• (2 Pages)
  • +

Precognition

#16 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:22 AM

Yes for most dreams as well as knowing that something unfortunate is going to happen I only know in the detail I need after the event has happened.

For psychics I like to know why and how the event is going to happen. There were articles I have read about psychics who rejected certain people after reading their palms without telling them on what is going to happen. The outcome I see was that they get caught up in an accident days or weeks later.

There was one psychic who told a lady not to take a ride in her boyfriend's car whilst he was driving, months later she did alongside with friends and they had an accident.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 01 June 2006 - 08:26 AM

#17 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity & Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

I've only had one psychic dream in my entire life, and that was back when I was still in high-school. I had a dream that I was going to go out somewhere and be late returning home. I didn't think much of it, but the next day I went to the movies to see "The Phantom" (a waste of time, I know wink.gif) and as I was riding my bike home a woman who was stopped at an exit to a McDonald's just decided to pull out in front of me as I was riding past on the sidewalk and hit the front tire of my bike sending me flying out into the busy street to the right of us. Miraculously I wasn't hit by any more cars, nor was I even really injured in any way, but the woman called the paramedics and the ones who just happened to respond were my father and his partner who work at the fire station just up the street from where the accident occured! Anyway, we just made the woman pay for the repairs to my bike and all was well, but I guess that I should have listened to that dream and not gone out that day. While I can't say that I've had any more dreams as clear as that, I do like to try and interpret my dreams and I do quite often get many many feelings of deja vu which for me just tells me that I am doing the right thing and that I am in the right place at the right time.

#18 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

Short answer: I have dreams, forget about them, something happens where I get deja vu, and I'm left wondering if I've dreamed it before or not. Sometimes I have, sometimes I'm just being odd.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#19 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

happy.gif Oh yeah, I know that feeling. I find myself wondering whether I just dreamed something or really did it quite often.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#20 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

I have difficulty just distinguishing more detailed dreams from reality. In the past, I have actually turned in homework that was never assigned because I dreamed it was.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#21 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:32 PM

oo, I have dreams like that. I'll think my roommate said something ridiculous, so I'll ask her about it, and she'll be like "I never said that." and I'll think about it and realize there's no way she ever said that, it's just too ridiculous, I must have dreamt it. Another time I dreamt I took some survey online and got $20 for it on my student account, and then in real life I was like "yay I have $20" so I went to pay for something with it and they were like "it didn't work" and then I was sad because I only dreamt I had twenty dollars.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#22 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

Yes I always try and remember not to buy anything, it disappoints me when I wake up.

#23 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE: In this aspect, I have a theory... that people like me and (if what Ion Eon is telling us it true) Ion Eon are the evolution of man, not to say we are more advanced, but to say that we were born to be more tuned to these 'visions' and 'powers' and that we can do so much more if we focusted enough...

too true, too true
OH NO!!!

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

I don't think it takes any sort of silly extra evolution at all. There've been mystics and people who dream things that end up coming true for thousands of years. There are just some strange things that some people can do. It has nothing to do with any evolution. If anything if happened on the step from homo sapiens to homo sapiens sapiens. Kindly step off of your throne, my dear Cobnat. Well, this one, at least. I couldn't care less about the petty warlording and what-not. tongue.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#25 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jun 3 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it takes any sort of silly extra evolution at all. There've been mystics and people who dream things that end up coming true for thousands of years. There are just some strange things that some people can do. It has nothing to do with any evolution. If anything if happened on the step from homo sapiens to homo sapiens sapiens. Kindly step off of your throne, my dear Cobnat. Well, this one, at least. I couldn't care less about the petty warlording and what-not. tongue.gif

You say that now... but my time will come soon...

shifty.gif

#26 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

I am thinking on why some readers reject people. Could they be tied to the knowledge or a certain intelligence which could interfere or cause the rejected customers to have the accident as forseen, if they are told?

#27 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Jun 4 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking on why some readers reject people. Could they be tied to the knowledge or a certain intelligence which could interfere or cause the rejected customers to have the accident as forseen, if they are told?

Superstition and Disbelief is the cause, people dont want anything different from thier boring little sheep like lives. So they shake everything off.

#28 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

It seems partially true to me until they become uncomfortable and bored. Maybe the reader could already see that.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 04 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

#29 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Jun 4 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems partially true to me until they become uncomfortable and bored. Maybe the reader could already see that.

Doubtful, a persons own lies cloud thier minds to anything new or different, its a shame when such things happen on such a massive scale and its a bigger shame that people like me allow it to further our ends.

#30 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

Oh a person's lies clouds their own mind. So they could cross the barrier of unrealistic expectations?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size