Chefelf.com Night Life: Help DESTROY Revenge of the Sith! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Help DESTROY Revenge of the Sith! I have an idea that will work.

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

CLICK HERE

Alright, it may not destroy Revenge of the Sith, but it will definitely lower the rating.

Write a review for ROTS, giving it one star, and an adequate review of why you hate it. This will help lower the stars for the overall product. Right now it has FOUR stars! It doesn't deserve FOUR!

Who is willing to help?
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   Bissrok Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

How does that movie have four stars? It's almost like a thousand people were just browsing around Amazon.com, giving random items five stars.

EDIT: The three and a half stars on TPM and AOTC seems to prove that point.

This post has been edited by Bissrok: 24 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

#3 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

That very plan is already in effect. Some folks are giving it 1 star, to bring its rating down, while others are giving it 5, to bring its rating up. It's a full-on nerd battlezone. Here is a 5-star review:

"SHUT UP BUTTHOLES, July 17, 2006
A Kid's Review
The new star wars movies are as great as the originals in its own way. People who saw only episode 3 are dume. Come on of course you don't understand it. If you think it is silly well you must be 80 years old and grew up watching westerns. SHUT UP! It is space fantesy and science fiction. Go back to your crummy hillbilly house!"

So, yeah.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#4 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:49 AM

But we are an organized group of nerds and geeks.

Care to join in, guys?

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#5 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

Here is my review for 'Revenge of the Sith' on Amazon.com.

There are a lot of negative things to be said about any given movie that has been released throughout history. But what makes a good movie, is if the good things about it, greatly outweigh the bad things about it. A bad movie is just the opposite; and I have seen some very poor movies. If I had a top five list of poor and pathetic movies, 'Revenge of the Sith' would undoubtedly and unfortunately be on that list. There are very few, if any real redeeming qualities about this movie. It isn't a classic... and can never be a classic. It has failed the fans of Star Wars (older fans of the O.T.), and the more intelligent fans. People who really liked and enjoyed this movie, are either in denial, or just plain simpletons.

The story is lacking. The third edition to the saga needed to perhaps be the most powerful. This was the movie that was supposed to be better than any of the others; we were supposed to be moved to tears by the transformation that Anakin took from being himself, to becoming Darth Vader. I wasn't moved.

Characters, were like cardboard cut-outs. There was nothing deep in their personality that made them believable; the whole while watching this movie, I KNEW without a doubt that these were actors saying lines that they had read from a script written by a cop-out director. They had little to work with; the only true emotional part was by Ewan McGregor, when Anakin was about to catch on fire by the lake of lava. Those lines he delivered were the only lines worth remembering and caring about. Rather than that, the dialogue in this movie will be forgotten as the decades slip by.

Are there any good things about this movie at all? Sure. But very few. If you read some of the other HONEST reviews here, you will see that the flaws outweigh any redeeming qualities... and after watching this movie, you will find that George Lucas failed. He failed at pleasing the audience, and failed the entire Star Wars franchise.

But are there good things about the actual DVD itself? The picture quality is 100% top-notch, and there are many bonus features, that even if you hated the movie, you will probably like watching. The features are comprehensive and very interesting.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#6 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

That about sums it up. Or, as my friend said: 'Piece of shit wrapped in gold'.

And yes, ladies and gentlemen, as it has been said numerous times, this movie's a piece of shit. That's it, you can walk away. You needn't get tangled up in this stupid debate, or you'll get baffled, and that'll have an impact on your non-biased judgement.

When you say this film was a total waste of time and money, YOU'RE RIGHT, not those fucks who're trying to tell you how to think.

#7 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

I have to say I really like the idea. Unfortunately, my articulation of my hatred of ROTS and the other PT abortions for that matter would be deemed too offensive to post on any legitimate website. Thats why I have never posted an actual review of any of the movies here or any where else.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#8 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

That about sums it up. Or, as my friend said: 'Piece of shit wrapped in gold'.

And yes, ladies and gentlemen, as it has been said numerous times, this movie's a piece of shit. That's it, you can walk away. You needn't get tangled up in this stupid debate, or you'll get baffled, and that'll have an impact on your non-biased judgement.

When you say this film was a total waste of time and money, YOU'RE RIGHT, not those fucks who're trying to tell you how to think.

Definitely!

I have to say I really like the idea. Unfortunately, my articulation of my hatred of ROTS and the other PT abortions for that matter would be deemed too offensive to post on any legitimate website. Thats why I have never posted an actual review of any of the movies here or any where else.

I know what you mean. wink.gif But could you still write a review? Even if it is offensive? You could water it down a little, of course, just to keep formal.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#9 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

Ok, just for you I did it. And, I feel like I did something for the good of mankind. The best part is: you can make up phony email addresses and keep writing bad reviews!

#10 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

biggrin.gif Thanks man!

My review for the OT DVD's. I'm proudest of this one.

I like the Original Trilogy of Star Wars just as much as the next person, perhaps even moreso. These movies were classics in film history, and will never lose their status as such. Star Wars came along, and changed the way movies were made from then on. For the better? Definitely! New directors and writers aren't afraid to make fantasy or sci-fi movies anymore. We have a lot to owe to the Original Trilogy.

But do we have a lot to owe to the DVD's?

A New Hope: Lucas goes on to further change this one since he made the first real changes back in the Special Editions of 1997. Not only is Mos Eisley crowded, but we get 'new aliens' in the cantena. Sure, the graphics and CGI are good, but they subtract from the actual storyline. One instance of this is Jabba the Hutt visiting Han Solo by the Millenium Falcon. The CGI on this version of Jabba is just TERRIBLE to say the least: he looks like an half-finished piece of computer work that a CGI student did in college or something. Not only does he NOT look real... but he looks downright pathetic. Remarkably, he is a step-down from the CGI of 1997. In this scene, Han Solo proceeds to step on Jabba's tail. There are technical reasons for this having to do with a Jabba stand-in being originally a human, but it totally confuses the story and characters. If Jabba is such a feared and exhalted being, how could Han get away with stepping on his tail and showing BLATANT disrespect and disregard for his authority? Jabba comes across as very unscary now, thanks to the DVD and Special Editions.

The Empire Strikes Back: The change of adding in the snow-monster happened back in '97. It wasn't a plausible and useful addition to the movie: instead of being elusive and more scary, we get to see the snow monster now. I have to admit that some of the shots of Cloud City were interesting, and perhaps forgiveable. But what about the original unedited versions? Were they so bad? Did they subtract from the story? No! Not showing all of Cloud City helped the movie be more mysterious... But now the city is layed bare like a nudist woman.

The Return of the Jedi: This is the weaker movie of the Original Trilogy, in my opinion. But that is for another time and place to discuss its actual weaker points. The CGI changes were almost non-existant to the naked eye, right to about the time at the end when the spirits of the Jedi are standing and watching the celebration of the Ewoks. Notice anything? Of course you noticed! Hayden Christensen has replaced Sebastian Shaw! Why? I don't know! George claims continuity... but if he really cared about continuity, he would have made the Prequel Trilogy better, wouldn't he? It is a cop out and disgrace. This is unforgivable, in my opinion.

There are some bonus features on this DVD, but they hardly make up for the bastadization of the actual movies. Such as commentary (sub-par commentary by sound effects artists, George Lucas, and the director of ESB.)

Also, there is a documentary called 'Empire of Dreams.' THAT is indeed worth watching, if you fail to understand the point of view that older fans of the Original Trilogy have of Star Wars and its legacy.

Do I suggest buying this DVD? No. Would it be a good edition to your collection of ridiculous and cop out editions of classic movies? Yes.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#11 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

These movies were classics in film history, and will never lose their status as such. Star Wars came along, and changed the way movies were made from then on. For the better? Definitely!

I love that statement, because it is how I judge so many movies. Remember Matrix, the original? It set the standard for every fight scene/action sequence after it. Remember Jurrasic Park? It set the standard for reasonable, imaginaitve CGI use. Remember ANH? It set the standard for Sci-fi/fantasy. From the effects, to the villians, to the creatures, you will never find a more complete, groundbreaking fantasy film.

Han shot first!!!!!!

This post has been edited by georgelucas4greedo: 24 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

#12 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

I'm with civ2 (as I normally am) on this one. If we all vote for one star (which I wouldn't give this movie in good conscience, maybe I'd give it two) and all the gushers vote for five stars what is the point? At the end of the day we've only marginally effected the average rating on Amazon.com. So, who cares?

Five star averages don't make something a good movie any more than one star averages make something a bad movie.

It's been 14 months since the movie came out. Let's move on. wink.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#13 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

I love that statement, because it is how I judge so many movies. Remember Matrix, the original? It set the standard for every fight scene/action sequence after it. Remember Jurrasic Park? It set the standard for reasonable, imaginaitve CGI use. Remember ANH? It set the standard for Sci-fi/fantasy. From the effects, to the villians, to the creatures, you will never find a more complete, groundbreaking fantasy film.

Han shot first!!!!!!

You're right! The Matrix was groundbreaking in the movie industry also! Not only did it present a plotline that had never before been put on film, but like you said, it set the standard for fight scenes that would come later in other films.

Jurassic Park was a pioneer-movie of sorts; the plot wasn't completely original, as cloning dinosaurs had been talked about by everyone for years and years; BUT, it did show dinosaurs how they SHOULD be on the big screen, using some CGI as you mentioned before.

I'm with civ2 (as I normally am) on this one. If we all vote for one star (which I wouldn't give this movie in good conscience, maybe I'd give it two) and all the gushers vote for five stars what is the point? At the end of the day we've only marginally effected the average rating on Amazon.com. So, who cares?

Five star averages don't make something a good movie any more than one star averages make something a bad movie.

It's been 14 months since the movie came out. Let's move on.

Yes, but that is what is so positive about it. Both gushers and haters have reviewed it now, and pretty much all is said and done. But if the haters come back with another round, to show that they are sincere, then it will be great!

The gushers don't have the incentive to keep going, like we do. That is the key to the whole thing.

This post has been edited by StarWarsIsUs: 24 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#14 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ Jul 24 2006, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but that is what is so positive about it. Both gushers and haters have reviewed it now, and pretty much all is said and done. But if the haters come back with another round, to show that they are sincere, then it will be great!

The gushers don't have the incentive to keep going, like we do. That is the key to the whole thing.

But at the end of the day all you have proven is that more bashers were convinved to rank the movie poorly on Amazon.com. A ) That doesn't make the movie any worse and B ) it doesn't gain any ground in convincing gushers otherwise.

There will be sites where the movie is rated more favorably than others and sites where it ranked less favorably and the end result is that no one's opinion will be changed.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

personally one star is too many.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size