Chefelf.com Night Life: Denied/Curse You George Lucas - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Denied/Curse You George Lucas Sad Realization About Jar Jar Occurred To Me Today

#1 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

So Jar Jar had an albeit brief cameo in ROTS as opposed to his time onscreen in TPM which made many want to poke their own eyes out at the dight of him, and an all too annoying but brief cameo in ATOC.

We were deprived a scene in ROTS where Jar Jar got killed, and there was a lot of times it could have happened, like from the opening crawl announcing that Chancelor Palpatine AND Jar Jar were kidnapped by Grievous, among others.

So what you say? Well, no dead Jar Jar in ROTS means he's going to be around for the Star Wars TV series, maybe nursing Luke and Leia?

All the more reason to curse George Lucas, his creation of the PT, and reluctance in giving fans what they wanted, a Jar Jar death scene.

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

here hear

they could have had him lava surfing as well... only he would have comically slipped off while pleading with anakin to stop the madness....

and then anakin and obiwan could have laughed about it for a few minutes before continuing to fight.

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

A dead Jar Jar is a good Jar Jar. While I definitely would have loved to see him get wasted in a disturbing gore fest that would haunt my memory forever, I did get a good chuckle out of the emotionally distraught yet oh so silent Jar Jar in Padme's funeral procession. I remember vividly a wild laughter filling the movie theater. At first I didn’t realize where it was coming from until the guy behind me gave the back of my seat a nice kicking.

Good show Jar Jar. It was well worth the $8 seeing you suffer, and I'd pay it again, and again, and again...

#4 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

I just realized something, why the hell would grievious capture Jar Jar? Hes a low level, idiotic senator. Its like kidnapping Saxby Chamblis and President Bush.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#5 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

I'm still hoping for a Phantom Edit of the whole PT that just leaves all of Jar Jar's scenes in and cuts out all that other rubbish.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

opening scroll, both fights with maul, the end. tongue.gif

actually, someone did the phantom edit you're asking for...

#7 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:44 PM

Or have him be eaten by a space slug!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#8 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ May 17 2006, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what you say? Well, no dead Jar Jar in ROTS means he's going to be around for the Star Wars TV series, maybe nursing Luke and Leia?

Not necessarily, the lack of Jar Jar in Ep2 and almost no Jar Jar in Ep3 means Lucas reads the internet boards. It's like the constant changes in the OT. The acknowledge he made a mistake.

I bet Jar Jar won't be in the upcoming TV series. But it does mean we will not get stupid characters sad.gif

QUOTE (barend @ May 17 2006, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
opening scroll, both fights with maul, the end. tongue.gif

actually, someone did the phantom edit you're asking for...

I think he means the opposite, just jar jar scenes, sort of SW Holiday special 2006

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

they should have him fight the crocostimpy

#10 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

I almost wish Lucas stuck to his guns and bombarded us with more Jar in Jar in the rest of the PT. Suddenly reducing him to next to nothing just emphasizes how he wrote these damn flicks on the fly despite having 15 years to do so...and it shows!

#11 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (MyPantsAreOnFire @ May 16 2006, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost wish Lucas stuck to his guns and bombarded us with more Jar in Jar in the rest of the PT. Suddenly reducing him to next to nothing just emphasizes how he wrote these damn flicks on the fly despite having 15 years to do so...and it shows!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif devil.gif
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#12 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

Not necessarily, the lack of Jar Jar in Ep2 and almost no Jar Jar in Ep3 means Lucas reads the internet boards. It's like the constant changes in the OT. The acknowledge he made a mistake.

Rubbish. Stop patting yourself so hard on the back.

"Suddenly reducing him to next to nothing"

JJ in TPM- bumbling, well meaning, end result he falls over.

JJ in AotC- bumbling, well meaning, end result he kick starts the Empire.

He had this planned out well in advance.

This post has been edited by jariten: 16 May 2006 - 10:41 PM

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:11 PM

JJ in RotS-quiet and dignified, no hi-jinx, says: "excuse me." or does he actually say "sorry" i can't remember.... either way, very apt.

#14 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ May 16 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just realized something, why the hell would grievious capture Jar Jar? Hes a low level, idiotic senator. Its like kidnapping Saxby Chamblis and President Bush.

They could have waited for Chancellor Palpatine to be in a meeting with Jar Jar and maybe another senatir, and then launch the kidnapping plot, so to have him on the ship when the rescue mission goes wrong and Jar Jar gets it. I only mentioned it as an example where in the ROTS we see, Jar Jar could have been taken out. I'm sure it would have gotten a strong fan reaction. Having another senator threr would have been good insurance, as Palpatine carried the baggage of being chancellor way too long, and a lot of other contenders would have been happy to see Grievous remove him since they couldn't have. Another could have been at a Jedi's side, maybe with a Gungan army (Jar Jar as a translator or leader among them as well as clones and the Jedi leader) when 'Order 66' is given, or in this case '66.2' to off Jar Jar. Having Palpatine chuck one of those round senate seat thingies at him, killing him, would have been the source of one heck of a reaction.

I'd bet we'll see Jar Jar again, most likely with a young Leia at Aldeeran saying how he knew her mother and how Leia's like her, or Leia reminds him of someone he once knew.

#15 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:24 PM

Please, someone, anyone, point out a character as significant and who got as much screentime as Jar Jar did in TPM who then all but vanishes in the later films in either trilogy...and doesn't die?

Yeah, he has his moment in AOTC, but it's just that...a moment. Very bizarre for someone who got so much attention the first time around. I'd bet plenty that Lucas fully intended for Jar Jar to be around just as much in AOTC until everyone over the age of 6 was revolted by the idea. Why have him waste everyone's time in the 1st film and then banish him off the screen almost entirely? It's so shallow and obvious.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size