joke go? "Luke I AM your father. AND your uncle."

#9 User is offline   random_2002 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

the way i read that is that they are still trying to come up with a script for the next Indiana Jones movie and that the cartoon is all but done except for having a network to air it on.

#10 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

I'm just not interested in anything that man does anymore. He's a crappy director and an even worse writer, and the garbage he churns out turns my stomach. A new Indiana Jones film...why? I know it's sacrilage to question George's amazing 'vision', but putting out movies in the same series decades apart does not work. That idiot philosophy screwed up Star Wars and it's going to screw up Indiana Jones in all probability. Why doesn't Lucas just go run his little business empire and stop making terrible movies and tired TV shows with sub-par animation?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size