Chefelf.com Night Life: Trilby's Notes SPOILER CENTRE!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Trilby's Notes SPOILER CENTRE!!!

#121 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

It probably will be added later.

And once again, TN is not set in the same canon as YTOTW and GOFW, read up a bit after that quote to know why.

EDIT: Okay, there's this Federation thing in both 7DAS and P12, but so in Star Trek, does that mean they're from the same canon? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 21 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

#122 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Guarding pies

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Jul 21 2006, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It probably will be added later.

And once again, TN is not set in the same canon as YTOTW and GOFW, read up a bit after that quote to know why.

EDIT: Okay, there's this Federation thing in both 7DAS and P12, but so in Star Trek, does that mean they're from the same canon? tongue.gif

Now that I remember it, it's also mentioned that 7DaS takes place 40 years after P12 in the 7DaS SE's commentary. wink.gif

#123 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

And what does that entail?

EDIT: Oh right, 7DaS takes place later, and no aliens, whereas in P12 there are. Sorry, had a long day at work, filled with American tourists.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 23 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

#124 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

I may not be the first one to point this out, but I don't see it anywhere else, and I just realized it today: The merchant guy whose flashback you have to do at the inn is called Somerset and has dark hair just like the protagonist of 7DAS. I'd really like to see the family trees of these guys (Somerset, Taylor, Chahal), no easy stunt they pulled, having been able to preserve their names in the lineage for so long.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, nobody pointed this out because it's so obvious, I know. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 25 July 2006 - 08:51 AM

#125 User is offline   the_dudefather Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

he talks about that in the commentary if i remember right

anyway: what actualy happens on the night in the defoe manor? from what i gather it goes like this:

-dad gets pissed,dad kills son.dad buries remains under bathroom tiles.son comes back from dead and kills dad and brother

or:
-dad gets pissed.dad beats son (but doesnt kill him).son escapes (possibly thanks to matthew).son wears and wields whatever he finds lying around kitchen.son kills everyone. burys their remains....including himself

or
-dad ges pissed.dad gets ice cream.dad distributes ice cream to sons.full of ice cream and reasonably giddy from sugar, they agree to play a hilarious joke on the future by coming back as ghosts to kill people

#126 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

I've just finished Trilby's Notes SE (the joy of procrastination) and I'm wondering, is it me, or Yahtzee gave us enough hints to guess Trilby's real name in the special editions of 7DaS and TN?

#127 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:45 AM

NO NO NO! Don't discuss that here, I might scrape together enough cash one day to get meself the special edition versions, and I don't want the fun to be spoilt for me. Please make another topic about that (if Yahtzee doesn't close it down).

#128 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Jul 30 2006, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO NO NO! Don't discuss that here, I might scrape together enough cash one day to get meself the special edition versions, and I don't want the fun to be spoilt for me. Please make another topic about that (if Yahtzee doesn't close it down).

Erm... this is the spoiler thread. It says right there in the title.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#129 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

Best thing about it is, that Mr. Kyo was the one who started it.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#130 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:18 AM

I meant Trilby's Notes spoiler thread, not Trilby's Notes Special Edition spoiler thread. But then again, you're right, nevermind what I said.

#131 User is offline   Blueskirt Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

Don't worry man, I wan't planning to throw any names at all, and I certainly hope nobody would be dumb enough to spoil everyone the fun of trying to discover the name. I was mostly just asking people who played both SE of these games to tell me if I'm either paranoid enough to see links where there's none or if I my theory isn't too far fetched after all. But yeah, maybe it would be better on if it was in another spoiler thread.

#132 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

You're probably not reading too much into it. In (most of) Yahtzee's games you don't get all the answers to your questions at the ending if you don't think over what you've seen, turning them into a mental challenge (artwork wink.gif). This is the point that I particularly disliked about adventure games made by other designers, that even if they succeed in making a plausible plot with believable characters, they give all the answers to you on plate at the ending, even though it's often better to keep the player in suspense. Remember the ending of the first Matrix film? They should've stopped there.

And sorry about panicking about you spoiling the SE version for me, I just thought that talking about SE was a sort of taboo, since (according to my belief, at least) less people would donate for them if they knew what they were about.

#133 User is offline   MikeS619 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

The closest we have to Trilby's name is Terrance Rilby, and we all know that's fake.

#134 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

He was talking about some hints in the Special Edition version, I'm guessing we get to know more things there.

#135 User is offline   Teradoxx Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:26 AM

I need help. Until now I have enjoyed the other games, they are really kick-ass. As I went to play this third, I thoguht to myself that his might be even better. And so it was.

But i'm stuck now. I have watched the Matthew DeFoe flashback (Touch painting, get brandy, you know the deal), I have grabbed some of the meat, I have a matchbox and I have talked to Abed Chahal about some pointless stuff. Now i'm wondering aimlessly around, because I don't know what to do next. Plase help, so I can enjoy this game even more.

Have a nice day! thumbsup.gif

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size