• (3 Pages)
  • +

Dear Sony: "Eat My Nuts"

#16 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

and be able to somehow download just about every game they've made for home consoles on it to play

biggrin.gif I forgot about that! It'll be "the best of" SNES, megadrive and Turbografix 16 (which i've never played) games.

#17 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Coco @ May 11 2006, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. You have to have a HD TV to tell the difference. Otherwise, it'll just play as everything else.

Uhh... wasn't a Blu-Ray DVD just a DVD with more capacity due to the greater wavelength of blue lasers? huh.gif You don't necessarily need to introduce a whole new storage medium for high definition television... then again, if it sells... hmm...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#18 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

Some of the titles for the PS3 caught my eye, but I'm just going to do what I did with when I got my PS2. Wait until the price goes down, and wait until they fix the minor bugs that all "brand spanking new, just released" consoles tend to have.

You either have to be crazy, rich, or both to buy any of these next gen consoles RIGHT when they come out. lol.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#19 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (darth_paul @ May 11 2006, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like Sith Avenger, I am not a Nintendo salesperson either, but I totally agree with everything that he's said so far about the Wii, and I too will probably wait to see what they have to offer with it and see how much it and the games will cost before I decide to invest in it. I am liking what I've seen so far though, but there is one tiny thing that is bothering me about it and it isn't the name. It's the so far apparent lack of Gameboy compatiblity. While Nintendo is saying that you can use Gamecube controllers and be able to somehow download just about every game they've made for home consoles on it to play there hasn't been anything about any Gameboy Player type periferal (sic) devices to go with it. One of the things that I like most about my Gamecube is the ability to play my GBA games and older Gameboy games on my TV screen in a larger format whenever I want so that I don't have to play them on the little GBA all the time (although there's really nothing wrong with that, it's just nice to have the option). Here's hoping for future add-ons that will sell it more for me than it already has. thumbsup.gif

darth_paul, i think i really like you now. smile.gif
Holy shit, we even have the same name (If my name is translated to english)

About the PS3, I'll probably buy one when the price drops and there's a killer app.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#20 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ May 12 2006, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhh... wasn't a Blu-Ray DVD just a DVD with more capacity due to the greater wavelength of blue lasers? huh.gif You don't necessarily need to introduce a whole new storage medium for high definition television... then again, if it sells... hmm...

Greater Frequency = Lower Wavelength. Unless you're comparing blue light to violet, ultra violet, x-rays or gamma rays. Then it does have a longer wavelength.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#21 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

Sorry, mixed that up again. I guess that explains the bad feeling I've got about my physics exam. unsure.gif

Edit: If you want, you may add "is better in physics than me" to your signature, Mr. Sublime.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 12 May 2006 - 01:56 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#22 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:19 AM

Snake's reaction to the PS3 price.

Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

#23 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

Wow, the wrinkles on his skin is soooo realistic. It totally makes me forget about the fact that they just killed off one of my favorite characters ever in the wimpiest god damned ways ever.

As for the PS3 itself. I think they might be rushing the Bluetooth technology. Consoles nowadays are comming out more and more frequently. They really should have waited, right now I don't think that most Joe Average people have enough HD TV's to make the MAIN feature of the PS3, bluetooth graphics, work. In eight years, definitely, they also might be able to lower the price of bluetooth technology by that time as well. It will end up like buying a AMD graphics card and putting that in a computer with an 1990's apple green screen monitor.

These fuckers lack patients.

Also, the problems with their last console has made me weary of their products. No online capability to go (It needed an add-on and their were problems even with that), Disk Fucking Read Error that rendered blue backs and PS1 games useless, and the fact they needed to remake the bastard into a whole new machine (IE Slim).

There is also a thing about innovation. Say what you will about the Wii, whether it fails or wins, at least Nintendo is trying something new. Can't say the same about Sony where they have the same damn controller from their first incarnation with just a scad few bells and whistles attached.

Right now, fuck sony. This consol war will mostly be between the 360 and the Wii.

Also, 600$ = fail.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#24 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Post icon  Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ May 11 2006, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
darth_paul, i think i really like you now. smile.gif
Holy shit, we even have the same name (If my name is translated to english)

About the PS3, I'll probably buy one when the price drops and there's a killer app.

Dude, that's awesome! Thanks for the kind words, I knew that I would meet people with common interests on this site, but now it's like I've found my evil twin or something devil.gif laugh.gif! Anyone who shares my views on Nintendo, has a similar screen name, and has my name (even if it is in another language) is alright in my book. Anyway, yeah as far as the PS3 goes, I was all set to actually buy a PS2 by now since the prices have been dropped especially for used ones, but now that PS3 will be here soon what's the point. Yet, if the price is going to be $599+ then screw it, I'll just be my usuall Nintendo fanboy self and get myself a Wii and a DS (which I still haven't gotten yet since I'm waiting for better games, but some like New Super Mario Bros. and the latest Castlevania are really starting to sway me.)

#25 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:58 PM

Cool, an evil twin! Finaly enough power to rule Earth! I agree that New Super Mario Bros looks really good. Who doesn't love old-school gaming? Also, Super Paper Mario looks great.

Now on topic, I really don't see any reasons to buy a PS3 on launch day. Too expensive and no cool games, unlike the Wii that is cheap and will have awesome launch games. (Did anyone said Zelda?)

#26 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:36 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say cheap. I'd settle with 'less expensive'.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#27 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:33 AM

Is this guy more powerful and evil than Lex Luthor?

#28 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

Zelda on Wii will be awesome, but even with the low price point, it will probably be some time until I actually get one since I can't just fork over that kind of cash with having to pay the bills and feed the children and all. So, I'll probably end up getting the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess and then whenever I do get around to eventually getting the Wii buy it for that system as well just to experience the difference in the controls with the "wiimote" which would be worth it to purchase the same game twice. Besides it's Zelda and you can never get enough Zelda! biggrin.gif

#29 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 10 2006, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$600 for a game console that has a tacky, tacked on Wii ripoff contoller and BluRay (yawn) technology that still might go the way of Betamax.

Sony learned a lot since Beta, they havent made too many large mistakes since then. Sony and Philips helped pioneer compact disc technology, if Sony's Blu-Ray doesnt become the next gen industry standard, im sure it will be a strong competitor of whatever format is available to compete against it. I cant see it simply dying away.

There are some clear technical advantages Blu-Ray has over HD-DVD such as higher capacity (50GB for BD v. 30GB for HD- DVD) and higher data rates (50mbps for Blu-Ray v. 31mbps for HD DVD.

As far as technology in general, the majority of consumers will take a wait and see approach before investing large sums of money into new formats. whether it be next-gen dvd, video games, etc.

even with dvd being the current home format, vhs is just now starting to diminish after being available for over 20 years.

most are balking at the prices of the PS3, but around 1992/1993 consumers were paying around $130 for either a SNES packed with mario,.or a genesis packed with sonic. that was almost 14 years ago. adjusted for inflation, and taking into how much technology has advanced since then, Sony's price is very modest afterall, considering everything the machine is capable of.

SNES carts were priced roughly from $29.99 to $59.99, circa 1991 to 1995..about the same as most games today.

most consumers, unlike the tech savvy, will probably notice little difference in the quality of DVD vs. Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, and wont be compelled to invest in it, choosing to stick with the current DVD format, until the prices come down of the new technology.

unless there are compelling reasons to invest in a new format to where it pretty much outdates its predecessor, and until mass-production and competition makes the new products affordable, dont count on current technology going anywhere for a while.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#30 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

I don't think that a 600$ price tag on a video game system can be considered adjusted for inflation. Prices flucuate; it's not a constant rise. That price tag is just Sony not feeling that it's rich enough, or throwing far too much costly technology into its device to warrent that price to make up for the manufacturing costs and keep up the same amount of profit that it's had at the very least.

However, except for zip disks, most technology upgrades in terms of storage space seem to stick, don't they? Man, what were they thinking with zip disks? tongue.gif I remember when it was cool to have 100mb of R/W diskspace on what was really just a giant floppy disk.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size