Chefelf.com Night Life: drugs are fun - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

drugs are fun

#31 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

huh.gif ... I know I'm being a twat here, but for a split second it seemed like you were implying that there's one such thing as cureable murder.

QUOTE (Zewb)
And what causes laughter?
I'm not so sure about that, I mean I can always get a good laugh out of high people and/or people in general, but half of the weed addicts over here just sort of... stare and gasp for air from time to time once they noticed that they stopped breathing out of pure lazyness.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#32 User is offline   StantheGarbageMan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

The whole thing about medicinal marijuana is stupid. Helps depression, huh? We're all depressed, it's called LIFE. These people just want an excuse to get high without the police up their asses. They're just weak-willed, pathetic and can't handle a little stress. I've been depressed before many times, sometimes for days on end. It's terrible and I feel like doing nothing short of hollowing out a big pumpkin shell, crawling inside and waiting to die. But I get over it once I realise that I'm wasting a lot of time moping about like a whiny bitch and I probably look like a total pussy to others around me.
So there you have it. Harmless or not, marijuana is nothing more then an escape for people who think that they're the only ones with problems in this world. Life is tough. You can't expect the Lord our God to fly down on a firey chariot pulled by winged naked supermodels to fart rainbows and cranberry dumplings every time something bad happens. Either do something about it or deal with it.

#33 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (StantheGarbageMan @ Jul 4 2006, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't expect the Lord our God to fly down on a firey chariot pulled by winged naked supermodels to fart rainbows and cranberry dumplings every time something bad happens.
Which is exactly the reason for me being atheist!

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#34 User is offline   Zazzo Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (StantheGarbageMan @ Jul 4 2006, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole thing about medicinal marijuana is stupid. Helps depression, huh? We're all depressed, it's called LIFE. These people just want an excuse to get high without the police up their asses. They're just weak-willed, pathetic and can't handle a little stress. I've been depressed before many times, sometimes for days on end.

Clinical depression can be a little bit worse. Months then years spent not wanting anything but the sadness to stop or your own death if you could muster the energy to bring it about. There are many people who can't jerk themselves out of it anymore after doing it over and over again for so long and just get worse and worse. Marijuana has not be seriously evaluated as a treatment for depression as far as I know, but if people can use it to become more effective and enjoy life more, it could be a lot better than the alternative.

I agree, though, that most people just want the excuse to get high without the police up their ass. Like any drug (or 'herbal medicine'), it should be used short-term by those who need it.

#35 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

I thought medicinal marijuana was for certain kinds of pain relief? Even I don't think a drug with somewhat wonky effects on your mental health is really a good idea for clinical bloody depression...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#36 User is offline   Zazzo Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jul 4 2006, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even I don't think a drug with somewhat wonky effects on your mental health is really a good idea for clinical bloody depression...

Just as wonky effects as those from all the antidepressants out there patients are put on for the rest of their lives... At least those are in limited dosage, though.

Maybe it's for pain, I dunno. I've had heard people say it helps a ton with depression.

This post has been edited by Zazzo: 04 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

#37 User is offline   Zewb Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Things and stuff.

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

I remember some girls at a party once were talking about how they wanted to get drunk, and the second I mentioned weed, they all suddenly became anti-drug experts, explaining that it's ok to get drunk, but not get high.

Marijuana is actually safer than alcohol as far as recreational use goes. First of all, there's driving. Many people believe that stoned drivers are accidents waiting to happen, but in reality, a stoned driver usually goes about 25 mph on the freeway their blinker on. More of an annoyance than a danger to society.

Also, drinking too much alcohol at once can cause alcohol poisoning, while it is clinically impossible for a human being to smoke enough weed in one sitting to actually kill himself.

Marijuana will probably never cause any major lung damage, since an average pothead doesn't inhale nearly as much smoke as an average tobacco smoker.

Look it up on Wikipedia, if you must, all of the health-threatening effects of Marijuana are unproven.

The only danger is that you could end up becoming a fat worthless piece of shit with no ambition but to smoke more weed and eat more Doritos. But that's avoidable if you remember to always put your dreams before your weed.
"It's gettin' to be re-goddamn-diculous. If you guys don't start thinking as men, we're gonna have a lousy country."

-John Wayne

#38 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:05 PM

And what if you dream about weed?

#39 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Jul 4 2006, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is exactly the reason for me being atheist!

That would be the reason for me being atheist, except that what fragments of logical thinking I have lead me to believe that God's just refusing to show up to annoy me. So of course it's a good idea to ignore him to see how HE likes it. Except that being an atheist to spite God is probably killing the point a little bit.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#40 User is offline   Walexei Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:17 PM

Its true, alchohol is a lot more dangerous and has many more ill effects. Also weed cant kill you or harm you phsyically (well not much). However Weed is mentally dangerous, smoke enough over a few years and you could end up living with the fairies for the rest of your life. Ive heard of and met quite a few people who have been mentally fucked by weed, I personally have a had a very bad experience from eating it. It is said that it only really messes you up permenantly if you have some mental instabilty anyway, but many people do these days so i guess it depends on the kind of person you are. I enjoy the odd toke now and again, but very rarely now compared to when I was about 16/17.

#41 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

Apparantly, it also gives you the amount ofcommon sense to tell the police that not only are you under the influence of marijuana, you have marijuana cookies in your trunk. (The police would never have known, otherwhise...)
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#42 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

No, you seem to forget about the inbuilt check of "rabid paranoia", which means that these days, even if I'm sober as a judge and am not even carrying a pack of fags, any passing police car gets a brief but wary eye.

Less Is More v4

#43 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

Judges are sober? Since when?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#44 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

My thoughts exactly.

#45 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:24 AM

Well, we know that your average judge these days is both high on crack AND probably wanking in court, but I'm using the figure of speech. Don't make me have to start thinking about my metaphors now!

Less Is More v4

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size