Chefelf.com Night Life: Trilby's Notes SPOILER CENTRE!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Trilby's Notes SPOILER CENTRE!!!

#76 User is offline   therantinghuman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:FullyRamblomatic.Com, Chris & Trilby

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:07 AM

I just finished playing the game again, and I didn't get any 7DAS flashback this time either. Or flashfront. Whatever. When does the spaceship cargo bay sequence come?!
I'm hungry.

#77 User is offline   Maelin Icon

• New Cop

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (therantinghuman @ Jun 30 2006, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished playing the game again, and I didn't get any 7DAS flashback this time either. Or flashfront. Whatever. When does the spaceship cargo bay sequence come?!
I think it's random, like when occasionally you step into a room and you are the leather-clad John DeFoe from 5DAS. I can't remember what stage of the game in particular I was in when it happened to me.

#78 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

To me it happened when I went into Trilby's room while I was on the porcelain limbs quest. But I completed it again, and it didn't happen. So yeah, I'm guessing it's random.

#79 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

It happened to me when I exited the hotel the first time the reality shift happened - before I'd even picked up the pliers.

#80 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

Those are hallucinations caused by the pills. I first thought it was an easter egg or a bug in the game. Seeing I couldn't repeat it, it then scared the heck out of me because I was no longer sure I could perfectly make the difference between what was real and what wasn't in the game. It kinda helped to the mood of the game. It's only 30 minutes later, as I was slowly calming and unfrightening myself while taking a shower, that I suddently remembered reading on the pills that they cause hallucination so I began to understand.

Best way to see those are to take several pills in one shot and keep going back and forth between 2 room. It's random so you may have to repeat those 2 steps for several minutes. I found 4 in total, one in Defoe manor's basement, one in 7DaS' ship, one in the druid's house and one where you're suddently clothed as the wielder. There's also moments where any commands give the same "It hurt. It hurt. It hurt it hurt it hurt it hurt it hurt it hurt it hurt..." message even if you're not hallucinating.

QUOTE (therantinghuman @ Jun 29 2006, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no holes in the plot (except for that birthday slip-up. But it's a retcon now)...

Don't forget the cliff that is behind the fence in 5DaS, but which is never shown on any picture of the manor. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Blueskirt: 30 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

#81 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

For me, those 'it hurts' messages when I was trying to enter the bar - in the real world - were the freakiest part of the game.

#82 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Blueskirt @ Jun 30 2006, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are hallucinations caused by the pills. I first thought it was an easter egg or a bug in the game. (...) I suddently remembered reading on the pills that they cause hallucination so I began to understand.

Hmm, I think I'll make a comic of Trilby OD-ing on the tranquilizers. Thanks for the idea. wink.gif

#83 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

Oh, while I remember - is 'his body his here but his soul is not' a Lovecraft reference, or am I reading too much into it?

#84 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:27 AM

I don't think you're reading too much into it, it's clear that Yahtzee was influenced by many previous works (games, novels, films). For example, the shifting between dark and real world reminded me of Darkseed, the 'evil hotel' setting might have been a tribute to Shining, etc. etc.

#85 User is offline   Pudding Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

it hurts.
it hurts.
it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts

...that command screw up thingy was only vaguely annoying for me cause I thought I was going to die suddenly or some stupid shit that I'd have to run away from would decide to happen. I felt annoyed when nothing happened.

How many times can you actually die in this game? I've found three, one from waiting too long to kick Tally McKill, one from strolling casually over the beetles, and one from the ritual at the end. The beetle one was the only one I died from my first time through the game - this may be unique but I got the ritual first time. >_>

#86 User is offline   Zeeky H. Bomb Icon

• New Cop

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:46 PM

First off, very well done game (as were the last two) -- easily the scariest I've seen since 'The Lurking Horror' (wouldn't be surprised if Yahtzee wrote that one too, even if he was only about 3 when that one came out). Definitely scarier than stuff like Alone in the Dark or Phantasmagoria, and almost certainly a sweep in the AGS awards (yeah, I know, 2006 isn't over yet, but I'd like to see Ben Jordan take on something like Chzo) . Can't wait for the special edition.

Out of curiosity, was there any reason why the game was set in 1997 -- putting 5DAS in '93 as well? The only thing I could come up with would be lack of cellphones. Or possibly the storyline's been in the works for over 9 years....
Signatures are overrated.

#87 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Pudding @ Jul 1 2006, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many times can you actually die in this game? I've found three, one from waiting too long to kick Tally McKill, one from strolling casually over the beetles, and one from the ritual at the end. The beetle one was the only one I died from my first time through the game - this may be unique but I got the ritual first time. >_>

You found them all, unless you count the 'getting-stuck-on-the-ship-with-the-African-guy'-bug as a death, since it basically screws the game up for you.

#88 User is offline   Zazzo Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hey; I'm REPLAYING Trilby's Notes!

And, there are two things in the intro that I never got the first time through -- and now that I've beaten the game I still don't get them!

Who the heck is James Fowler?? Trilby told him to go into hiding after learning the idol was out in the wild.

What killed Simone? Maybe we learn this next game.

#89 User is offline   Bluke4x4 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Zazzo @ Jul 5 2006, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who the heck is James Fowler?? Trilby told him to go into hiding after learning the idol was out in the wild.

What killed Simone? Maybe we learn this next game.

James Fowler is Jim from 5DAS... I figured that out rather easily... And when I first played the game, I thought Simone was murdered by the Welder as it mentions a big weapon and a big assailant, but when I played through the game a second time, I realized it was probably the Tall Man.

#90 User is offline   CJ Marren Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Wrestling, games, books, music, working out,

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

Absolutely superb game, probably the best Trilby one so far.

One thing Yahtzee might want to look at is this:

At one stage, I was searching around and went outside to the yard in the other realm (evil). The ladder was broken and I couldn't see any way of getting back without re-loading.... might cause someone bother!

Seriously though Benjamin, terrific game - more good karma coming your way.

CJ, out.
<!--quoteo(post=174818:date=Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM:name=Cobnat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobnat @ Oct 14 2007, 09:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=174818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Lets all have sex with robots until our groins are sore and bloody!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=169306:date=Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Aug 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=169306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#483D8B--><span style="color:#483D8B"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->So why the unholy flying purple donkeypunching fuck will it not work on yours? Just what kind of machine are you running there? Your toaster?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And the man again!
<!--quoteo(post=180859:date=Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM:name=Legion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legion @ Jan 16 2008, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=180859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In my opinion it's saying, fuck the lightsabers and special effects and fuck your voiceovers and fuck your stupid multimilliondollar game studios; you don't need any of those to make brilliant and scary games that will fuck with your head.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<u><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->My Getting Huge Progress (Gym and weight gain diet)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></u>
<b>May '07:</b> 11st (154lbs)
<b>August '07:</b> 12st 7lbs (175lbs)
<b>November '07:</b> 12st 9lbs (177lbs)
<b>December '07:</b> 12st 11lbs (179lbs)
<b>January '08:</b> 12st 12lbs (180lbs)
<b>Febuary '08:</b> 13st 2lbs (184lbs)
<b>March '08:</b> 13st 7lbs (189lbs)

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size