Chefelf.com Night Life: X Men Last Stand - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

X Men Last Stand Last time I get my hopes up...

#1 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:18 AM

I saw x men last night. It started out pretty good, but it finished pretty weak. I wont go into details, but most people who are fans of the comics will probably hate it. It was an enjoyable movie if you can turn your brain off for an hour and a half. If not, the cheesy one-liners and the sloppy end sequence will drive you crazy. I was a big fan of the first two movies and up until about an hour into the movie, I though this one would be even better. But…

Also, I feel it necessary to mention once again (I’m pretty sure I’ve said it before on a different thread) that Halle Berry is the crappiest Storm ever.

#2 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

She really is.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#3 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

I really liked the movie, but it was way too fast. So many characters, too little time. It could have been better if it was longer and better written. I know fans are pissed because it isn't like the comics, but I don't really like comics so I don't care.

So, did anyone saw the scene at the end of the credits?
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#4 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:13 PM

No. What happened?

#5 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

No, I didn't. I left, annoyed at how short it was. Turned out I'd gone into the wrong showing...
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#6 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

SPOILERS

Ok, do you remember somewhere in the movie that Xavier was talking about some guy on the news who didn't have a consience and can have someone's mind wapred to it? Well, in the end they show that guy and then Xavier's voice talks to the nurse and says ''Moira?'' and then the nurse replies ''Xavier?''
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#7 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:05 AM

I really enjoyed the first two X-men movies, but X-men: Last Stand was a total disappointment. Predictable plot and no character development whatsoever. I don't know why they even bothered having that guy with the wings in the movie. He hardly did anything!

It's nearly as bad as AOTC, and that really is saying a lot.

This post has been edited by Storm: 28 May 2006 - 01:05 AM

#8 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 27 2006, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw x men last night. It started out pretty good, but it finished pretty weak. I wont go into details, but most people who are fans of the comics will probably hate it. It was an enjoyable movie if you can turn your brain off for an hour and a half. If not, the cheesy one-liners and the sloppy end sequence will drive you crazy. I was a big fan of the first two movies and up until about an hour into the movie, I though this one would be even better. But…

Also, I feel it necessary to mention once again (I’m pretty sure I’ve said it before on a different thread) that Halle Berry is the crappiest Storm ever.

I just hate it how all the cool X-men and Counter X-men (revision anyone?) die. Like how Sabertooth and Toad died in the first film, they kicked ass, they should have been in the second at least.

<Upcoming Spoiler>

Ill get to the point... I hate Cyclops just as the next manly man, but he didnt have to die in the FIRST FUCKING scene (well not the first but it was in the first 7 minutes of the movie) and then Xavier died... now I hate the Profesor just like the next manly man, but seriuosly, his death was just too much... I mean I thought the X-men were going to be wiped out in the next 5 scenes afterward, this is ridiculas. It really isnt the fact they died the made me pissed, it was the way they died, why couldnt they be crushed to death somehow, instead of being killed by an overpowered overzealus bitch? And how come all Magnetos troops look the same and dont use thier powers?

Thats all I can think of right now, Ill get back to ya.

(edit)

What the hell is AOTC?

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 28 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

#9 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

I find myself agreeing with Abbey again, but for different reasons. I think the second spoiler scene she mentioned is the best of the whole film, but at its early place in the first act it promises a much better movie than the one we get. After that the story devolves into dumb fights between mismatched characters, a pair of melodramatic romances, and of course the legendary Ian McKellan acting all supreme and fabulous, which is always good even if it's over the top.

The first X MEN movie was really good, a stand-out in the superhero genre. Its sequels have become increasingly muddled and weak. I hope the title "The Lats Stand" is honest, because this film deserves no followup.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#10 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

I'm sure the last scene (with Magneto in it) was meant to imply "He may not have lost his powers" But to me it meant "He was defeated. And now, he shall become a villain known only as... Chessman!"
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#11 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

As I stated on another forum, I'm still waiting for the X-man whose powers are 'preternatural incontinence and sloth'. They've already made and killed every other possible combination several times.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#12 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ May 28 2006, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure the last scene (with Magneto in it) was meant to imply "He may not have lost his powers" But to me it meant "He was defeated. And now, he shall become a villain known only as... Chessman!"

I kind of felt sorry for him... I mean he lost everything he had practicly... but then I remember, he tried to wipe out the human race not once, not twice but trice.

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

The X-Men movies were never really X-Men movies, they were just Wolverine movies that happened to feature the X-Men as supporting characters. The first one could easily be called Wolverine while the 2nd one could be called Wolverine 2: Wolverine Kicks Some Ass. I imagine this one could be called Wolverine 3: Just To Tide You Over Before We Do The One Without The X-Men as Wolverine's Supporting Cast.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 28 May 2006 - 09:10 PM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 28 2006, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why they even bothered having that guy with the wings in the movie. He hardly did anything!

I generally enjoyed the film, but there were some real warts there... archangel was the prime one for me...

he's near the front of the crew in the poster, but he has less than two minutes screentime.

he was there to be a tad ironic at the end. but moslty to just say hey, look... its archangel... i'm here.

now, really... if they were going to do that and this is to be the last film... how about Gambit? he was cool, everybody loves him, and he never made the cut. rogue never learned to fly...
infact she only used her power in the first film really, and quickly in the second, not once in the third...
you could really feel the change of director.

it was the return of the jedi of the series in all respects, save some bold choices.

#15 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 28 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now, really... if they were going to do that and this is to be the last film... how about Gambit? he was cool,

I was foolish enough to hope that Gambit was in X-men 3. crying.gif

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size