• (3 Pages)
  • +

whats wrong with yoda? Lucas' words

#31 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

Yoda was successful with adults, but never children. My daughter, when she was finally old enough to understand the movies, thought that Yoda was an old man's animated corpse. So I made Jar Jar for the kids. Worked out MUCH better than Yoda. - George Lucas

Unsuccessful with children? Exactly whose children did he ask? I was 14 when ESB came out, and took my 9 year old cousin with me to the theater. He was ENTRANCED by Yoda, which did not keep him from continually swiping my Chewbacca figure whenever he had the chance. I talked to others, with kids of their own or younger siblings, and they all reported the same thing. The kids LOVED Yoda. He could be silly, and he could also be a good teacher.

How could stupid, inane Jar Jar, who was a walking, (and unfortunately) talking collection of some of the most offensive racist cliches, possibly be mentioned like that, in the same sentence as YODA??? HOW was he a success, when there is an almost universal LOATHING of Jar Jar, while Yoda is still considered incredibly cool?

For the record, I don't consider that pathetic parody of a similar looking creature in the PT to be Yoda. The REAL Yoda would never have walked away from that fight with Palpy.

God, what is wrong with him!?

CowboyCurtis, I think you may have named the one entity who could possibly answer that question.

This post has been edited by miladyblue: 24 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

#32 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

I think the George Lucas quote is fake. Not mine, but the StarWarsisUs quote...
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#33 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

Yoda from the OT was just awesome. Yoda from the PT was just some crumby CG action star. I thought his fighting with a lightsaber was pointless. Sure we got a laugh from it the first time seeing him fight, but those weren't laughs of delight. It was sick. I felt uncomfortable after seeing that in AOTC. From how we see Yoda in the OT, I guessed that he wouldn't need a lightsaber in any sort of fight. In the OT, we didn't see Yoda look constipated when he lifted Luke's X-wing from the swamp. In the PT, Yoda looked amaturish when doing anything. He was weak. PT Yoda looked sordid too and he wasn't even in the swamp yet!

#34 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ Jun 1 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator,

I dont know about that one....that last Terminator film wasnt all too serious

"Talk to the hand"

Terminator demands clothes from male entertainer: "Whoa! Bitch! wait your turn!"

Terminator puts on Elton John style frames

Terminator tells attendant at AM/PM gas station to "Talk to the hand"

Arnie says: "She'll be back"

The 12 year wait for this film, to only be disappointed by it was worse than the 13 year wait from ROTJ to TPM wait and disappointment that followed.

yell.gif

I meant 16 year wait, not 13 wink.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#35 User is offline   Infernus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

Yoda's presence in this movie definitely helped make it the classic it is today. While I prefer Return of the Jedi overall, to this one, the Dagobah scenes had a sense of mystery that was later partially ruined with over exposure of the character in 2 of the 3 prequels.

#36 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (Yobo @ Jun 4 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yoda seems to be a little stir crazy considering he's been on dagobah for many years with as far as we know little outside contact.

Funny how, out of the entire planet, Luke crashed his X-Wing within a few miles of Yoda's house. I guess Yoda must have used the force to.. um.. crash him there.

What bit about PT Yoda was, when he lost the battle with the emperor, he turned tail and ran. Heroes don't run from a fight and if they must, they run for the hills and hide for 20 years while the people of the Republic suffer. Not that life under the Empire looked too bad anyway: many people, rich and happy. Corrupt payments to Imperial Officials (eluded too in fan-fiction, never on screen). Not like that would happen in a Democracy anyway.

#37 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Jun 29 2007, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that life under the Empire looked too bad anyway: many people, rich and happy.

Vader did make the hover trains run on time. Unless of course you were a Wookie or lived on Aldeeran.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#38 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:04 PM

Reminds me of the Simpsons segment where Bart as David killed Son of Golliath. When "David" was the victor, people complained that they had roads, museums, libraries.

It featured a great "over the top" working out sequence. And actually it turns out that Ralph was the hero. Yep!

#39 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ Jun 30 2007, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vader did make the hover trains run on time. Unless of course you were a Wookie or lived on Aldeeran.

The Aldeeran thing was a big mistake, ending a period of peace and prosperity with an act of sheer stupidity. Left the Empire's name covered in mud, and did nothing for it. It was, if you will, the Empire's Gitmo.

Palpatine: "You blew up what!? Why? Well why didn't you just pretend? Sheesh!"

#40 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Toru-chan @ Jun 29 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Palpatine: "You blew up what!? Why? Well why didn't you just pretend? Sheesh!"

That reminds me of that skit from Robot Chicken. You know the one... laugh.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size