Chefelf.com Night Life: The final nail in the SW coffin - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

The final nail in the SW coffin Hayden that worthless piece of bantha fodder

#1 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:24 AM

Last night, Hayden Christensen won an MTV movie award for best villian for his role as Darth Vader. When Hayden reached the stage, he thanked George Lucas for creating such an interesting character to play. Now wait a minute, there was nothing interesting about PT Anakin Skywalker. Vader in the OT, however, was one of the best villians and best characters in fantasy, perhaps, movie history.

So Hayden and GL you already had a great character,....from 25+ years ago!! All you had to do was not mess Vader up and you did!! Shame on both of you!

GL is no genius Hayden, hes a greedy piece of crap that destroyed SW. He made your character scream "NOOOOOOOO!" in slow motion!!! WTF. Just be happy that the only person who was dragged down on the NOOO ship was James Earl Jones.

Hayden, you will never be Vader. You are just some preppy douchebag who played Anakin Skywalker in some crappy movies that seem to plagarize ANH, ESB, and ROTJ.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#2 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ Jun 9 2006, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night, Hayden Christensen won an MTV movie award for best villian for his role as Darth Vader. When Hayden reached the stage, he thanked George Lucas for creating such an interesting character to play. Now wait a minute, there was nothing interesting about PT Anakin Skywalker. Vader in the OT, however, was one of the best villians and best characters in fantasy, perhaps, movie history.

So Hayden and GL you already had a great character,....from 25+ years ago!! All you had to do was not mess Vader up and you did!! Shame on both of you!

GL is no genius Hayden, hes a greedy piece of crap that destroyed SW. He made your character scream "NOOOOOOOO!" in slow motion!!! WTF. Just be happy that the only person who was dragged down on the NOOO ship was James Earl Jones.

Hayden, you will never be Vader. You are just some preppy douchebag who played Anakin Skywalker in some crappy movies that seem to plagarize ANH, ESB, and ROTJ.

Too true. All too true.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

There goes my faith in the MTV generation... really, I'm not all that much into the topic, but damn, even I could tell that Hayden's Vader was very, very, very, very, very, very AND very (not to forget: very) far away from being a good villain. Or a believable one, for that matter. Very, very far away.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:30 PM

Might not be as bad as you think. MTV may hand out awards to people who are guaranteed to show up and accept them so they can play promos to death in the weeks leading up to the show about who is going to appear. Dick Clark does the same with the Teen Choice Awards and Billboard Music Awards. Its an easy way for a number of publicists to get their client some publicity. So, from a certain point of view, it tells us that Hayden has little else to do work-wise and was probably glad at another parting chance at publicity. Its not like the MTV award carries any weight with it or that he's going to get anymore work out of getting it.

#5 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:50 AM

NOTE: I did not see the broadcast mentioned, as I do not watch MTV.

I did, however, read georgelucas4greedo's report on the whole thing.

UGH!! wacko.gif sick.gif yell.gif

Now, however, if Hayden had been accepting a Golden Raspberry Award, with the same aplomb Halle Berry did not too long ago, thanking Fox and Lucasfilm for putting him into such a piece of shit, then dragging George on stage, as Halle did to her manager (agent?) and telling him, "Next time read the script!" I'd have respect for him.

#6 User is offline   Jedi_1138 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Mythology, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Aikido, Kenjutsu, BtVS, Angel, CSI

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

Didn't Christian actually win the Golden Razzie?

And...ok, that may be my certain point of view...but shouldn't the actors/actresses read the script too?

On the other hand...I hope we all know that Neeson, McGregor and Portman can do much, much better. Haydon? Maybe he's not getting a chance after his 'performance'.

Don't think the actors are to blame, though. I hear a director has much to do with it too...

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

THose awards mean f all.

Grammys, MTV, etc..

It's all garbage. The nomminees consist of one or two artists who sold lots and the rest are throw away nomminees. The judges looked for a well known villian and took 4 other lesser known villians, put their names on a card and gave the better known one a victory tick.

When Velvet revolver got nomminated for best Rock band at the MTV's, ie throw away band, i turned it off in disgust.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

Jedi 1138, I don't know if he actually won the Golden Raspberry Award, though he seemed to be a favorite with Razzie voters. I am willing to bet, however, that he did NOT go and pick up said award in person. Before Halle Berry won her Razzie, the most prominent person to collect in person was Paul Verhoeven, who directed Showgirls.

I don't blame the PT actors for such a rotten series of movies, either. Unfortunately, some directors treat their actors like puppets, instead of trusting that they hired a professional performer who knows how to act. The most glaring example of this is Liam Neeson. Though I loved Tom Hanks' performance in Philadelphia, Liam deserved the Oscar that year much more for Schindler's List. angry.gif Of course, no one I ever root for wins anyway, so FUCK the Oscars.

I agree with Jordan that awards are a waste of time. So when the Oscars or any other award ceremony comes on, I make sure I am doing something else.

The final nail in the SW coffin for me was "She has lost the will to live." I was on the verge of standing up and saying, "So has anyone else who was suckered into watching this POS!"

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

tongue.gif Nailed That One!

#10 User is offline   Jedi_1138 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Mythology, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Aikido, Kenjutsu, BtVS, Angel, CSI

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

Ok, count me in on that statement about Padme.
In a way, that's even more unbeliveable than the acting.

On Hayden and Razzies, here's a link...Wikipedia_Golden Razzies_2002

Hope that link works

It doesn't say if he picked the 'award' in person, though.

However, I guess a director with the skills of GL would have been much better off with CGI only. Something like Shrek 3 or stuff like that. Instead of releying on something weak like human actors. Of course, he couldn't come up with a good screenplay for a movie like that, so...

And regarding Hale Berry...didn't she win it for Cat Woman? You'd think nothing can go wrong with a movie about Halle Berry in a tight latex suit. Yeah, right.

However, awards of any kind doesn't impress me either. It seems that Hollywood has two seasons...one for making money and doing blockbusters and one for making 'artistical' ones. So, to quote the immortal Humphey Bogart: "An Oscar doesn't mean anything unless all of the nominees (sp?) play Hamlett."

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size