Page 1 of 1

Solar Panels

#1 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:05 PM

Solar Panels

I hear that certain countries give their people money towards buying solar panels for their houses. Sounds like a good idea but I am looking at the possible downsides. As well as money, will people with solar panels eventually be paying another kind of tax when natural gas runs out? I mean for hot places without nuclear energy and limited resources.

For sharing the energy all the houses with solar panels could be wired together. This way the government or states could build new underground networks to deduct a percentage of electricity from each person’s home for their own use. Maybe they can draw directly from the panel or batteries and also including a dedicated percentage for local services such as the devices on the street.

The good thing is, the electricity can be shared out between people who are without electricity, gas and solar panels.

What are you views towards this?
Do you think that energy from solar panels should be shared?

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:02 PM

I think that they are a great way to use a clean, renewable energy source.

Taxation: Of course they'd be taxed, as everything gets taxed. If a government can milk more money out of its public, it will, guaranteed.

My main problem with them is their lack of ability to match the output of a conventional powerplant, and reliance on good weather. What do you do if it's cloudy for a few days straight?

What do you mean about energy being "shared"?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jun 13 2006, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that they are a great way to use a clean, renewable energy source.

Taxation: Of course they'd be taxed, as everything gets taxed. If a government can milk more money out of its public, it will, guaranteed.

My main problem with them is their lack of ability to match the output of a conventional powerplant, and reliance on good weather. What do you do if it's cloudy for a few days straight?

What do you mean about energy being "shared"?

For the reliance on good weather as below on solar panels, sharing for an entire nation the people can have rechargeable batteries or build large storages of rechargeable batteries maybe in a shed or underground and set the appropriate numbers of batteries to charge depending on the brightness and output.

I mean shared energy by connecting all the solar panels on the street.

So if all the houses on a street had solar panels I have an idea that they can connect them all up to balance or share the electricity with rechargeable batteries. This way the government or state can use a percentage of that electricity from each person's home (homes with solar panels) as a form of tax for their own use and for powering up the street. A percentage of electricity to be used depending on the size from each panel or all panels or battery storage. *This is why I think some countries are being nice and over generous to people who are buying solar panels.*

Do you think this is a good solution?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 14 June 2006 - 07:32 AM

#4 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

Stop trying to think of ways for the government to tax us! Here in Britian they are already planning to introduce to an internet tax, we already pay over 50% tax on petrol, tax to watch TV, value added tax, stamp duty, inheritance tax, council tax, poll tax, income tax, car tax, capital gains tax, national insurance, and hundreds more. Pretty much anything that we do is taxed. That's why I'm immigrating as soon as I graduate, our government only cares about one thing: taking our money and doing nothing with it but going to a war for no reason.

Although, its a given that many of these are legitimate taxes, most of them are just ways for the government to piss us off.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 15 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

#5 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

I like to think of ways to how people can be taxed. If it is right I get the joy of being one step ahead.

Internet tax?

You mean someone's idea to include the television tax alongside with any internet connection or integrating them both to one tax. Or secondly making it compulsory for people to pay for how much bandwidth they use perhaps by the megabyte instead of the time. Pay per use, again!

Oh I agree with you, I read they are already doing that, except people pay before hand for their capped rate. I look around on their sites and it is like an insult. Places like BT to "home customers" who calls their packages with the words, I think "Unlimited" (They really mean people can connect and use it anytime they want but not the bandwidth limitations they set. I think it is so misleading to call it unlimited.

I asked a BT person over the phone about the "home packages" and he came out with all that mass majority rubbish again. "The mass majority does THIS!" "The Mass majority don't notice." I said "But I do" "Well you are not the mass majority and unfortunately we can't help you." But I suppose the government there would help if the mass majority has compulsory this and that which I may not want.

As an example: Also I couldn't do with Wanadoo to what I might have wanted to do. "40 GB a month is massive, we did a survey and found on average that most of our customers don't use that much." Yes on average they may appear not to do. Now I need a straight answer do you do unlimited downloading and uploading or not?" "I am sorry we don't cater for your needs."

One day they could be fitting or setting up internet meters, with people who say "Yes Pay Per what You Use is the fairest way to pay for your internet due to the demand on networks." Excuse is likely to be the demand. They seem to offer bandwidth to customers that they cannot sustain and tell people these excuses after they pay. Soon they could be playing around with charging people more or less with on-peak and off-peak demands. The lesson to some people is that cheap packages offered by large companies are not always the true answer.

Simple: This is like putting ten people in a five carrier boat.

Back to solar panels: I think it is a good idea but one solution is to not take anything from the government(s) and it could be difficult for them to bring in rulings to tax electricity. I mean with electricity not money. This way people can rent solar panels from the government(s) who pay towards the costs but in return for a larger percentage of their electricity to how much the solar panel produces.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size