Chefelf.com Night Life: More proof that Margo Harshman should have played Padme. - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

More proof that Margo Harshman should have played Padme. Look at this

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

Compare. She looks more convincing as Luke's mother as Natalie Portman ever could.

(click image to get bigger view)
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:58 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Margo Harshman? She's pretty as all get out, and yeah, she does have some resemblence to Mark Hamill (are we sure she's not his illegitimate daughter? wink.gif) Star Wars babies!!!

Anyway, I still think Kiera Knightley would've been a great choice over Natalie. Lucas really let that one slip through his fingers.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#3 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

ISUS,
You are obessed with this casting move. I'm not even sure Margo is that talented. She was on a Disney show for godsakes! That leaves her on par with Raven Simone and those annoying twins from Big Daddy
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#4 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Aug 4 2006, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgive my ignorance, but who's Margo Harshman? She's pretty as all get out, and yeah, she does have some resemblence to Mark Hamill (are we sure she's not his illegitimate daughter? wink.gif) Star Wars babies!!!

Anyway, I still think Kiera Knightley would've been a great choice over Natalie. Lucas really let that one slip through his fingers.

I don't think Keira Knightley was old enough at the time. Besides, if Keira had done Star Wars, who would have played Elizabeth Swann in Pirates of the Caribbean? Certainly not Natalie Portman.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

It wouldn't have been a good idea for her career. I'm glad it turned out like this, Natalie Portman didn't have that much problems with it.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Margo Harshman? She's pretty as all get out, and yeah, she does have some resemblence to Mark Hamill (are we sure she's not his illegitimate daughter? ) Star Wars babies!!!

She started off by playing a character from 'Even Stevens'. A rather goofy show that used to air on Disney Channel. Don't know if it still does, but it used to be popular among young teenagers.

Then she played a part in the TV show 'Run of the House' and is currently in the process of being in some upcoming movies.

ISUS,
You are obessed with this casting move. I'm not even sure Margo is that talented. She was on a Disney show for godsakes! That leaves her on par with Raven Simone and those annoying twins from Big Daddy

Harshman, from what I can tell, while not being the greatest actress in the world, had better acting talents than most on the Disney Channel a few years back. Comparing her to Raven Simone is blasphemy. I can't stand Simone, who has no talent in anything but being a porking ignorant fool working for Disney.

The actress Margo Harshman, however, does actually have some talent. And that is why she has been in movies, and different shows, and will be in even more movies.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#7 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

Here is one for my Anakin casting. Jude Law, in my opinion, would have made a fine and believable Anakin. Princess Leia may not strongly resemble him, but they do have several features that are very similar.

Squarish chin (much like Carrie's real dad, Eddie Fisher)
Higher cheek-bones
Defined foreheads
Very defined and set noses

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#8 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

Of course, there is always the question of the eye color when it comes to Jude Law and Carrie Fisher. This could always be solved with color contacts. But keep in mind that I did not alter anything about the pictures above save for the yellow lines to highlight the similarities.

Where would look have got his somewhat whispy light-brown hair? From his mother's thin strands. What about the hair color between Leia and Luke? Well, Luke spent the best part of 19 years on a desert planet with two suns. It is known by many tanners and the such that over-exposure to the sun causes bleaching over time. Mark Hamill's hair did get darker during the last two movies, though it is hard to tell if that was because of age, or because he himself stayed indoors more.

Here are the damning qualities of Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen when it comes to passing genes down to their children. While Hayden MIGHT have been a logical explanation for Leia's features, there are still many road-blocks to get by when it comes to the actual features. But I think we can all agree that Margo Harshman, if only biologically speaking, would have made a finer mother for Luke than Natalie Portman.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size