Chefelf.com Night Life: Suggested changes to the OT - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Suggested changes to the OT For the next Special Editions...

#31 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:56 AM

[sarcasm]Good one! thumbsup.gif [/sarcasm]

#32 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:51 AM

Don't ask me why, but I somehow have a feeling that there's some hidden sarcasm in Miss Abbey's last post.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#33 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

Odd... How can you tell?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#34 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:10 AM

I dunno... guess the guys were right when they called me 'psychic' back in the days... or was it 'psycho'? Hm... *shrugs*... can't remember.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#35 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:24 PM

It's the midiclori-... I mean the force. tongue.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#36 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 12 2006, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They need to add a scene in ANH where after the Rebels are briefed by General Dodonna, Luke gets into his X-wing and instantly crashes into the hanger bay wall and dies. Following this, Han comments "I told him it wasn't like dusting crops" and Dodonna concludes "Oohhhh...so that's why we don't put untrained pilots into a space ship. I get it now!"

Han was talking about hyperspace. If Luke had gone into light speed on his trenchrun, by flipping every switch it would be different. But actually Waldzam programmed Luke's hyperdrive to kamikaze the rebel base, because Boba Fett had designed a weakness in the DS (to kill many clone brothers) and knew the DS couldn't kill the rebels so he had to arrange for it.

Luke dies. But, he rises from the grave (similar to his dad having a virgin-mother) to return in ESB which will always be regarded as the best of the SW films.

#37 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

storm's post was retarded.

go to force.net

#38 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 14 2006, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
storm's post was retarded.

go to force.net

How is it retarded? That's what should have happened. The only training Luke had was flying the T-16 model around with his hand. And he didn't even do that gracefully.

I think you are starting to get a little cranky since you've finally come to realize that you can't possibly defend this flaw. Learn to live with it, my friend.

This post has been edited by Storm: 15 May 2006 - 01:23 AM

#39 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 15 2006, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is it retarded? That's what should have happened. The only training Luke had was flying the T-16 model around with his hand. And he didn't even do that gracefully.

I think you are starting to get a little cranky since you've finally come to realize that you can't possibly defend this flaw. Learn to live with it, my friend.

You know, I've never flown an F-16 before, but I bet if I got in the cockpit I could figure it out. I bet if I had to fly something similar in the vacuum of space itd be a helluva whole lot easier.

You cant say somebody cant do something (fly an x-wing despite their abilities to fly what is probably a similar aircraft) when you have no idea how easy it may actually be. You're just speculating just like everybody who thinks the scenario is believable.

#40 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

Actually, I think driving a farm truck and driving an aircraft is quite different, don't you agree?

And have you seen all those buttons and levers in the X-wing? Try piloting that without knowing how it works.

#41 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ May 15 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think driving a farm truck and driving an aircraft is quite different, don't you agree?

No, think Crop duster.

FACE it. The first go round was imaginative and fresh. the second set was lazy and watered-down.

And it will never be what the core audience wanted. You can continue to post otherwise, surely. But be certain that we accept you are WRONG.

#42 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ May 15 2006, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, think Crop duster.

FACE it. The first go round was imaginative and fresh. the second set was lazy and watered-down.

And it will never be what the core audience wanted. You can continue to post otherwise, surely. But be certain that we accept you are WRONG.

Are you implying that I'm a PT lover? Because I have clearly stated here that I think that the OT is vastly superior to the crappy PT. I was just defending Storm because he pointed out a little flaw in ANH.

Don't call me a PT lover, that's just insulting.

#43 User is offline   MyPantsAreOnFire Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ May 15 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you implying that I'm a PT lover? Because I have clearly stated here that I think that the OT is vastly superior to the crappy PT. I was just defending Storm because he pointed out a little flaw in ANH.

It's not as if any of the films are flawless...only a fool would declare something like that. But as I've been pointing out, Luke's actions in ANH fit perfectly in with everything else we're expected to accept, namely because the script adequately foreshadows what we're going to see. Very few, if any, watchable films require a pre-movie documentary and FAQ explaining the intricate nature of the worlds we're about to see.

Again, "so and so is the best blank I have ever seen!"

So and so shows he is the best blank anyone has ever seen.

You watch a WW2 movie, you're usually going to see the soldiers already ready for or in combat. How do you know that they're ready to fire their guns or execute combat manuevers? Because the movie framed it for you to go along with it. Luke's final battle in ANH, in the context established by the film for EVERYTHING we see, is only a flaw if you want it to be and you're trying really, really, REALLY hard to compare to a really, really, REALLY crappy and truly flawed trio of films that came more than 20 years later.

So, hell, along those lines, everything we see in the PT DOES make perfect sense, since those films set up ludicrous and laughably bad contexts right from the first text crawl.

#44 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 15 2006, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's retarded because it came from someone who doesn't do dialogue in a film...
it's retarded because it wasn't funny like everyone elses posts in this thread...
it's retarded because it is a leak from a failing argument in another thread...
it's retarded because unlike everyone elses efforts doesn't make the OT match up with the PT which was the trend here...
it's retarded because it was so ungracefull
it's retarded because it's dragging a petty argument that has two people ignoring the points against it which defeats the purpos of an argument...
it's retarded because all things condisered and under the circumstance, only a retard would say it.

tongue.gif

get over yourself... little cranky? ami a wittle cwanky?

what's that a condescending retard are we now?

#45 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ May 15 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for squaring me on that.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size