Chefelf.com Night Life: Snakes on a Plane - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Snakes on a Plane theres a thread about snakes on this mother f***in board!

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

So yeah, any thoughts on this? The title alone is the best advertisement ever. It will be one of only 2 movies this year I HAVE to see, the other having been POTC2.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

Funny how this movie's advertisements are producing the opposite responses that it wants, but it's still getting the same results... I mean, everyone thinks the movie is going to be so silly and dumb, but they just have to see it anyway. tongue.gif

But I'm still going to wait for it to come ot on video.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#3 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:44 AM

I know that me and my friends are going to go see it. Internet cult movies have always been lauded and praised for a reason, I think I can trust the internet to not disapoint me this time.

Besides, Samuel L Jackson is a badass acting god. He has a The Midas touch when it comes to movies I like.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#4 User is offline   Sieve Boy Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Hockey, Subaru

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:19 AM

YES!!! I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up! laugh.gif

A few of my friends and I recently took a canoe/camping trip and one of my friends brought this subject up, I was surprised that he and I were the only two of seven people on the trip to know about this movie. We did our best to explain this movie to everyone but they all thought it was some big joke, I felt the exact same way when I first heard about it as well.

IIRC I was watching Best Week Ever on VH1 a month back or so when this was brought up, I cannot remember any time recently when I laughed so hard. Seriously the concept of this movie is so ridiculous at the very least, their promos for the movie are absolutely hilarious as well. I've seen a few Sam L. Jackson interviews concerning the movie and I am under the impression that he just did this for a paycheck as he seems like he could give a shit less about making a decent flick anymore...

That all being said, my crew is going to be taking a trip to the drive-in theatre to see this thing soon. I'm sure we'll be the drunk, loud, annoying bunch of assholes who will be laughing themselves to death and pissing all the hardcore moviegoers off biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jul 25 2006, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yeah, any thoughts on this? The title alone is the best advertisement ever. It will be one of only 2 movies this year I HAVE to see, the other having been POTC2.

thoughts... it's the silliest named movie of all time, i'm obsessed.

here are some examples of influence it holds over me...

based on an upcomming videogame about jaws i came up with

SHARKS ON A PLANE

and it's sequal
SAMUELS ON A PLANE

it's all i think about...

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:07 AM

Will there be a badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom to go with the snakes on the plane?

Also, while sharks might not be the best idea for aerial witness elimination there are lots of possibilities for a sequel. What if the mafia used bears next time? Or maybe a crossover: Matrix on a Plane. Like, they THINK they're on a plane but it turns out they're really in the Matrix, but the capsules they're being kept in are ALSO on a plane.

There are just so many things you can put on a plane that the list of possibilities is endless, although they can't do idiots on a plane, cuz someone already made Con-Air.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:19 PM

i want to do a sequal to Con-Air called.... Air-Con. (AKA fans on a plane)

#8 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:15 PM

Snakes on a Plane!!! I'm seeing it in theaters and picking up a movie poster when it comes out. It shall be the greatest awful movie of the summer. biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#9 User is offline   Sieve Boy Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Hockey, Subaru

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

Man... I had to actually explain the concept of this movie and the entire plot to a guy on one of my websites that I own...

Snakes + Plane = Snakes on a Plane!!! biggrin.gif

#10 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:06 AM

The plot is that the mob thought it would be an efficient means of assassination to put 500 snakes on the plane.

I wonder if it explains where they got 500 snakes? I mean, you dont just find them running free in NY or Chicago. And if you can get a crate of 500 deadly reptiles on a plane couldnt you get a bomb on there just as easily? Maybe they just had them laying around from some sort of botched robbery. I hope there will be a prequel called "How Snakes met Mafia" and it will involve the term "hillarious mix up"

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 29 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

http://www.jmhoffman.blogspot.com

There are motherfuckin SNAKES[on a plane reviews] in this motherfuckin blog!

#12 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if Snakes on a Plane grossed more than World Trade Center?

Just sayin... Anyways, I'll try and see this Saturday, really looking forward to it.

This post has been edited by Kirby: 18 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#13 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

Personally, I can't believe you guys are actually doing exactly what they want you to do... tongue.gif I refuse to see this movie based on the grounds that they're playing off of human stupidity and the human tendency to be sheep; they're luring people in ON PURPOSE by making a movie so horrible that everyone will want to see it just so they can seem intellectual and pooh-pooh it and make fun and stuff. And if it succeeds, it will only encourage Hollywood to make more ridiculously purposely horrible films to try and produce the same effect.

And someone, please tell me... Is it true that they went back and added a scene where Samuel L. Jackson says "I'm getting tired of these m--f-- snakes on this m--f-- plane!" Because I read in a magazine article that the producers did that because of all the weblogs that say things like "wouldn't it be funny if SLJ said..." and "SoaP! How silly. I bet SLJ will say..." That really irks me.

It's like when someone smells something and makes a horrible face and says, "Whoo! That smells horrible! The worst smell I've ever encountered! Here, smell it!" and you're actually expected to smell it, when you've just been told it's horrible. Why? Just so you can agree? So you can have wasted precious seconds of your life (and in this case, a good $9) to be able to say, "you're right, that does stink."

...dry.gif

*end rant* I think I'm the only geek NOT going to see the movie for the very reasons everyone else IS going to see it. tongue.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#14 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

That stink-analogy is very disturbing but at the same time awfully effective, Miss Poetic.

I'm not even sure if it's gonna be shown over here and even if, I doubt if I would spend the money to see it.

Yes, I think I'm the only geek absolutely-normal-non-geeky-person NOT going to see the movie for the very reason of... being cheap.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 18 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#15 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

I saw Snakes on a Plane this afternoon. It was hilarious.

There is this one part where this guy goes to the washroom, and compliments himself on how big his penis is. After he finishes taking a piss, a snake comes out of the toilet and bites the guy's penis. While the man is trying to shake the snake off his penis, he is yelling "Get off my dick you fucking snake!"

This post has been edited by Storm: 18 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size