Chefelf.com Night Life: Joseph Smith and Muhammed - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Joseph Smith and Muhammed Were they ass-wipes?

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

Joseph Smith claimed that an angel came to him and gave him visions; and in turn he received golden plates with Egyptian writing on them. He then 'translated' these plates, and today we have the Book of Mormon: another testament of Jesus Christ. Yes, folks, we have yet another testament of Jesus.

Muhammed went into a cave for some reason and an angel came to him and squeezed him. He then started writing the Quran, the holy book of Islam, the only true religion and way of life (according to dear Muhammed).

Who was more full of it? cool.gif
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

Muhammed gets props because he created his religion in ancientish times, so wasn't thought of as a silly tosspot.

However, your comparison is rather flawed because you have on one hand the founder of a sect of a major religion and a founder of an entire religion. That makes it difficult to properly analyze.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:02 PM

Oh really? I mean, in the end both were talking rubbish of a very similar type.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 24 2006, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Muhammed gets props because he created his religion in ancientish times, so wasn't thought of as a silly tosspot.

However, your comparison is rather flawed because you have on one hand the founder of a sect of a major religion and a founder of an entire religion. That makes it difficult to properly analyze.

Mormonism is no longer a sect. It is a religion unto itself.

And no, the two have much in common. Both were the founding prophets of two major movements in religion and spirtuality.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#5 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yeah; Slade, the Church of the Latter-Day Saints is not just another denomination of Christianity like Baptists or Episcopalians. Mormonism started out WAY differently than it is today; the rules have changed like nobody's business, because even they recognize that some of the stuff Joseph Smith and Brigham Young wanted to be a part of their new religion was crap. (Though there are still some cult-like organizations that split off from the LDS that practice some REALLY horrible things.)

Mormonism is something like the second-fastest growing religion in the world. And there really are a lot of similarities in the two; especially the bit about how the religions came about. Even some similarities in the rules and the heirarchy.

However, I'm not sure it's a good idea to debate about whose religion is dumber, or whatever StarWarsIsUs was trying to start...
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#6 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

My favorite tidbit about Mormonism is the whole giant golden spectacles thing. Also the whole part about how if a woman is a really, really good wife her husband may call her up when he becomes a god, and she can be pregnant for the rest of eternity. woo. dry.gif
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#7 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hehe. Yeah, those are great bits. Be a god of your very own universe! No down payment required - just never ever drink alcohol or caffeine (Jesus' wine was REALLY only grape juice, don't date until you're married, go on a two year missions trip directly out of highschool thereby screwing you out of most scholarships to any college other than BYU, and read a whole lot of "and it came to pass that"s in your very own Bible II.

I also like the semi-necromancy that Mormons practice.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 24 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

catholics are big necromancers too...

muslims are a good wholesom people who blow up evil civilians and beat the shit out of women like the abominations they are.
alla praise the great righteousness of global bullies and spit on the infadleic mormans for only insulting their women and not assaulting them...

#9 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:47 PM

Okay, calm down. No one said anything about one religion being better than the other. And just remember not all Muslims are alike, just like not all Mormons are - there are a lot of abusive Mormons, too - even polygamist abusive Mormons (though that's another one of those things that the LDS has abolished in the main church).

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

There's that episode of south park where
they then do tell the Mormon tale-
dum dum dum dum dum.

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jul 24 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, calm down. No one said anything about one religion being better than the other. And just remember not all Muslims are alike, just like not all Mormons are - there are a lot of abusive Mormons, too - even polygamist abusive Mormons (though that's another one of those things that the LDS has abolished in the main church).

ah, 2 things.

1. i'm pleanty calm
2. both those religions suck ass so i'm taking the piss out of them.

it's all in good natured dietaphobia. religions generalize more than any other group, so i'm not going to feel guilty when i generalize them.

#12 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, because two wrongs always make a right. thumbsup.gif Not all of any particular group do one thing, unless you want to go so broad that you cite the belief system of the group itself. I'm sick of this bullshit hate-mongering generalization and I'm not going to tolerate it any longer concerning anything like this.

#13 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:06 AM

Joseph Smith was a prophet, dum dum dum dum dum

Joseph Smith smart smart smart

Martin dum dum dum

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#14 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

Uh... Sure...

How sad is this? When you mention Martin, I think of Uriel Septim's only survivng son after his assassination. *geek out!*

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jul 24 2006, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, because two wrongs always make a right. thumbsup.gif Not all of any particular group do one thing, unless you want to go so broad that you cite the belief system of the group itself. I'm sick of this bullshit hate-mongering generalization and I'm not going to tolerate it any longer concerning anything like this.

fine... two wrongs DO make a right... it's called a double negative.

but have it your way...

i tell you what, come to australia and spend a month living with me, then move to an islamic state for month...

if you survive the latter, tell me which you thought was more fun or oppressive.

(slaoganizer just put up 'barend, whiter than the whitest' ...what's that about?)

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size