• « First
  • Last »

Tilby's Notes The new game

#46 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Music!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:40 PM

am i supposed to die at the end or do i do somthing i cant figure it out!?!?!
"The other night I took an eighty-year-old taxidermied monkey, set it on fire in the pool and filmed it from beneath with an underwater camera," says Marilyn Manson, sitting in his home in Los Angeles. "It was beautiful, like the Titanic, the Hindenburg and King Kong all mixed into one."

"There's no time to discriminate, hate every motherfucker thats in your way!"---Marilyn Manson, The Beautiful People

"What's my name, what's my name, hold the S because I am an AINT!"---Marilyn Manson, s(AINT)

"Fuck it all, Fuck this world, Fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't Exist, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!"---Slipknot, Surfacing

"Injustice made its mark, All the political whores only come out after dark, If anyone knows the way, Build me a bridge so i don't fall astray."---Nevermore, Inside Four Walls

IPB Image

#47 User is offline   Maduin Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

It's like he said...

Trilby dies on his own terms, not someone else's.

#48 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

like suicide i tried that tho....
"The other night I took an eighty-year-old taxidermied monkey, set it on fire in the pool and filmed it from beneath with an underwater camera," says Marilyn Manson, sitting in his home in Los Angeles. "It was beautiful, like the Titanic, the Hindenburg and King Kong all mixed into one."

"There's no time to discriminate, hate every motherfucker thats in your way!"---Marilyn Manson, The Beautiful People

"What's my name, what's my name, hold the S because I am an AINT!"---Marilyn Manson, s(AINT)

"Fuck it all, Fuck this world, Fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't Exist, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!"---Slipknot, Surfacing

"Injustice made its mark, All the political whores only come out after dark, If anyone knows the way, Build me a bridge so i don't fall astray."---Nevermore, Inside Four Walls

IPB Image

#49 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

Keep trying.

I just completed it, and I was pleased. Minor niggle - in the first scene in Siobhan's room, she and Trilby both say something that's spelled wrong. I can't remember the word, now, but it has an 'ou' spelling when it should be an 'o' spelling. Even in English. smile.gif

It begins with C. Ugh, this is so annoying.

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that I can offer my services as a third mirror, if needed. I don't know if my bandwidth could take it, but the offer's there if you need it.

This post has been edited by Willeth: 26 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

#50 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

if u mean the word color, no it is spelled colour in England.

IPB Image

#51 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

I know. I'm English. It's not that.

I'll have to play through again in a minute to remember what it was.

#52 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:11 PM

man can u please just tell me how cuz im getting a little pissed about the last scene

IPB Image

#53 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

There's no need. You're on the right track, seriously. Besides, someone posted a fuill walkthrough earlier in the thread, I think.

This post has been edited by Willeth: 26 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

#54 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

ya but the walthrough only says "die" that isnt much help.

This post has been edited by s(AINT): 26 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

IPB Image

#55 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

Yes it is.

That's it, I'm going to bed. I'm sure I'll come back tomorrow to a load of posts laughing at the new guys acting as if they've been here for years. Ah well.

#56 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

I,ve tried the cammand "die" that dosnt work, or all commands i can think of with the words suicide, die, death, kill, but nothing will work so...... ya

This post has been edited by s(AINT): 26 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

IPB Image

#57 User is offline   Maelin Icon

• New Cop

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

I finished the game yesterday (there were about 6 posts in here at the time) but the validation e-mail didn't send so I couldn't post about it. Grrr.

SPOILERS

Anyway, it was awesome. So incredibly creepy. Every time I walked through a doorway and shifted into the dark world, I'd feel the hair on the back of my neck rise, and soon my whole scalp felt tight. I was jumpy and nervous. The very final scene where The Tall Man wanders out of the shadows with his new "voice", that was particularly shudder-worthy. The last puzzle had me stuck for a little while, but I eventually figured it out.

END SPOILERS

I actually find it interesting that when people are playing a game, if they know that there is help for puzzles they're stuck on, they are less likely to actually expend effort solving them themselves. I do it myself sometimes, if I'm playing a game, and I get stuck, I'll puzzle away for a little while, then check a walkthrough. But then, once I've done it once, I won't really give much effort to any subsequent puzzles that I can't work out.

None of the puzzles in this game were particularly tough, they all just took a little thinking (and in some cases, a reload or two). One problem I've noticed people having on here is that they seem to be worrying too much about solving one particular puzzle. If you can't work out what to do about one thing in particular, leave it and go look around some more. That might not be the puzzle you should be working on right now.

All in all, awesome work, Ben. All of your games have been great, but this one was the greatest for atmosphere and storyline. I look forward to your next effort.

#58 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

Aye, that's very true. I know that if I hadn't have asked, I probably wouldn't have managed to type in the right command in the bathroom, as to me it wasn't a counter. It was just 'sink'. So whenever I'd type 'examine sink' it'd tell me about the blood and dirt, and nothing else. Similar situation with having to get the tools as Mbouta - I'd be typing 'move hands' and getting frustrated - although I like to think I'd have figured that one out by myself if I hadn't found it on the forum.

But yeah, walkthroughs can break enjoyment of a game if you don't regulate your use of them. smile.gif

#59 User is offline   s(AINT) Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

ok.... if u are saying this because im anoying u buddy i only asked for help on a couple parts, and i even gave u help for one and it was a direct answer, but u wont evan give me a relavant hint.

IPB Image

#60 User is offline   FastEddie Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (s(AINT) @ Jun 26 2006, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok.... if u are saying this because im anoying u buddy i only asked for help on a couple parts, and i even gave u help for one and it was a direct answer, but u wont evan give me a relavant hint.

It's not that hard, that's why. Seriously, wouldn't you rather work it out for yourself?

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size