Chefelf.com Night Life: My recent ROTS review from Amazon.com - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

My recent ROTS review from Amazon.com Please read and send feedback!

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Expectations were high. And fans were let down.

There are a lot of negative things to be said about any given movie that has been released throughout history. But what makes a good movie, is if the good things about it, greatly outweigh the bad things about it. A bad movie is just the opposite; and I have seen some very poor movies. If I had a top five list of poor and pathetic movies, 'Revenge of the Sith' would undoubtedly and unfortunately be on that list. There are very few, if any real redeeming qualities about this movie. It isn't a classic... and can never be a classic. It has failed the fans of Star Wars (older fans of the O.T.), and the more intelligent fans. People who really liked and enjoyed this movie, are either in denial, or just plain simpletons.

The story is lacking. The third edition to the saga needed to perhaps be the most powerful. This was the movie that was supposed to be better than any of the others; we were supposed to be moved to tears by the transformation that Anakin took from being himself, to becoming Darth Vader. I wasn't moved.

Characters, were like cardboard cut-outs. There was nothing deep in their personality that made them believable; the whole while watching this movie, I KNEW without a doubt that these were actors saying lines that they had read from a script written by a cop-out director. They had little to work with; the only true emotional part was by Ewan McGregor, when Anakin was about to catch on fire by the lake of lava. Those lines he delivered were the only lines worth remembering and caring about. Rather than that, the dialogue in this movie will be forgotten as the decades slip by.

Are there any good things about this movie at all? Sure. But very few. If you read some of the other HONEST reviews here, you will see that the flaws outweigh any redeeming qualities... and after watching this movie, you will find that George Lucas failed. He failed at pleasing the audience, and failed the entire Star Wars franchise.

But are there good things about the actual DVD itself? The picture quality is 100% top-notch, and there are many bonus features, that even if you hated the movie, you will probably like watching. The features are comprehensive and very interesting.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size